Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tanabe Sustec NF210 ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-10, 04:02 PM
unccballa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe Sustec NF210 ??

Hi, does anyone have any info/experience with these springs? I have an 07 is350 and I'm debating if i should do a minimal drop or just keep it stock. My main reason for lowering is for appearance, so I do not want to sacrifice the stock ride feeling, and coils are out of the picture...I did not find anything from searching, so any help or info would be greatly appreciated...thanks
Old 12-14-10, 04:29 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just go with the fsport springs and fsport shocks
Old 12-14-10, 06:32 PM
unccballa
Driver School Candidate

Is that what you ended up doing? If so, any pros & cons?
Old 12-15-10, 09:12 AM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

I'm still undecided if I should go with springs or coils. Springs won't give you an even drop on an AWD which is what I have. But if I had a 350 and was looking for a minimal drop I'd go with the fsport springs and shocks. They are specifically designed for the car. Don't forget to buy the shocks either. They are a main part in a suspension and you'll need them to keep your ride comfort on the shorter spring
Old 12-21-10, 04:55 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Anybody actually have these springs on their IS250/IS350 that can report in with actual results?
Old 12-22-10, 12:15 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by okthxbai
i had them for a while but then moved on to coilovers. They were a smooth riding springs. Perfect for daily driving.The drop could've been a little more but then i think it would've wore out the stock struts faster
Thanks for posting some real feedback based on actual ownership experience.

The speculation about stock struts wearing faster doesn't mean anything, especially since the car doesn't have struts.
Old 12-22-10, 02:12 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Thanks for posting some real feedback based on actual ownership experience.

The speculation about stock struts wearing faster doesn't mean anything, especially since the car doesn't have struts.
Anyone will tell you that if you use lowering springs you should use a performance shock/strut set up. Sure you can use a lowering spring on an OEM but they arent designed for it. The ride wont be a good as a performance shock/strut.
Old 12-22-10, 10:22 PM
primitive
Driver School Candidate

is that site more-japan legit??
Old 12-22-10, 11:07 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

I've been riding on NF210 for almost two years now. Comfort is as good as stock. Huge improvement in body roll compared to stock. No clunk noise or rubbing issues. The only regret I have with the NF210 is, its not a even drop. The front is a tad bit higher than rear HOWEVER, you dont need to worry about speed bumps or driveways. Its also perfect for the horrible winter here in Canada.

You can check out my thread (on my sig) to get a better idea on the drop. You must understand though, I have an AWD so the drop is a big difference. However comfort and handling will be the same. I would recommend this spring if you don't mind front a tad bit higher.

Originally Posted by flektone
I'm still undecided if I should go with springs or coils. Springs won't give you an even drop on an AWD which is what I have. But if I had a 350 and was looking for a minimal drop I'd go with the fsport springs and shocks. They are specifically designed for the car. Don't forget to buy the shocks either. They are a main part in a suspension and you'll need them to keep your ride comfort on the shorter spring
Tanabe NF210 springs are actually the same drop on a RWD 350/250. The front is a tad bit higher too. It was the design of the spring.

Last edited by J250; 12-22-10 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-23-10, 10:14 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by okthxbai
you know what I mean... shock/strut
Yes, we might as well get it right, to avoid spreading internet hearsay. And the shock wear thing wasn't based on a long ownership experience obviously.