Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

idea on prices for tein HA and Flex

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-02, 09:00 AM
RacingAristo

nah.
Old 07-14-02, 04:03 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a floor jack, do you still need to pull the wheels? I remember reading something about people jacking them up high and reaching in through thw wheel well??

--
Old 07-14-02, 06:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Synergy
If you have a floor jack, do you still need to pull the wheels? I remember reading something about people jacking them up high and reaching in through thw wheel well??

--
from what i read and "imagine", i think to adjust those settings it's high up in the suspension (almost to the top of the wheel well?). so if you jack up the car there is a chance that you can reach in, if youar rims are big and the spokes are thin. but i guess it's always easier to take off the wheels.
Old 07-14-02, 07:25 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

--
pain in the ***. Taking the wheels off and putting them back on and adjusting takes less time then if u did them with teh wheels on.
Old 07-14-02, 07:59 PM
RacingAristo

without removing the rims, it'd be extremely hard to change the coil. Even if you remove the rims, the coil is very very tight. Just ask anyone who changed the coil on the coilover before.
Old 07-14-02, 08:45 PM
Synergy

Case closed. Pulling the weels is the solution.

Does anyone know if these puppies void any Lexus warranty? My dealer was telling me that anything besides Lexus / Toyota parts would void my warranty. The dude I spoke to was kind of an a-hole, so I am guessing that he is full of *#*#?!?!

--
Old 07-14-02, 08:55 PM
RacingAristo

The dude you spoke to is right. Anything you change other than Lexus/Toyota parts will break the warranty. L-tuned would be an exception. Not sure about TRD........
Old 07-14-02, 09:05 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exact Performance in Milpitas will adjust your coilovers for $45. I'm not sure if that applies for stuff they installed only. For me, well worth the $$ to avoid the aggravation.
Old 07-14-02, 09:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

is it stated in their paperwork or so that it will void the warranty?

coz' by all, no aftermarket parts can void your warranty unless it's PROVEN to be the CAUSE of whatever the defect. of course, if lexus stated in their contract with you (or something like that) then that's another story.

it doesn't worry me coz' the warranty on my car is out anyway. but on my acura (2002), i can put whatever i want on it and acura cannot void the warranty. there if your engine break they can't blame on the spring. but if your shock dies of course they can blame on the springs, etc...

here's a quote
"Mods and Warranties.
No aftermarket parts can automatically void a warranty. The part must be proven as the cause of a failure of an OEM part - then warranty service can be denied. This is part of a law called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. "

anyone?
Old 07-14-02, 09:50 PM
Synergy

Good point, rominl. I just think the dude at the dealer was being an ***. I just don't need any hassles from the dealer if I have some unforseen engine issue. I made sure to buy a certified pre-owned GS4 so I could enjoy the 100k warranty.

Does anyone know why coilovers are not "street legal" in CA? TEIN only recommends them for off-road use...why is this?

--
Old 07-14-02, 10:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Good point, rominl. I just think the dude at the dealer was being an ***. I just don't need any hassles from the dealer if I have some unforseen engine issue. I made sure to buy a certified pre-owned GS4 so I could enjoy the 100k warranty.

Does anyone know why coilovers are not "street legal" in CA? TEIN only recommends them for off-road use...why is this?

--
well don't take my word for granted though. i didn't get my car from dealer and i dont' care much about warranty coz' my car is over 4 yrs old already. but check all your paperwork or anywhere at lexus that says "even if you change out a bulb you void your warranty" blah blah blah. if they say so then they have to be VERY specific about what void warranty and what not.

for example for porsche they DO state that any performance mods will void their entire warranty (at least that's what i heard) and if you bring your car to track and they find you, your car's warranty is out....

well, if something is street legal, that means it's CARB legal and there will be a sticker on the mod with a number on it. if your car is brought in for inspection, they will look at the number, check it up, and see if that's for your car. if so you are good to go.

i think tein says it's for off road coz' it's not CARB approved (too low, etc... whatever reason). then they CANNOT advertise their stuff to be legal and they HAVE to state it's for offroad use.

just like when you buy ANY HID bulbs that are not 4100K, they say clearly it's for off road