Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Just got Eibachi Springs... I need struts...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-11, 02:21 PM
ultimate
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got Eibachi Springs... I need struts...

I just purchased a whole set of Eibachi springs off a random guy I have seen walking and offered them to me for $70. I jumped on the deal and was recently looking online for struts, I could only find KYB struts, can anyone recommend some very good high performance struts for my sc400???

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Im going to sandblast them in my shop and get it powdered coated in blue, baking the springs at the lowest temp possible, (I heard baking makes the springs lose its temper, UV is the best way to bake powder coating on springs, too bad we dont have UV)
Old 01-30-11, 07:06 PM
soar2sky
Driver School Candidate

Kyb is actually pretty good
Old 01-30-11, 09:18 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tokico blue i would bundle those with the strurt and sell them and then buy coils
Old 01-31-11, 07:16 PM
ultimate
Rookie

What about the Koni yellows from the supra? Is there a better combo with the eibachi springs? What year supra kony yellows fit the sc?
Old 01-31-11, 07:24 PM
Bl0b
Driver School Candidate

On my old SC I had eibach pro's with OEM supra mk4 TT shocks. It dropped the car about 2" all around and rode absolutely amazing. You can find some cheap on the supra forum, I picked mine up for $200+shipping
Old 01-31-11, 07:51 PM
ultimate
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bl0b
On my old SC I had eibach pro's with OEM supra mk4 TT shocks. It dropped the car about 2" all around and rode absolutely amazing. You can find some cheap on the supra forum, I picked mine up for $200+shipping
Are OEM Supra MK4 TT shocks basically koni struts? or better?
Old 01-31-11, 08:25 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

thats what i got.... it does handle pretty good and about as low as its getting without coils.., any good affordable struts out there i can replace my stock mk4 shocks with? thanks
Old 01-31-11, 08:42 PM
Bl0b
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ultimate
Are OEM Supra MK4 TT shocks basically koni struts? or better?
I'm honestly not sure who makes them. I'm sure someone else can answer that question.

Originally Posted by willhickey
thats what i got.... it does handle pretty good and about as low as its getting without coils.., any good affordable struts out there i can replace my stock mk4 shocks with? thanks
KYB AGX's, Tokico HP, Illuminas...there are several. Don't go cheap, get a new set of MK4's if worst comes to worst.
Old 01-31-11, 08:49 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im going to stop the garbage now before confusion sets in.

First off, what are the springs for? MK4 Supra or SC? If they are for an SC, Supra shocks are out of the equation, and if they are for an Supra, SC shocks are out..

You guys (noobs) need to know what the springs are for before suggesting suspension parts, THEY ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE!!

IF the springs are from a Supra, KYB AGX, those are the shocks I have with my Eibachs, and its hard for me to go to coilovers cause I like the setup so much.

If they are for an SC, Tokico hands-down. Several members here have Tokico's with springs and love the out come.

Do your research first though, and find out what the shocks are for before you waste your money.
Old 01-31-11, 09:06 PM
Bl0b
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Im going to stop the garbage now before confusion sets in.

First off, what are the springs for? MK4 Supra or SC? If they are for an SC, Supra shocks are out of the equation, and if they are for an Supra, SC shocks are out..

You guys (noobs) need to know what the springs are for before suggesting suspension parts, THEY ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE!!

IF the springs are from a Supra, KYB AGX, those are the shocks I have with my Eibachs, and its hard for me to go to coilovers cause I like the setup so much.

If they are for an SC, Tokico hands-down. Several members here have Tokico's with springs and love the out come.

Do your research first though, and find out what the shocks are for before you waste your money.
How are they not interchangeable? They are direct bolt on's, and there are many people who are on Supra MK4 struts. Including myself. There's no need to call me a noob, I have owned 3 SC's and know them as well as anybody else.

EDIT: Sorry, I see what you're saying now. I was under the impression that the springs that he picked up were from a Supra since he said he was looking at Koni's... No, you wouldn't be able to use the SC springs on a Supra TT shock. You'll have to find an SC shock. I agree with Tokico shocks in that regard. KYB makes a GR-2 for the SC, but I wouldn't recommend coupling them with lowering springs.

Last edited by Bl0b; 01-31-11 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-31-11, 09:21 PM
Bl0b
Driver School Candidate

There should be a part number on the spring itself, 8234.140 would be a Supra spring and 8240.140 would be an SC spring. Figure that out before you start shopping around for shocks.

Last edited by Bl0b; 01-31-11 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-31-11, 11:19 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^Your right, I should have clarified a bit more on the "non-compatible" description..and the "noob" wasnt directed towards a single person.