Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Megan ez coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-11, 12:30 AM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got it installed at Tommy at Musicbox. Had him raise the car up to 2 finger gaps all around temporarily to make it to the fender rolling shop with the wheel specs I plan to go with. Will post pics after the slammage.
Old 05-15-11, 08:59 AM
humblehype
Rookie

Someone please show me how to remove the trunk liner to access the shocks? Any diagram? Thanks.

What is wheel c/l? . Don't know much about suspension but planning on getting this coil. How much do you guys preload it? And what's the preferred dumper and height setting for daily driving?
Old 05-15-11, 10:21 AM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

For the trunk liner, all you got to do is yank that ish out starting from the bottom.

Originally Posted by humblehype
Someone please show me how to remove the trunk liner to access the shocks? Any diagram? Thanks.

What is wheel c/l? . Don't know much about suspension but planning on getting this coil. How much do you guys preload it? And what's the preferred dumper and height setting for daily driving?
Old 05-15-11, 10:39 AM
EVOIX
Driver School Candidate

I just order it. I should get it by wed. and I will install it on friday.
Old 05-15-11, 11:15 AM
humblehype
Rookie

Originally Posted by Frosty250
For the trunk liner, all you got to do is yank that ish out starting from the bottom.
I figure it out, easy than I thought
Old 05-19-11, 02:01 PM
MxChase
Driver

Originally Posted by eggwoll

its an older picture... i have it raised up half an inch right now because the car is my DD and i couldn't enter any driveways lol. don't have a current picture hahahah.
For some reason your wheels are sexier than mine... Darker or something..

Did you modify your inner fenders?? I had mine that low for about 10 miles and already rubbed a hole in both front inner fenders.
Old 05-22-11, 02:29 AM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

So the coilovers are way too soft for my set up and i learned the hard way. Anyone trying to be low with aggressive wheels should opt for a stiffer spring rate. Car will rub even on full stiff with mildly aggressive wheels.
Old 05-22-11, 10:37 AM
pli
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stevoe88
So the coilovers are way too soft for my set up and i learned the hard way. Anyone trying to be low with aggressive wheels should opt for a stiffer spring rate. Car will rub even on full stiff with mildly aggressive wheels.
shoulda rolled your fenders.

but i do agree the spring rate is soft. at the same time, it retains some of the OEM feel to it. thats a plus side to a lot of luxury car owners IMO. but at the same time, i do agree with having a stiffer spring rate at well.
Old 05-22-11, 12:10 PM
MiiK350
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are your wheel specs? How low are you?
Old 05-23-11, 01:25 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Megan EZ's are called that for a reason I think. It probably means take it EZ on these coils, they arent a racing setup, but they'll get you where you want to go in relative comfort with a lowered overall height.
Old 05-24-11, 07:38 AM
MxChase
Driver

They are for daily drivers. Not something you would want to put on a track car. Most of us don't "track" our cars anyway tho. The Street Series are a better choice if its going on something that is going to be both a DD and the occasional track car. And obviously the Track Series would be for the designated track cars.
Old 05-25-11, 11:29 PM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pli
shoulda rolled your fenders.

but i do agree the spring rate is soft. at the same time, it retains some of the OEM feel to it. thats a plus side to a lot of luxury car owners IMO. but at the same time, i do agree with having a stiffer spring rate at well.
All four of my fender's are flared. It's not rubbing on the fenders, it's hitting my bumper. I've already cut, grinded down everything I could in the front bumper but its just too soft. Now my bumper is tied on by zipties and barely holding on.

Originally Posted by MiiK350
What are your wheel specs? How low are you?
I'm slammed. 20x8.5 +30, 20x10.5 +32.

I'm just noting that for people who want to go low and wide, this isn't the coilovers to do it with. I'll probably get them revalved to a stiffer spring rate at megan sometime later if the shocks blow on me from running full stiff the entire time.
Old 05-26-11, 12:33 PM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

All four of my fender's are flared. It's not rubbing on the fenders, it's hitting my bumper. I've already cut, grinded down everything I could in the front bumper but its just too soft. Now my bumper is tied on by zipties and barely holding on.

I'm slammed. 20x8.5 +30, 20x10.5 +32.

I'm just noting that for people who want to go low and wide, this isn't the coilovers to do it with. I'll probably get them revalved to a stiffer spring rate at megan sometime later if the shocks blow on me from running full stiff the entire time.
I know how you feel about the front bumper. My driver side front of the bumper is loose now..
Old 05-26-11, 01:06 PM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Frosty250
I know how you feel about the front bumper. My driver side front of the bumper is loose now..
lol I took it to a fender rolling guy and he just drilled holes into the chassis and looped zip ties where the clips should be. I rub if i turn more than 15-20 degrees ahaha. THUG LIFE.
Old 05-26-11, 02:32 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Anyone having problems with these in terms of how long they last? I want to put them on my DD is250 AWD, but am concerned how long they will last without problems. I only plan to lower it 1-1.5 inches just to close out the gap of my wheels

Quick Reply: Megan ez coilovers?