Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Eibach or Tanabe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-10, 08:31 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

You are correct, because the perch on the sc shock is designed to accept a wider spring diameter, so when you install a supra springs, since supra springs are narrow compared to sc's so it will sit on the top of the perch and not where it should be properly seated. It will actually lift your ride.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this
Old 10-03-10, 10:53 PM
Pipe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now im confused to hell with it im buying my Eibachs next week!!!
Old 10-03-10, 11:10 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

If youre buying any aftermarket springs for sc300 or sc400 you have to use your original shocks or aftermarket shocks for sc only.

If you have already supra shocks and want to use any aftermarket springs for those shocks you have to buy an aftermarket spring for a supra capish?
Old 10-03-10, 11:22 PM
lev00221
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Drop with Eibach Pro Kit for TT Supra and OEM springs on SC300

More pictures for those deciding between Tanabe and Eibach........Again, these are Supra TT Eibachs and OEM struts for Supra TT
Attached Thumbnails Eibach or Tanabe?-daylightsideview.jpg   Eibach or Tanabe?-frontwheel.jpg   Eibach or Tanabe?-rearwheel.jpg   Eibach or Tanabe?-rearangleview.jpg   Eibach or Tanabe?-imgp1547.jpg  

Old 10-04-10, 07:46 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

That's a good looking moderate drop! I bet it handles good too.
Old 10-04-10, 08:14 AM
Pipe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lev00221
More pictures for those deciding between Tanabe and Eibach........Again, these are Supra TT Eibachs and OEM struts for Supra TT
YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS SEXY!!!
Old 10-13-10, 12:40 PM
MySc4fever
Driver

I just learned a thing AND two...
Old 10-13-10, 12:53 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok guys, since I see some confusion going on in here, Ill clear it up a bit.

If you want Supra shocks or Supra springs, you must use the Supra parts. Your SC's shocks have a different perch design, position and diameter, therefore using Supra springs on your SC shocks will NOT work properly, I dont care who says what. The shocks and springs are physically different.

So bottom line, you want Supra parts, you need the springs and the shocks. Using the Supra parts will also add an additional .5'' gain on the drop, so when shopping for springs, be sure to factor that in.

As for the SC springs, I cant give any advice. But I absolutely love my Supra Eibach's, paired with KYB AGX shocks. I couldnt ask for a better drop or quality ride, and am having a hard time talking myself into getting coilovers. The adjustable KYB's make a huge difference when I need to adjust the dampening rate, and the Eibach's flow right along with them regardless of the settings.

IMPO, Supra Eibach's with a set of good shocks is the best route if your going for a S&S combo. It closes the gap on the rear fender with 17's with a 40 series tire, and reduces the gap in the front approx 1.5'' from tire to fender with a 45 series tire, but gives a slightly raked stance.
Old 10-13-10, 07:07 PM
Pipe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Ok guys, since I see some confusion going on in here, Ill clear it up a bit.

If you want Supra shocks or Supra springs, you must use the Supra parts. Your SC's shocks have a different perch design, position and diameter, therefore using Supra springs on your SC shocks will NOT work properly, I dont care who says what. The shocks and springs are physically different.

So bottom line, you want Supra parts, you need the springs and the shocks. Using the Supra parts will also add an additional .5'' gain on the drop, so when shopping for springs, be sure to factor that in.

As for the SC springs, I cant give any advice. But I absolutely love my Supra Eibach's, paired with KYB AGX shocks. I couldnt ask for a better drop or quality ride, and am having a hard time talking myself into getting coilovers. The adjustable KYB's make a huge difference when I need to adjust the dampening rate, and the Eibach's flow right along with them regardless of the settings.

IMPO, Supra Eibach's with a set of good shocks is the best route if your going for a S&S combo. It closes the gap on the rear fender with 17's with a 40 series tire, and reduces the gap in the front approx 1.5'' from tire to fender with a 45 series tire, but gives a slightly raked stance.
Thanks for that Bro!!
Old 10-14-10, 09:21 AM
1uzDreamSC
Pole Position

turbodremz the suspension go to guy
Old 10-14-10, 03:03 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Pipe
Thanks for that Bro!!
No problem

Originally Posted by 1uzDreamSC
turbodremz the suspension go to guy
hardly, but thank you. There are still suspension questions that I come across that I am lost on information. IMO, I barely know the basics, but do like to share the little I do know.
Old 10-15-10, 10:00 AM
kln552
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ISFFUN
Which spring (besides an adjustable coilover) has the least drop, something like 1" after it seats.
I just put Tanabe NF210s with Tokico blues on my '97 SC400. The drop, at least in my case, was exactly 1 inch both front and rear, which was what I was looking for. The ride is slightly firmer, but that could have also been due to my OEM front shocks having been trashed. I'm very happy with the combo. I also have an audi A4 with Eibachs, and they are great springs as well. I would guess that the Eibachs will have about the same drop, and be a bit firmer than the NF210s, which are barely stiffer than stock springs.
Old 10-15-10, 10:44 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

There have been a few members that have complained about the NF210's and them being kind of soft. The Eibachs for the SC are rated a 1'' drop (Eibach Part - 8230.140) and are progressive springs, but cannot find the exact spring rates. Only ones that anyone has found that I know of are the rates for the TT Supra pro kit, that can be found here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...g-rates-2.html
Old 10-15-10, 11:46 AM
SW2UZ
Pole Position

my current set up is TT AGX struts and Eibach pro springs while the ride is comfortable its too soft for my likes so I talked with my buddy at B&G springs and he hooked me up with a set of springs that will increase stiffness by 25%(forgot what the spring rates are) and drop the car approx 1/2 inch lower then my current set up. Once I get a chance (mon/tues) to install them I will let everyone know my thoughts on them.
Old 10-15-10, 12:17 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW2UZ
my current set up is TT AGX struts and Eibach pro springs while the ride is comfortable its too soft for my likes so I talked with my buddy at B&G springs and he hooked me up with a set of springs that will increase stiffness by 25%(forgot what the spring rates are) and drop the car approx 1/2 inch lower then my current set up. Once I get a chance (mon/tues) to install them I will let everyone know my thoughts on them.
too soft? even with the KYB's on "4" all around? I love my AGX/Eibachs, but let me know how the B&G springs turn out

Quick Reply: Eibach or Tanabe?