Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Will these work?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-10, 08:18 AM
bn_bnntt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will these work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97...ts_Accessories

Camber is killing my rear tires. These look like a good, inexpensive solution. I've used the search button countless times on this and other forums. I've read that they will fit and that they won't fit. I've looked at pictures and tried comparing them to the stock arms. The only difference seems to be the end links. I hope somebody here can help me out. Thank ya.
Old 08-22-10, 11:17 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldnt trust them..me personally, when it comes to parts that if they were to fail, could result in my death or someone else dying, avoid them..not to mention the sellers feedback rating isnt all that great (I dont buy from anyone with less than 99.5% +).

There are other camber kits available that have been proven, keep searching
Old 08-22-10, 11:45 AM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look well made and price is a bargain compared to stock.

Originally Posted by bn_bnntt
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97...ts_Accessories

Camber is killing my rear tires. These look like a good, inexpensive solution. I've used the search button countless times on this and other forums. I've read that they will fit and that they won't fit. I've looked at pictures and tried comparing them to the stock arms. The only difference seems to be the end links. I hope somebody here can help me out. Thank ya.
Old 08-22-10, 11:49 AM
romycha1
Lead Lap

Do the front arms (of the same brand/seller) work too?
Old 08-22-10, 11:49 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 447 Likes on 369 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by turbodremz
I wouldnt trust them..me personally, when it comes to parts that if they were to fail, could result in my death or someone else dying, avoid them..not to mention the sellers feedback rating isnt all that great (I dont buy from anyone with less than 99.5% +).

There are other camber kits available that have been proven, keep searching
I agree with turbodremz. I would look somewhere else as well.
Old 08-22-10, 03:18 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

Originally Posted by romycha1
Do the front arms (of the same brand/seller) work too?
Yep he lists front upper arms also, bet guys at supraforums have some first hand experience already. If they decent quality they look like winners
Old 08-22-10, 04:06 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

before ordering, I would post that link on Supraforums.com and see if anyone has first hand experience with them. Looks can be very deceiving, and just cause it looks good doesn't mean that after a few bumps it wont break at one of the welds and cause your car to slide into oncoming traffic cause you loose your entire front hub assembly...or worse, off of a bridge.

get feedback, do more research, dont get it just cause it looks like its good quality.
Old 08-22-10, 08:23 PM
romycha1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by EUROJulian
Yep he lists front upper arms also, bet guys at supraforums have some first hand experience already. If they decent quality they look like winners
Yes, but are the MK4 upper control arms the same as the SC's?

As far as quality.. they are TC Sportlines, I'm not too familiar with the company, but I do know they make a bunch of stuff that a lot of people buy...

EDIT: After a quick look at TS Sportline's site, they do not list any Toyota products in the Arms & Rods section. Unless their site isn't up to date, then the ones on ebay are knock-offs.... of knock-offs???
Old 08-23-10, 02:21 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

before ordering, I would post that link on Supraforums.com and see if anyone has first hand experience with them. Looks can be very deceiving, and just cause it looks good doesn't mean that after a few bumps it wont break at one of the welds and cause your car to slide into oncoming traffic cause you loose your entire front hub assembly...or worse, off of a bridge.

get feedback, do more research, don't get it just cause it looks like its good quality.
I hear you, but something doesn`t sound right. You are overloading chassis as we speak by power adders to enter into component safety margin area. You understand consequences of catastrophic failure of any drive-train components on the public road? Right?

Like with ANY aftermarket components, inspect prior to installing and research manufacturer feedback. Saying that I welcome aftermarket offerings into our cars and rather have people riding with proper wheel alignment and safe road handling than worry about potential weld crack.
Old 08-23-10, 02:30 PM
bn_bnntt
Rookie

I don't have an account on the supra forums. On my to do list. I'm cheap and impatient so I just bought the arms. I get 7 days to send them back if they don't work. I know more than enough about welding so I'll be able to spot a poor weld if there is one. They look sturdy enough for my driving. I'll letcha know how it goes. Wish me luck.
Old 08-23-10, 03:32 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

I hear you, but something doesn`t sound right. You are overloading chassis as we speak by power adders to enter into component safety margin area. You understand consequences of catastrophic failure of any drive-train components on the public road? Right?
What are you talking about? Im talking about cheaply made VITAL suspension components, and your off in left field with drive-train parts?
Old 08-23-10, 03:33 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

there was a guy on this forum that bought from adjustable arms off ebay. had one of them fail and the wheel laid over on its side in the middle of the street.

best of luck because being cheap and impatient gets you a fast ticket to the grave...

if you have experience in welding why dont you buy a set of stock lower control arms for cheap, cut out about an inch out of it and reweld it. its steel and if properly welded will be a safer alternative to a completely new engineered arm. to be honest i dont know how much actual engineering goes into these ebay products. my gut says they have a goal of making a product and go about making it to fit. no much testing goes into them. if there was they would advertise it. after all safety testing is a selling point. what kind of company wouldnt mention it. everyone that does testing talk about it. the one that dont test dont talk about it.

when you get it im sure it will also come with instructions and a notice saying its a racing part made for off highway purposes and carries no warranty.

as i said earlier...good luck
Old 08-23-10, 05:50 PM
romycha1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bn_bnntt
I don't have an account on the supra forums. On my to do list. I'm cheap and impatient so I just bought the arms. I get 7 days to send them back if they don't work. I know more than enough about welding so I'll be able to spot a poor weld if there is one. They look sturdy enough for my driving. I'll letcha know how it goes. Wish me luck.
Awesome!

If possible when you receive them, can you please take up close pictures of each side and the the welds?
Old 08-23-10, 05:57 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

What are you talking about? Im talking about cheaply made VITAL suspension components, and your off in left field with drive-train parts?
No, you were talking about safety. I pointed out that you are not necessary a safety champion yourself. I thought I made myself clear.

In addition I made unverified assumption that risk of driving improperly aligned/handling car, that many of people here drive are greater than potential weld failures.

Now, as far as parts in question go. I like caution calls, sound prudent. I do not like knocking down product without first hand knowledge. Have you seen it? Installed it? Known problems maybe? Guess not, lets people check it out then. Fair?
Old 08-23-10, 06:00 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

No, you were talking about safety. I pointed out that you are not necessary a safety champion yourself. I thought I made myself clear.

In addition I made unverified assumption that risk of driving improperly aligned/handling car, that many of people here drive are greater than potential weld failures.

Now, as far as parts in question go. I like caution calls, sound prudent. I do not like knocking down product without first hand knowledge. Have you seen it? Installed it? Known problems maybe? Guess not, lets people check it out then. Fair?
and how is that? Yet at the bottom of your post you say you dont like knocking things before you have first hand knowledge, but you have never been near my car, worked on it, and you dont know me...check yourself there "saftey champion" that doesnt "judge books by its cover", cause thats what your doing with my car and me personally.

I was simply stating that just cause the item posted looks good, doesnt mean it is..go back and read before you start slinging personal insults and judging..read your own comment that has been underlined before you try coming up with a come back, learn your place and keep your face in the dog bowl, cause you haven't graduated to the table yet.

Quick Reply: Will these work?