Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TEIN FLEX - have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-02, 01:34 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TEIN FLEX - have a few questions

YIPPIE, I just got my TEIN flex system from STEVE today. I will be asking a ton of questions to the guys who have them. For starters....how many clicks are you running from the stiffest setting?

TEIN says they coils are shipped with the most stiffest settings already set. You have to go counter-clockwise to get too softer settings. My question for the guys who are using the TEIN flex, what settings or how many clicks are you running from the stiffest setting going counter clockwise on both front and rear. Also, what are your results and findings after driving on them?

Second question is did anyone receive these helper springs with their order. And what do they do and where do they go? Dumb question I know.
Attached Thumbnails TEIN FLEX - have a few questions-teintypeha.jpg  
Old 08-01-02, 01:36 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

By the way, the picture seen above is not the set I received. I posted it because I wanted to show/illustrate what helper springs are. My order did not come with these so I am wondering if I should have received them or not?
Old 08-01-02, 02:17 PM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For Tein HA, the helper spring goes into the Shock first.. and there are a piece of metal plate goes between the Helper spring and the main spring..
Old 08-03-02, 05:41 AM
Guru
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You do not use helper springs on the flex system because the stroke and pre-load is adjustable. Helper springs are there for preload on the HA's which can be changed on the Flex by turning the bottom collar (not the perch) and adjusting the perch. It is far more precise and results in a better handling car along with more adjustability (probably more than most Lexus folks will ever use). This should have all been explained to you by your Tein dealer. Yes, all Tein shocks are shipped at their stiffest setting. To go softer turn **** counterclockwise (from top).

Last edited by Guru; 08-03-02 at 05:42 AM.
Old 08-03-02, 07:15 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God,

When you say "It is far more precise and results in a better handling car along with more adjustability..." Are you referrng to Flex vs. HA, Flex vs. Stock, or HA vs. Stock?

Overclocker
Old 08-03-02, 09:35 AM
Guru
Lead Lap

I'm to referring the Flex vs the HA's. The HA's are being phased out completely. They will be replaced with the Flex and/or the new SS damper eventually on all cars.
Old 08-03-02, 11:39 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

It is really too bad that they are discontinuing the HA's. The HA's are awesome and a perfect solution for the money. I know three people that just installed them on their GS's and love them. The ride is great and the price is right!
Old 08-03-02, 11:59 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

HA is great buy for the money..Synergy, mind pm me the price/location you paid for the HA?

thanks
Old 08-05-02, 10:18 AM
Guru
Lead Lap

HA's are great but the SS will be just as good for street use and cheaper. The Flex will offer a great alternative for more sporting folks who want to adjust the damper rate from inside the cockpit at the touch of a button (using the EDFC module).
Old 08-05-02, 10:34 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you could use the EDFC on the newer HAs too...

Do you know if the SS will be EDFC compatible?

Overclocker
Old 08-05-02, 09:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by gs4will
HA is great buy for the money..Synergy, mind pm me the price/location you paid for the HA?

thanks
hey will, if you wanna get good prices pm me. you are in diamond bar and it will be VERY close to you