Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Best brakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-11, 07:49 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
Gotta pay to play man. Good pads costs!
haha true dat!

I prolly might look into those Carbotech pads... after my Endless TT Pads are shot.
Old 02-02-11, 08:50 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by kene
Just a question to you guys(just trying get an idea of what the GS members think on this)...

If considering BBK, would 800-900$ for a front set of ISF 14.2" rotors and corvette Zo-6 calipers, pads and special mounting bracket be considered overkill and too expensive in your eyes?
have you EVEN finished them yet?

some of us are waiting on you to finish them and update this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...-question.html
Old 02-02-11, 05:56 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
I did my research on Brakemotive and have heard nothing but good things about them on the GS forums, so I don't know. Just about everyone that has ever had rotors from them have said they had no problems whatsoever.
I'm not sure what kind of drivers are on the Brakemotive forums but I can tell you that I've seen lot of top winning race teams use DBA rotors. They are used widely on the australian V8 supercar series along with many of the top redline Time Attack teams with proven results so I know that they work well. I've also had them in the past already and they hold up very well.
Old 02-02-11, 06:17 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,251 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKG3
I know this is a question probably asked a million times over.

My brakes are due for replacement and would like to know what brand have had the best results among CL members. My GS300 is stock.

I am really considering going with OEM replacements; Since these are the brakes money is not an a problem. So I will go with what ever is best.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks
OP, if you have a stock car and drive on the street normally most of the time (not like a madman) all of this stuff IMO is total overkill for you. OEM pads and rotors will work for you just fine and will likely give you less problems and less cleaning required (brake dust) in the long run than high performance upgrades.
Old 02-02-11, 06:49 PM
CPMD
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just installed OEM pads and rotors on the front...I love it, the car stops like new again, and that brake steering wheel shimmy that was there before d/t the warped rotors is finally gone!
Old 02-03-11, 07:18 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
I'm not sure what kind of drivers are on the Brakemotive forums but I can tell you that I've seen lot of top winning race teams use DBA rotors. They are used widely on the australian V8 supercar series along with many of the top redline Time Attack teams with proven results so I know that they work well. I've also had them in the past already and they hold up very well.
No no no I meant these people are on GS forums. There was a thread asking about brakemotive and if they're good quality stuff and just about every reply was an A+ review. These are normal DD driving people of course. Not racers.
Old 02-03-11, 08:16 AM
denIS200
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have buy some Brembo front and rear rotors (looks like OEM) and Hawk HPS brake pads.

Waiting for mounting.

Denis.
Old 02-03-11, 09:17 AM
LexFather

There is no best brakes. If you decide to upgrade you will need wheels/tires since bigger brakes will not clear the stock wheels. That is something to think about.

Some people think the first logical step it to Supra TT brakes. Others go with an aftermarket Brembo/Stoptec/Rotara etc system.

For the most part they will not reduce stopping power. The 2GS at the time had some of the best braking distances around. What they will do is help with fade if you do a lot of high speed braking.

Before you go that route, make sure your rotors are surfaced, get some better pads (EBC is what a lot use), get better brake fluid and make sure all the old fluid is out the system.
Old 02-06-11, 08:27 PM
miaristo
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
There is no best brakes. If you decide to upgrade you will need wheels/tires since bigger brakes will not clear the stock wheels. That is something to think about.

Some people think the first logical step it to Supra TT brakes. Others go with an aftermarket Brembo/Stoptec/Rotara etc system.

For the most part they will not reduce stopping power. The 2GS at the time had some of the best braking distances around. What they will do is help with fade if you do a lot of high speed braking.

Before you go that route, make sure your rotors are surfaced, get some better pads (EBC is what a lot use), get better brake fluid and make sure all the old fluid is out the system.
Could not of said it any better.