Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

L-Tuned Install at Lexus of Glendale

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-02, 03:59 AM
MarkMacGS4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question L-Tuned Install at Lexus of Glendale

So I'm getting the shocks/springs/ECU installed this week in Glendale, CA. I drove down to LA for business this week and since Glendale is the closest to my hotel I chose to get them installed there. Beverly Hills Lex is just a little too far away.

(Can't wait till next week to get them installed, my 19" SSR GT3s are waiting for me at home!!) Should be a nice break-in period driving back to the Bay on I-5.

Anyone have any input on this dealer? The Service Receptionist had no problem scheduling the install and quoted a "very" good hourly labor rate. 2 hours with a loaner car included.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Peace,
Mark Mac
Old 08-19-02, 08:21 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

I don't know about the dealer, but that's a great deal. My dealer charged a total of 8hrs for shocks/springs @ $75/hr. But they are the only dealer in this state, so I got it in the shorts..............
Old 08-19-02, 01:46 PM
MarkMacGS4
Pole Position

8 Hours?!? If it takes professional mechanics 8 hours to swap out springs and shocks they should be fired IMO. I did this swapout a couple of years ago on a Maxima and it took about 8 hours while working our way through a 12-pack and a pack of Newports.

Peace
Old 08-19-02, 05:03 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Well, the reality is, it doesn't. But this particular dealer is one of those who has discovered (quite a while back) that he can get away with it in the service department; caters to a, for the most part, fairly well off clientele who just eat up all the extra recommended service!!! Even went to the trouble several years ago to print up a seperate "recommended" schedule of maintainence that went beyond even the factory's rough duty schedule. This little piece of work was included in the owner's packet with every new car sold.

Remember, these techs are being paid by the hour, not by their service numbers.

I certainly wasn't thrilled by it but this is the only dealer within 3 hours. At least the the install is warrantied by the dealer.
Old 08-19-02, 06:10 PM
MarkMacGS4
Pole Position

I guess they have you by the cajones if they are the only dealer in the whole state. The dealers out here have more competition of course so I'm guessing that keeps the price down. Although the cost of living keeps everything pretty much equal with the rest of the US.

So does anyone have anything to say about Lexus of Glendale? My baby goes "under the knife" in a couple of days.

Peace
Old 08-19-02, 10:46 PM
duster
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They did the install for me and overall took good care of me. They have beem servicing my car for a number of years now.

I consider myself kinda picky about my car. It's been in there a number of times for regular service, rattles, and the suspension upgrade.

First of all let me say that there is a new management team that has done an excellent job. I posted on this forum a while ago that I think they have made major improvements.

OK, about the suspension install.....Ask them to be very careful with your car while it is in their possession. They scraped up the bumper one time and actually clipped the front end another time. Both times they took care of me without me complaining too much.
The only problem I've had with the suspension was that a bolt came loose in the rear several months after the install. They again took care of me and fixed the problem.

Hope this helps. I'm sure you will love the way the car handles.
Old 08-20-02, 03:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well in general i would never suggest you going to a dealer for installing aftermarket parts..... they usually don't know what they are doing at all.....

anyway, if you are in north cal, i would say go to john of exact motorsports in milpitas, several guys from here can vouch for that

if you are in south cali, i would say go to impex motorsports in san gabriel.

i think john charges 200 bucks for the install and impex charges 100 bucks (LA is always much better). it's a 2 hrs job at most. if it takes anything more than that, it's BS
Old 08-20-02, 03:51 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark,

on the suspension install, i would highly recommend you get them done close by your residence, ncal...on few rare occsaions, few cl guys have noise came from the springs not sitting properly...and you do not want to go back home and had to spend more $$ to detect the problem....

lex glendale received mixed reviews from us LA guys..if you got to have them done at a dealer here in LA, go to LONGO, ~20 minutes from glendale, and ask for VERONNE( and have Ted work on your car), he takes care many CL guys rides....plus, get this, Longo/Penske just bought Stevens Creek Lexus, so should anything goes wrong, you can just go to the "sister store, stevens creek lexus" for service...

personally, i think having springs and shocks done at lex dealer is quite expensive,...but that is the only way to retain warranty..as rominal said, impex here in LA is good too..i had mine doen at SP, great price and good service..
Old 08-20-02, 03:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

hey gs4will, where is SP? always good to know more stores. what have you got done over there?

so longo HAS bought stevens creek lexus?! damn, can you guys get someone over at stevens creek that's as good as veronne? that way i don't have to travel all the way to LA every time for service, though if you say veronne is still the best i would still go down met him this past weekend and he's awesome!

Originally posted by gs4will
Mark,

on the suspension install, i would highly recommend you get them done close by your residence, ncal...on few rare occsaions, few cl guys have noise came from the springs not sitting properly...and you do not want to go back home and had to spend more $$ to detect the problem....

lex glendale received mixed reviews from us LA guys..if you got to have them done at a dealer here in LA, go to LONGO, ~20 minutes from glendale, and ask for VERONNE( and have Ted work on your car), he takes care many CL guys rides....plus, get this, Longo/Penske just bought Stevens Creek Lexus, so should anything goes wrong, you can just go to the "sister store, stevens creek lexus" for service...

personally, i think having springs and shocks done at lex dealer is quite expensive,...but that is the only way to retain warranty..as rominal said, impex here in LA is good too..i had mine doen at SP, great price and good service..
Old 08-20-02, 04:11 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

romi..

hehehe, V thinks that you are crazy too having the ride serviced down here in LA from ncal..:eek: oh, well, guees you come down often enough to have the car serviced at longo, just planned it right and you will get a loaner too..def let me know next time when you come down and i will invite few local "chapter guys" for get together...

SP Engineering is in Hacienda hts, ~15 min from impex...SP has many moddded cars that were featured in many mags....usually they do not install parts that were not purchased from them..but they made an exception for me and that was coollll ..they install springs and shocks for me last yr....and refer me to this good align shop afterwards
Old 08-20-02, 12:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by gs4will
romi..

hehehe, V thinks that you are crazy too having the ride serviced down here in LA from ncal..:eek: oh, well, guees you come down often enough to have the car serviced at longo, just planned it right and you will get a loaner too..def let me know next time when you come down and i will invite few local "chapter guys" for get together...

SP Engineering is in Hacienda hts, ~15 min from impex...SP has many moddded cars that were featured in many mags....usually they do not install parts that were not purchased from them..but they made an exception for me and that was coollll ..they install springs and shocks for me last yr....and refer me to this good align shop afterwards
haha..... it's no fun at all. actually i usually don't come down to LA more than 6 or 7 times a yr, and usually just drive 3 or 4 times. but these two weeks were different coz' of the HA install and wedding (argh). but he's a really cool guy. hey since i show so much support for V, why doesn't he give me some special discount?

man, next time i come down to LA i definitely need to check out SP. definitely need to meet up with you guys