Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Electronic Dampening

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-10, 07:39 PM
Measured
Advanced

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Electronic Dampening

I am in the research stage of my quest for the most comfortable and yet performance minded suspension setup. Ideally, I want to have electronic dampening so that I can pick and choose how hard or soft the setup will be as I drive.

I've come across 2 options thus far. One that is active dampening during driving and the other that allows for presets.

-Tanabe Coils with TEAS
-Tein CS with EDFC

I am leaning towards the Tanabe setup because it is a completely active setup for driving. Although, Tein's setup isn't bad either since I can have the other half just push a button for "her" settings.

What I'd like to know is if anyone here currently or previously has either setup and can speak on experience. I've done some searching here and there isn't a tremendous amount of information on the electronic dampening, apart from being a mention.

I care more about the ride quality than I do about being low getting coils will be good enough for me as I prefer not to have a slammed car. My last car was performance based that had a wonderful touring setup, but wasn't a coil-overs.
Old 08-31-10, 09:06 PM
Measured
Advanced

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

That's what I do know and I appreciate your input about the active dampening. Is there anything specific you could mention about the Tanabe setup? Ride quality versus OEM in terms of comfort.