Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

STANCE coilovers w/ help springs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-10, 08:14 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Update:

After V (spyder) hammered them with pictures and specs, Stance admitted to their mess up. They stated they will ship out the right spring and 2 dampers which are and inch and a half longer. This will solve the lack of lift issue when I put on the front RCA's. They kept saying the orginal dampener legnth is at spec, but clearly these should have been made an inch and a half longer in order to raise the car as needed (winter season). One inch in the cup is also a bit questionable if they say in writing that they are not responsible if anything happens.

I will write back when everything comes in....
Old 08-27-10, 10:11 AM
AristoPra
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nar8ta
Update:

After V (spyder) hammered them with pictures and specs, Stance admitted to their mess up. They stated they will ship out the right spring and 2 dampers which are and inch and a half longer. This will solve the lack of lift issue when I put on the front RCA's. They kept saying the orginal dampener legnth is at spec, but clearly these should have been made an inch and a half longer in order to raise the car as needed (winter season). One inch in the cup is also a bit questionable if they say in writing that they are not responsible if anything happens.

I will write back when everything comes in....
Good to hear, bro!
Old 08-27-10, 10:19 AM
alzimme
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of luck on getting this resolved. I'll see Scott next weekend probably, and Stance/Touge Factory is having a Cook out on the 11th so I'll see David also then. The new series of Stance products (only for the usual drift/track cars) have been awesome on the drift circuts around here. They usually run the new set ups without us knowing for several events and then release the new series/models, I might just throw my GS over to them as a donor for a while, since it is daily'd while also looking to get some track time with it. I think that's pretty indictive of what most of the people on here are looking for from their product.
Old 08-27-10, 12:25 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Originally Posted by alzimme
Best of luck on getting this resolved. I'll see Scott next weekend probably, and Stance/Touge Factory is having a Cook out on the 11th so I'll see David also then. The new series of Stance products (only for the usual drift/track cars) have been awesome on the drift circuts around here. They usually run the new set ups without us knowing for several events and then release the new series/models, I might just throw my GS over to them as a donor for a while, since it is daily'd while also looking to get some track time with it. I think that's pretty indictive of what most of the people on here are looking for from their product.

It's seems to me David wants to right this situation but it has been an annoying drawn out ordeal. This has been going on for more than a month and a half now. Most people wouldn't notice the problem do to wanting to be slammed. I have spoken to others who have Stance coils bought a year ago and they have no problem lifting the car up. What change since then I don't know. Why two different spring rates were sent (L to R), I don't know. An Inch in the cup rather than what is said in the manual, I don't know. This is a new set of coils not used mind you.

If you get the hook up on parts do to your relationship with the owner, go for it. But I don't think I will ever buy from this company again.

Lee
Old 09-03-10, 10:35 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Update:

As we draw near to finally righting the wrong, we get a package in the mail believing that it includes two shock cartridges and one front 14K coil spring. After opening the box it was apparent that they only shipped the two cartridges and forgot to ship the spring

I'm so sick of this company!!!!!!!! MORE WAIT!!!!!

Club Lexus Brothers, Learn from my mistake...stay away!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-10, 11:40 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Update:

A week later and still no coil spring which was suppose to be sent out already. We call up Stance and find out that they shipped it to the wrong address.

This company is the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-10, 06:58 AM
cjames235
Driver

i just installed mine last night and have the same problem...... although im very happy with mine as it is the right ride height i was looking for with between 1-1.5" inside the mount....... but this is only because of my RCA's (if i didnt have them i would easily have over 2" inside the mount

i also didnt have the spring issue (i went ahead and upped my spring rates to 16k/12k though)

ive never heard anything bad about stance and i am very happy with them so far........ although i could not go any higher than i am now if i wanted without a longer body
Old 09-14-10, 10:18 AM
cjames235
Driver

just wanted to add that stance doesnt really need to send out longer cartridges...... they really only need to send out longer lower mounts

maybe there is another vehicle that uses the same style lower mount that is just longer? they could just send out new lower mounts to the people with the problem
Old 09-14-10, 10:27 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Originally Posted by cjames235
just wanted to add that stance doesnt really need to send out longer cartridges...... they really only need to send out longer lower mounts

maybe there is another vehicle that uses the same style lower mount that is just longer? they could just send out new lower mounts to the people with the problem
They use universal mounts bro (I asked stance about that already). I got the 2 inch longer cartridges as we speak, and they work well. That problem has been solved. They make different lengths for different applications.

Last edited by nar8ta; 09-17-10 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-15-10, 05:48 AM
cjames235
Driver

yea reading pwns me i didnt realize it was already brought up on the previous page........ maybe i will hit them up and see if i can get some too i would like to have more shock inside the mount
Old 09-15-10, 08:20 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Originally Posted by cjames235
yea reading pwns me i didnt realize it was already brought up on the previous page........ maybe i will hit them up and see if i can get some too i would like to have more shock inside the mount

Definitely hit them up, they are sticking to their guns on it not being a design flaw, but there is no way an inch in cup is safe. I understand people want to ride low, but this just defeats the purpose of coils (no being able to lift it back up while still being safe). All they had to do is design them an inch to two inches longer.

Last edited by nar8ta; 09-17-10 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-17-10, 12:48 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Last update (hopefully)

I finally recieved my long awaited coils spring. To my suprise they shipped me a used spring (It was far from new with scratches on it).

What a way to show how much they appreciate our business. again!!!!!!!!

Next time BC all the way.

Lee