Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Megan racing EZ coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-11, 02:39 PM
Anthony85
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skirts
Ordered them today will update and with a review once installed.

Who did you order them from and for how much?
Old 02-27-11, 09:18 PM
skirts
Lead Lap

Back ordered and I can't find a set.
Old 02-28-11, 05:05 AM
CP_Ree
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by skirts
Back ordered and I can't find a set.
Good luck. I gave up a month ago.
Old 03-09-11, 01:06 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Justchill (lindy) is selling a set them if anyone is interested! Check classifieds
Old 03-14-11, 12:15 AM
rayy117
Lead Lap

How many inches can you drop with the megan racing ez coilovers? MAX
Old 03-24-11, 08:45 AM
skirts
Lead Lap

Received tracking number for coilovers today. They will be here Tuesday. I ordered from team sns, he was great to work with. I'll update as soon as they are on.
Old 03-28-11, 10:54 AM
rayy117
Lead Lap

i just picked up a set of megan racing ez coilovers because i found it for a cheap bomba$$ price, put it on, LIKE it better than the "TEIN FLEX" dont get mad at me for saying this but i seriously think tein flex is a hit or miss on a good set. Idk if it was just my car or whatnot that had problems, the tein flex was not worth the time and money. I had tein flex on for about two months, felt nice and great but it made clunking noise when i went over small cracks or bumps. It was pretty annoying and when u call tein and ask about the clunking noise they will just say put a rubber piece on top of the tophat and the chasis so it dont clunk. I tried everything i can and it was still there. Even if u search tein flex clunking noise on google, most people online such as sti's, civics, evos, 3000gts, and so on complains about clunking noise and such, so i ended up selling it. After i picked up the megan racing and put it on, I think megan racing coilover sets arent that bad for what they go for, it rides very smooth, no PROBLEMS at all, pretty stiff on the turns, lowers your car alot in the rear but not as much in the front. All in all, for the price i got the megan racing ez coilovers for, I think i got a good deal and i am VERY satisfied with it, not like the tein flex where its double, close to three times more expensive and an UNSATISFYING product. (my experience)

the way i see it, If u dont mind clunking and u are gonna go racing and stuff, get the tein flex....
if u dont want clunking, wanna take a couple turns here and there and are not going to go racing and just get a good set of coilovers for cheap and daily drive, get the megan racing.
Old 03-28-11, 01:46 PM
schef300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BartleDoo
Road racers are using Megan coil-overs and know what they are talking about? Jeeeez. COME ON. Does anyone else here see what is going on in this thread???? My first post in this thread was a simple joke. Then, lo and behold, people start trying to prove that Megan Racing coil-overs are the best...ever.......AND FOR ROAD RACING??!! I guess I should delete all of my comments and then we can have this thread stickied for its wealth of good information. Do any of you guys work for Megan? This is like a snowball rolling down Mt. Everest.

I'll be next. I know an E.R. doctor using Megan's and they are sooo good that he gets to work so fast everyday that he saves 4 more lives than he used to with his insert your preferred benchmark coil-over here.
i think this post pretty much sums up everything u need to know about this thread......i personally know a guy (my neighbor) who had tanabe sustec pros on then switched to megans within 2 weeks he hated them so much he took them out and got hks hypermaxxes. i asked him if i could buy them he flat out told me NO.They were 2 weeks ond and i offered him 600 he said i wouldent wanna give them to you....... he said save your money and get something else. this guy makes power and he told me he feels like hes on a boat under full boost.
Old 03-28-11, 11:18 PM
myfonti
Driver School Candidate

rayy117, would you recommend the megan ezs if i do occasional mountain runs?
Old 03-29-11, 09:59 AM
skirts
Lead Lap

Ray117, Do you have any pics after the install?
Old 03-29-11, 04:03 PM
rayy117
Lead Lap

pics of the drop or pics of the coilovers on? i have it on an is300
Old 03-29-11, 04:33 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by rayy117
LIKE it better than the "TEIN FLEX" dont get mad at me for saying this but i seriously think tein flex is a hit or miss on a good set.
The problem is Teins themselves. They are a hit and miss, and I'm not talking about quality control. On some cars they excel (Tein Flex in a Miata), while on other cars, the absolutely suck. Tein has always been on the JDM train and many people flock over the brand because they believe anything that comes out of Japan is good. There is a reason why Tein is seen as junk in Japan. JIC Japan went under for almost the same reason. Subpar performance for the astronomical price.

Old 03-29-11, 08:10 PM
rayy117
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSteg
The problem is Teins themselves. They are a hit and miss, and I'm not talking about quality control. On some cars they excel (Tein Flex in a Miata), while on other cars, the absolutely suck. Tein has always been on the JDM train and many people flock over the brand because they believe anything that comes out of Japan is good. There is a reason why Tein is seen as junk in Japan. JIC Japan went under for almost the same reason. Subpar performance for the astronomical price.

exactly! thats why in my book, "f*** TEINS!"
Old 03-29-11, 09:02 PM
myfonti
Driver School Candidate

So would these be ok for occasional mountain runs and parking lot drifting?
Old 03-29-11, 10:12 PM
rayy117
Lead Lap

idk because i havent done those yet... but when i took a turn the other day, it felt like the flex but when u hit bumps and stuff, the tires would move up and down into ur car more than the flex....(sorry if its a bad description) so I guess i would say it wouldnt be too bad for mountain/parkinglot drifting... Ur car might be different from the IS300 so i wouldnt be able to give u that much of a great review...

Quick Reply: Megan racing EZ coilovers