Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Will these work?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-10, 06:09 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
when you get it im sure it will also come with instructions and a notice saying its a racing part made for off highway purposes and carries no warranty...
That is for sure and make America great. Do you think you could just make part like that for sale in Germany? Could you just cut your exhaust and drop in turbo fit for farm tractor in Germany? Nope.
We have 30 to 40 thousand people killed every year in USA, I wonder how many died because of suspension racing parts failures and lack of warranty.

Somebody buy those and post write up.
Old 08-23-10, 06:15 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

Originally Posted by turbodremz
and how is that? Yet at the bottom of your post you say you dont like knocking things before you have first hand knowledge, but you have never been near my car, worked on it, and you dont know me...check yourself there "saftey champion" that doesnt "judge books by its cover", cause thats what your doing with my car and me personally.

I was simply stating that just cause the item posted looks good, doesnt mean it is..go back and read before you start slinging personal insults and judging..read your own comment that has been underlined before you try coming up with a come back, learn your place and keep your face in the dog bowl, cause you haven't graduated to the table yet.
Where did I sling and insult? I see your proud signature about turbo conversions you make for your car. In earlier post I asked if you understand implication of overloading factory component and wandering into component design safety margins. Judging from your reaction, apparently not.

Lastly, I really do not understand that comment you have made about "dog bowl" and graduating "to the table", can you elaborate more on that? Were you just trying to be rude or point to some unknown and mystical quality you represent I should know about. LOL

Last edited by EUROJulian; 08-23-10 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-23-10, 07:00 PM
d1trainee
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Promising, Im in for the results. If it fits It might be worth taking to a welding shop and having them look it over. the Sc is a pretty heavy car as it is. Bookmaked for results.
Old 08-23-10, 11:23 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

LAVIsh's Thread

Not to get into a pissing match with you kids, but it's been proven that these are garbage. Why is it that everyone jumping into these cars now want to buy these cheap ebay parts that don't work? Do you really think that TC Sportline, a company that was around during the NOPI days of products that looked the part but didn't do anything, really put any R&D into this product? Suspension components are not an item that you should be skimping in cost on. To the OP, either make more money to afford more tires, have someone who knows what the hell they are doing align your car, or raise it back up. Do not order a product that has no business being on your car.
Old 08-24-10, 01:37 PM
d1trainee
Pole Position

All im saying is Godspeed, Magan and Mishumoto were all labled cheap knockoff parts when they first started and now people buy their stuff for a whole range of cars.... Some garage some just as good as name brand stuff. For example i know people running megan tierod ends on their SC. However I think that with suspension you need to be careful and test these before going all out with them. Just because their not Ikeya formula dosent mean they wont work.
Old 08-24-10, 02:16 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by d1trainee
All im saying is Godspeed, Magan and Mishumoto were all labled cheap knockoff parts when they first started and now people buy their stuff for a whole range of cars.... Some garage some just as good as name brand stuff. For example i know people running megan tierod ends on their SC. However I think that with suspension you need to be careful and test these before going all out with them. Just because their not Ikeya formula dosent mean they wont work.
godspeed and megan are still cheap stuff and they do sell parts for a variety of vehicles because thats how you make money by expanding your business. people buy them because they are cheap. just because people buy things doesnt mean they are good.

i dont understand why people worship ikeya formula. they dont have anything special to offer. their products are expensive, heavy, and lower control arm design goes against anything that any competent sophomore mechanical engineering student knows. putting rod ends in bending and then saying it is ok because the rod ends are strong enough to withstand the loads is absurd. if you had it inspected by any competent tech at a competitive sanctioning body event they wont let you run.
Old 08-24-10, 03:04 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
Ted Nelson, Customer: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of**** That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Old 08-24-10, 05:56 PM
d1trainee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
godspeed and megan are still cheap stuff and they do sell parts for a variety of vehicles because thats how you make money by expanding your business. people buy them because they are cheap. just because people buy things doesnt mean they are good.

i dont understand why people worship ikeya formula. they dont have anything special to offer. their products are expensive, heavy, and lower control arm design goes against anything that any competent sophomore mechanical engineering student knows. putting rod ends in bending and then saying it is ok because the rod ends are strong enough to withstand the loads is absurd. if you had it inspected by any competent tech at a competitive sanctioning body event they wont let you run.
True. My point is that yes people buy them because they are cheap, however they work. Megan coilovers and godspeed radiators work. Ikeya Formula was an example solely because they are the only ones that make arms for the SC that know of, and they cost an arm and a leg.

Last edited by d1trainee; 08-24-10 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-24-10, 07:36 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
LAVIsh's Thread

Not to get into a pissing match with you kids, but it's been proven that these are garbage. .

One look at pictures from the link you have posted should tell you that the joint in question was assembled improperly You can see that, right pop? You just testing us? Right?

Uniball joints are quite strong and used in off roading as upgrades to the traditional joints for added articulation. I would use bolt and nut configuration rather than stud and two nuts tho...