Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Is There A Way To Raise A Strut/Spring Setup On My SC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-10, 10:22 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts
Unhappy Is There A Way To Raise A Strut/Spring Setup On My SC?

I just had Supra TT OEM struts and brand new Falken Supra TT lowering springs put on my SC and the car dropped so low that the wheels tuck into the fenders now. It's basically slammed now and it's a little bit lower than my friend's coilover setups. While the car looks great, I can barely get out of my driveway without scraping it. Is there a spacer that can safely raise the car slightly?
Old 07-18-10, 11:11 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Try different springs, coilovers, or bigger tires.
Old 07-18-10, 11:26 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pictures? Ill trade you my TT Eibachs if interested..
Old 07-18-10, 12:36 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Pictures? Ill trade you my TT Eibachs if interested..
Do the Eibachs have pretty low mileage one them? The Falkens have 130 miles on them. Can you post a few pics of your car too? I've never seen it outside of your signature.

I wanted to wait until Wednesday to post pics, but I don't have a choice right now....
Attached Thumbnails Is There A Way To Raise A Strut/Spring Setup On My SC?-100_1363.jpg   Is There A Way To Raise A Strut/Spring Setup On My SC?-100_1358.jpg   Is There A Way To Raise A Strut/Spring Setup On My SC?-100_1359.jpg  
Old 07-18-10, 12:52 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kira X
Do the Eibachs have pretty low mileage one them? The Falkens have 130 miles on them. Can you post a few pics of your car too? I've never seen it outside of your signature.

I wanted to wait until Wednesday to post pics, but I don't have a choice right now....

I think your car looks great like that. As for my Eibachs, I think they have less than 500 miles on them, but dont know for sure cause I havent kept track of it, but I did get them new. as for pics I only have one fairly recent one, and its not too great:

This is 2 days after the shocks/springs were installed, but were not fully settled yet:

Old 07-18-10, 01:03 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

I think your car looks great like that. As for my Eibachs, I think they have less than 500 miles on them, but dont know for sure cause I havent kept track of it, but I did get them new. as for pics I only have one fairly recent one, and its not too great:

This is 2 days after the shocks/springs were installed, but were not fully settled yet:

Thanks! I love the way my car looks but I hate my driveway. Your car looks pretty sweet. I thought my car was going to come out like yours since I had 18"s, but it's even lower than I anticipated. I was hoping it would come out closer to yours. I'll think about trading. I'll need to roll my fenders first and I'll see how it turns out. Do you have any trouble with rubbing, uneven tire wear, or daily driving?
Old 07-18-10, 01:11 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Thanks! I love the way my car looks but I hate my driveway. Your car looks pretty sweet. I thought my car was going to come out like yours since I had 18"s, but it's even lower than I anticipated. I was hoping it would come out closer to yours. I'll think about trading. I'll need to roll my fenders first and I'll see how it turns out. Do you have any trouble with rubbing, uneven tire wear, or daily driving?
Thanks to you too..as for rubbing/wear/DD issues, none. Tires wear very evenly in the back, very smooth but very responsive ride, haven't rubbed once. But before a trade is a agreed on, might want to check to see if there is a difference in perch height on the shocks. Im on KYB AGX TT shocks, and I think they may sit a bit lower than the oem TT shocks.
Old 07-18-10, 01:16 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Thanks to you too..as for rubbing/wear/DD issues, none. Tires wear very evenly in the back, very smooth but very responsive ride, haven't rubbed once. But before a trade is a agreed on, might want to check to see if there is a difference in perch height on the shocks. Im on KYB AGX TT shocks, and I think they may sit a bit lower than the oem TT shocks.
That would be a good idea. That would slam your car to the ground with the Falken springs. I'll try to find someone with a closer set up. I heard the Falken's were discontinued though. I'm surprised at no rubbing or anything. My car isn't THAT much lower, but it does rub over bumps you would normally feel in any car. I've got to do something about my driveway though. I'm kind of stuck unless I want to scrape again.
Old 07-19-10, 10:03 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

There aren't too many Falken spring owners out there. Falken discontinued them years ago. Good springs, but make sure you have the right dampers to go with them otherwise your ride will not be ideal.
Old 07-20-10, 04:06 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by GSteg
There aren't too many Falken spring owners out there. Falken discontinued them years ago. Good springs, but make sure you have the right dampers to go with them otherwise your ride will not be ideal.
Yeah, I heard they were discontinued. Surprisingly they only have 100 miles on them. The ride quality feels awesome until I hit a bump and feel the fender rub.
Old 07-20-10, 05:31 PM
Koa31
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both of these cars look great! Just leave them how they look now. Turbodremz, I admire the simplicity of your ride man (and I'm not a fan of red cars soo that's good.)
Old 07-20-10, 05:33 PM
Koa31
Driver

I wanna get that low, hopefully by the end of this week lol
Old 07-21-10, 08:05 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

If rolling my fenders doesn't help with the rubbing, I may have to trade with turboremz. I've got to do something about all of this rubbing.
Old 07-21-10, 09:16 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

You should be fine if you roll your fender. I helped blisiono rolled his car with 19s (unstretched tires) and now the rubbing is practically eliminated. The only time it'll rub is when you try to take a turn like a formula 1 car. Make sure you relocated the wire harness!
Old 07-21-10, 01:46 PM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

what exactly are you rubbing on? like gsteg said, blisiono rolled his car, but rubbing isn't really eliminated because it's hitting the frame up front above the tire. I didn't think isx50 wheels would be flush enough for there to be fender problems.
Another thing is with spring/strut combos, they compress so much when you hit a bump, the body just comes crashing down on the tires, so get stiffer springs, spring spacers, or just suck it up and accept that rubbing will now be a daily occurrence. i don't think I have a friend who's car doesn't rub every once or twice a mile.

Quick Reply: Is There A Way To Raise A Strut/Spring Setup On My SC?