Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Help with suspension set-up?!?!?!?! suspension guru's out there???

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-10, 05:37 AM
hershsc400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with suspension set-up?!?!?!?! suspension guru's out there???

Ok first a little back ground. I am getting back into the lexus scene, i kept the car after almost walking away due to $$$ issues. But i didnt so i am looking to rebuild the little things wrong with the sc. SOOO with that said I love super dumped cars and i have had them in the past but is there a comprise, between super dumped and a almost factory ride? I have a little girl(2), and i dont want it to ride like crap if i have her in the car.

So i am looking at getting Tein CST's(w/edfc), redoing the LCA & UCA with supra CAs, or does anyone know of any aftermarket ones that are comparable?(besides the IKeya) I have found some of the Megan toe arms for the rear. i was also looking at the titan sway bars.

suspension guru's out there please help me out... WHAT IS YOUR OPINION

1 new/reman rack and pinion with new tie rod ends
2 tein cst w/edfc
3 front UCA & lCA, supras, or aftermarket? I perfer OEM but if aftermarket will take the "stresses of driving" better than y not.
4 sways
Old 10-10-10, 01:19 PM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hershsc400
Ok first a little back ground. I am getting back into the lexus scene, i kept the car after almost walking away due to $$$ issues. But i didnt so i am looking to rebuild the little things wrong with the sc. SOOO with that said I love super dumped cars and i have had them in the past but is there a comprise, between super dumped and a almost factory ride? I have a little girl(2), and i dont want it to ride like crap if i have her in the car.

So i am looking at getting Tein CST's(w/edfc), redoing the LCA & UCA with supra CAs, or does anyone know of any aftermarket ones that are comparable?(besides the IKeya) I have found some of the Megan toe arms for the rear. i was also looking at the titan sway bars.

suspension guru's out there please help me out... WHAT IS YOUR OPINION

1 new/reman rack and pinion with new tie rod ends
2 tein cst w/edfc
3 front UCA & lCA, supras, or aftermarket? I perfer OEM but if aftermarket will take the "stresses of driving" better than y not.
4 sways
1=lexus oem reman/ may not need tie rod ends...financial decision on your part

2=Bilstein HD AK1242/1243 + Hypercoil springs 8"fr/10"rear Best without question

3=LCA Toyota Supra TT OEM/Same part, stiffer bushings and cheaper. No down side.

4=Front you can leave stock/ Back I would upgrade to Supra TT sway/ you will also need 2 subframe mounts for the rear (they are not expensive)

Hope that helps