Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Where Is The Cheapest Place To Buy Megan Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-10, 02:06 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts
Smile Where Is The Cheapest Place To Buy Megan Coilovers

I need to order a set in the next few weeks or just as soon as I sell my current setup. I can't find amy used ones here or on Supra Forums, so I may have to buy a brand new set.
Old 07-30-10, 05:46 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just order a set of Stance's. What makes you want the Megan's?
Old 07-30-10, 06:38 PM
ecstaticSC
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy from Team SNS. I got mine for $839 shipped.
Old 07-31-10, 04:44 PM
JustChill
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

a place called sonic motors can do 850 shipped or 825 picked up in L.A.
Old 08-01-10, 05:01 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
Just order a set of Stance's. What makes you want the Megan's?
I had always heard that Megans were really good and could go pretty low while still riding good. I asked about them on Supra Forums and everybody said to go with Teins or anything but Megans so I'm not too sure. The price of the Megans caught my eye, but I'll pay more for quality.

Originally Posted by ecstaticSC
Buy from Team SNS. I got mine for $839 shipped.
I got a hold of Team SNS and they seem to be the lowest price by $10 so far. I may go with Teins or the gixxer drew setup.

Originally Posted by JustChill
a place called sonic motors can do 850 shipped or 825 picked up in L.A.
If only I lived in California.
Old 08-01-10, 05:19 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Go with the gixxer drew setup if that's your only other option. Hypero coils are some of the best in the business and Bilstein shocks are top notch. These are quality parts that will perform better than the Megan crap. Many of those who vouch for Megans are in the minority because they're usually the younger kids who have higher tolerance for stiff/harsh ride qualities. Lexus:Megans::Honda:APC Do you care about performance, or do you need coils just to lower your car? If the latter, Megans will drop your car as low as you want at an affordable price.

Teins are okay, definitely better than Megans. If you want Teins, go for a used set. Ever since Tein jacked up their price on new coilovers, they've becme overpriced in my eyes. Mediocre dampers for an outrageous price. I guess you pay for the name and the jdm'ness

When you look for coilovers, you need to define your requirements. For what purposes are you using them for? Figure these things out and then narrow down your choices.
Old 08-01-10, 09:10 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by GSteg
Go with the gixxer drew setup if that's your only other option. Hypero coils are some of the best in the business and Bilstein shocks are top notch. These are quality parts that will perform better than the Megan crap. Many of those who vouch for Megans are in the minority because they're usually the younger kids who have higher tolerance for stiff/harsh ride qualities. Lexus:Megans::Honda:APC Do you care about performance, or do you need coils just to lower your car? If the latter, Megans will drop your car as low as you want at an affordable price.

Teins are okay, definitely better than Megans. If you want Teins, go for a used set. Ever since Tein jacked up their price on new coilovers, they've becme overpriced in my eyes. Mediocre dampers for an outrageous price. I guess you pay for the name and the jdm'ness

When you look for coilovers, you need to define your requirements. For what purposes are you using them for? Figure these things out and then narrow down your choices.
I may go with the gixxer drew setup then. There was a guy who might swap his Tein Flex coilovers for my suspension plus cash on top. If that doesn't work out, I'll go with gixxer drew. I want the new coilovers to be able to lower the car a good amount with minimal rubbing or fender issues while maintaining good ride quality. My current setup rides great but my car is slammed and rubs over EVERY crack in the road. It's not even fun driving the car anymore despite how cool and low it is.

If I trade my suspension towards a set of Teins, I'll go with that. I would never buy them new because they are way too expensive. I was always under the impression that Teins were some of the best since the Supra guys have them, but I had heard they jacked the price up. I originally wanted Megans because I heard they were good and affordable, but from what you guys are saying, that might not be the best idea since the gixxer drew setup is not much more expensive.
Old 08-01-10, 11:50 PM
ronricorum
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please dont get megans, at first when they first came out me and my friends thought they were good. but now 2 out of 3 of my friends that have megans (Honda EP3 and Suby STi) have blown megan coilovers. the last one is on the verge of going bad (neon SRT-4)

maybe their other parts are ok, but not the coils.
Old 08-02-10, 04:21 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by ronricorum
please dont get megans, at first when they first came out me and my friends thought they were good. but now 2 out of 3 of my friends that have megans (Honda EP3 and Suby STi) have blown megan coilovers. the last one is on the verge of going bad (neon SRT-4)

maybe their other parts are ok, but not the coils.
That doesn't sound good at all. I'll stay away from the Megans.
Old 08-04-10, 10:40 AM
speed6
Lead Lap

i drift on rear megans (to replace my blown hks) and i love them. they are awesome. may pick up front set.... i dont use the megan springs though
Old 08-04-10, 07:41 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Talking

Originally Posted by speed6
i drift on rear megans (to replace my blown hks) and i love them. they are awesome. may pick up front set.... i dont use the megan springs though
I've got a friend with Megan springs and he likes them a lot. They slammed his IS350. Previously I had heard that Megans were the best bang for your buck since they were pretty solid all around. Do you like the ride quality of your Megans in the rear?
Old 08-04-10, 08:17 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

They were the best bang for the buck at the time because they were cheap and did what people needed them to do: drop low without costing >$1000. Plus they had dual height adjustment rather than just one perch like the lower end Teins.
Old 08-04-10, 11:07 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by speed6
Crappy valving isn't too important when you are just using them for drifting.
Old 08-04-10, 11:14 PM
JakeBreyck
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's not at all correct Kevin, crappy valving can create an uncontrollable car that just does donuts or under steers badly. Megans just simply suck unless you know absolutely nothing about suspension tuning.
Old 08-05-10, 12:11 AM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JakeBreyck
that's not at all correct Kevin, crappy valving can create an uncontrollable car that just does donuts or under steers badly. Megans just simply suck unless you know absolutely nothing about suspension tuning.
Well I meant it isn't nearly as important for drifting as it is for grip. I guess I'm just a drift hater. As long as you are crazy stiff in the rear you wont understeer, though.

Quick Reply: Where Is The Cheapest Place To Buy Megan Coilovers