Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

coilovers in the $1200 under range

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-10, 08:10 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

EDIT: NEH! to "jdm" for my blood.

Last edited by iridebmx; 11-16-10 at 08:14 PM.
Old 11-17-10, 08:49 AM
THMotor
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How the warranty on the PBMs? What the turn around time on a blown shock?
Old 11-17-10, 06:20 PM
d1trainee
Pole Position

Stance gr+pro's here from thmotor no regrets. Some of my boyz run PBM's on their 240s and they like them. Haven't had a problem with either yet. As far as driffin I like soft upfront and stiff outback as far as dampening. And some pre load outback.
Old 11-19-10, 03:15 PM
BigWaveSC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by THMotor
How the warranty on the PBMs? What the turn around time on a blown shock?
they just send you a new damper if yours blows out, which they have never had to do.

edit- and if you crash, they sell the replacement dampers for $100 i think.
Old 11-19-10, 07:04 PM
d1trainee
Pole Position

BOTTOM LINE.... PBM or STANCE its up too you. Megans are poop IMO.
Old 11-20-10, 10:15 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

i ordered PBM's last night!!! excited!!!

thanks to everyone for a helpful thread. it really did help me choose my new coilovers.
Old 11-24-10, 11:24 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

it only took 4 days!!!!!!!! exciting! now waiting on my sticker(s)!

anyone have a set already that i can look at and base height off of real quick? I have stock 16 rims for like 2 months and still wanna get my car low and want the coilovers on this week anyone? aha

going on this:
bone stock!!!

Last edited by iridebmx; 11-24-10 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-24-10, 11:43 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice! Tell me how they ride! I believe you should look at the 4x4 ride first and see how much you want to lower it say 2.5" once you pop off the old suspension. Line up the PBM and make PBM's lower by 2.5" than the stock suspension and match it to the other coilover and slap them on.

Don't mess with the preload. Also to adjust you do NOT need to remove the bottom bolt to adjust height just simply loosen the adjustment ring and turn the whole SHOCK body.
Old 11-24-10, 12:24 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

^thank you! I will take your advice when i install them, hopefully tomorrow, and i will have a review up 1 week after install than 1 month! i cant wait!
Old 11-24-10, 01:45 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by iridebmx
^thank you! I will take your advice when i install them, hopefully tomorrow, and i will have a review up 1 week after install than 1 month! i cant wait!
No problem. As your first coilovers and hearing that they are super stiff you will get a headache first or very annoyed then eventually you'll get use to it.
Old 11-27-10, 12:28 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

they are on! with stock wheels!

the first one took about 1 hour to figure out in the front but after that i finished in 3 hours total first try!

50 OFFSET STOCKERS!!!!!!!!

THIS IS BEFORE::::

3 more months like this and i will be buying myself some 18's.

i thought these were going to be a lot more stiff but with a 3800pound car i kinda sympathize with it. they do feel better but they are on max hard and i still feel like they are squishy, in the second pic its the front and they rub on bumps or braking turns. overall i like them for the 45mins of driving time i have on them. more reviewing needed! im sure my big fat tires come into play with the "squishyness"
Old 11-27-10, 02:36 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

car looks great def makes me want my coils NOW! but i wont put them on till i have nice wheels to back it up Nick (THMotor) im sure you will be hearing from me this tax season.
Old 11-27-10, 02:42 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

^i was going to do the same but its just a car is what i figured and i got like 60% tread on my tires no need to replace them so soon. i take back my squishy statement. i went on a more appropriate "test drive" around my surrounding neighborhoods and backroads and WOW!!!! im pretty sure i was confusing the squishy feeling with pure sex haha i love my new coilovers!!!!!! cant wait to get some appropriate wheels to match so i can get this thing looking and even handling better. maybe some tire shine for the looks for now? haha

the coilovers have great rebound for such a heavy car. i knew it wasnt going to be rock solid like my old 2,100 pound s13 but these are almost near it. also it still remains comfortable while just driving around on crappy roads (i like to bounce haha) love em love em love em!

Last edited by iridebmx; 11-27-10 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-27-10, 02:49 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iridebmx
^i was going to do the same but its just a car is what i figured and i got like 60% tread on my tires no need to replace them so soon. i take back my squishy statement. i went on a more appropriate "test drive" around my surrounding neighborhoods and backroads and WOW!!!! im pretty sure i was confusing the squishy feeling with pure sex haha i love my new coilovers!!!!!! cant wait to get some appropriate wheels to match so i can get this thing looking and even handling better. maybe some tire shine for the looks for now? haha

the coilovers have great rebound for such a heavy car. i knew it wasnt going to be rock solid like my old 2,100 pound s13 but these are almost near it. also it still remains comfortable while just driving around on crappy roads (i like to bounce haha) love em love em love em!
did you get your car aligned? and do you plan on using a camber kit with your new wheels? i know what i want in my head for my car just gotta see what others r doing haha
Old 11-27-10, 03:40 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

it didnt need an alignment from what mr. mechanic at the air force base auto hobby shop said. and i may but im not looking to go to low with my setup i like the look but i dont like tucking wheels under fenders, i like to see the tire.

18x9.5 front & rear with 15 offset (mb battles, bc im still a 240 guy at heart and like cheap wheels i can scrap and not feel like crap when it happens)... but a big fatty 275 in back and a 245 up front so they shouldnt be touched anyway

Quick Reply: coilovers in the $1200 under range