Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

coilovers in the $1200 under range

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-10, 08:43 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default coilovers in the $1200 under range

im looking to buy coilovers before i buy myself some wheels and i keep finding so many mixed reviews on the "cheaper" coilovers i am looking at. (ive searched but it seems everyone wants that soft dd feeling for their cars and i dont)

i am not going to track my sc400 nor am i going to be drifting it as its an automatic. but i do miss the stiffness of my old s13. im pretty unsure about what to buy because i know our cars weigh like 1k more than a s13 and spring rates would be effected esp by a thousand pounds.

so for the price i want something that is rather stiff over comfort, i like to bounce and hit my head on the headliner when i cross over streets or hit bumps on the highway haha. i just like the feeling of my car being stiff.

so whats the best for my price range of $1200? tein ss(i like the edfc & theres a rebuild center in GA now!), stance gr+, megan(which ones), ksport(hear bad stuff), orr powered by max.

thanks in advance to anyone who has any helpful reviews or info.

about a month or 2 after these coilovers im getting 18x9.5 all around with 15+offsets and im sure any coilover will make them look good!!! exciting!
Old 11-13-10, 08:49 AM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Part of me wants to be a smart-***, but if all you care about it stiffness, then just look at all of the choices you have under $1200 and pick the set with the highest spring rates. If you want good handling, then that's another story.
Old 11-13-10, 08:49 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

PBM or Stance. If you want stiff stiff as i hear go with PBM they are well under your budget, 1,000 pick up at SD
Old 11-13-10, 10:53 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want a super stiff setup we can do a custom kit for you with a higher rate and matched valving.

Just shoot us a PM and we can get you taken care of
Old 11-13-10, 03:28 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

i guess i will take back what i said. i want my car to handle very well but it doesnt bother me if the coilover is stiff.

its kinda like i answering my own question..... but i really dont want to waste 1200 on something im not happy with. i see a lot of people use stance maybe thats a good thing? does anyone have any track reviews of the suspension im asking about? even though i wont be tracking my car
Old 11-13-10, 04:34 PM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Meagan's are halfway to the stiffest setting and are pretty damn stiff but still allow some float for luxury. I don't have any issues with them what so ever and I know if I want to get crazy with it, all I need to do is turn the dial and I KNOW they'll be like a straight metal rod lol.
Old 11-13-10, 05:36 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

PBM's get my vote; that's a g and and get thicker sway bars
Old 11-13-10, 07:15 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

ahhh! where is PBM website?

ok now my mind is between stance, megans, & pbm... are the pbm fully adjustable? who has a pic of them on their car?
Old 11-13-10, 07:17 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i came from megans to stance and its a whole of a lot better its a lot "smoother" i guess you would say.

I'm on max stiffness on the stance and its still pretty damn smooth. Plus they got good service something broke call them got a replacement for free and asked for some decals and ***** and he threw some in.
Old 11-13-10, 07:24 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 432 Likes on 356 Posts

I have the Megan Racing Street LP Series for the Supra TT on my SC and I love them. I keep them on the middle setting and it's not too bouncy and not too stiff. I hear BCR's and Stance are really good as well.
Old 11-13-10, 07:26 PM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

i'm in the market for coils too. general consensus seems to lean toward stance or pbm. which of the two goes lower? is camber adjusted on the coilover or on the car to a point before needing a camber kit?
Old 11-13-10, 09:09 PM
BigWaveSC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iridebmx
ahhh! where is PBM website?

ok now my mind is between stance, megans, & pbm... are the pbm fully adjustable? who has a pic of them on their car?
poweredbymax.net
Old 11-13-10, 09:24 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

i think im sold on the PBM. in one day and just a few responses i made up my mind, thank you CL! anyone know how long it takes PBM to ship? i may order them tuesday. and post a before and after with my stock sc400 wheels! haha

i saw how theres was almost no body roll in this video and i was sold haha (PBM on a s13)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKywLJ7tC2Q
Old 11-13-10, 09:34 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well since i am the only guy here in america with these i would go with boyz CST- zero with the swift springs
Old 11-14-10, 07:03 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

^ haha those look nice, have they been working good for you? im not gonna get them just wondering.,

Quick Reply: coilovers in the $1200 under range