Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS350 Brake Calipers

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-11 | 05:54 PM
amiehe
Driver School Candidate

Default IS350 Brake Calipers

Does anyone know who makes the brake calipers for the IS350? Has anyone put the Stop Tech decal on their painted calipers?
Old 03-08-11 | 07:20 PM
uz07lex
Lexus Test Driver

Dont quote my spelling but Advonics makes it. I think its stamped on the caliper. The members normally put CL or lexus or clublexus on the caliper.
Old 03-08-11 | 11:58 PM
Coconut
Racer

Advics makes the stock IS350 calipers. Please don't put "Stoptech" decals on your calipers, thats poser status... Be proud, put "Lexus" on it.
Old 03-09-11 | 05:37 AM
nonopr01
Pole Position

Let him put what ever he wants on his brakes. Jesus!!!
Old 03-09-11 | 05:52 AM
509IS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nonopr01
Let him put what ever he wants on his brakes. Jesus!!!
^^^^^^^ lmao
Old 03-09-11 | 07:26 AM
amiehe
Driver School Candidate

I thought that Stop Tech made them, but I was mistaken. They make the F-Sport Big Brakes.
Old 03-29-11 | 08:14 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

How do the 350 calipers compare in performance to the 250 calipers. My 250 AWD is ready for brakes and I was thinking of switching if it's worth the money.

My thoughts now are
DBA9000 Rotors (slotted)
Hawk HPS, EBC green/red or low dust toyota pads
(any thoughts on lowest dust pad of my options???)
S.S. lines
Motul fluid

Or

IS350 Calipers
DBA9000 Rotors (slotted)
Hawk, EBC or low dust toyota pads
S.S. lines
Motul fluid

I'm going with 19" Advan RG wheels this year and I thought the bigger calipers would look nice with the "Lexus" painted on them. At the same time I don't want to throw money away on a sensless upgrade.
Old 03-29-11 | 10:40 AM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Originally Posted by RCB
How do the 350 calipers compare in performance to the 250 calipers. My 250 AWD is ready for brakes and I was thinking of switching if it's worth the money.

My thoughts now are
DBA9000 Rotors (slotted)
Hawk HPS, EBC green/red or low dust toyota pads
(any thoughts on lowest dust pad of my options???)
S.S. lines
Motul fluid

Or

IS350 Calipers
DBA9000 Rotors (slotted)
Hawk, EBC or low dust toyota pads
S.S. lines
Motul fluid

I'm going with 19" Advan RG wheels this year and I thought the bigger calipers would look nice with the "Lexus" painted on them. At the same time I don't want to throw money away on a sensless upgrade.

Get the 350 brakes with stainless steel lines....it's worth every penny. I did this on my 250 with Stoptech vented and slotted rotors, Stoptech SS lines and OEM Lexus Pads and the 350 Calipers....no matter how many times the guys on this forum tell you that it's just for looks or your tires are more important...that may be true...but the brake feel and response is 100% better and you will not regret this mod. There are plenty of aimless mods to do...this is not one of them.
Old 04-02-11 | 07:50 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Pjjames1, thanks for the reply.
I have found a set of used calipers for $150 plus shipping. I think that is a small price to pay for better braking and the look behind my wheels. I'm going to sent them right off to get powdercoated with the "L" and Lexus and order my pads, rotors and lines.
Can anyone direct me to the stencils I need?
Old 04-05-11 | 05:16 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pjjames1
Get the 350 brakes with stainless steel lines....it's worth every penny. I did this on my 250 with Stoptech vented and slotted rotors, Stoptech SS lines and OEM Lexus Pads and the 350 Calipers....no matter how many times the guys on this forum tell you that it's just for looks or your tires are more important...that may be true...but the brake feel and response is 100% better and you will not regret this mod. There are plenty of aimless mods to do...this is not one of them.
The "feel" might indeed be better.

But the actual braking will stop the car in exactly the same distance as the OEM parts did.

If you want a shorter stopping distance you need to upgrade the part that actually stops the car- the tires.
Old 04-05-11 | 08:49 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

The tires are already being upgraded. I am going to 19' Rays or Advan wheels. I figure at the very least the 350 calipers will look much nicer behind my wheels.
Not to mention I need new pads and rotors as it is.
Old 04-08-11 | 09:38 AM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe for a one off stop the brakes wont make a huge difference. But under aggresive driving conditions, and multiple high speed braking situations the IS350 brakes will be an improvement.
Old 04-08-11 | 10:55 AM
cadfael_te
Rookie

Originally Posted by Coconut
Advics makes the stock IS350 calipers. Please don't put "Stoptech" decals on your calipers, thats poser status... Be proud, put "Lexus" on it.
Be BOLD! Put 'YUGO' on them.
Old 04-08-11 | 11:47 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kyoso23
Maybe for a one off stop the brakes wont make a huge difference.
they will make no difference as far as how short the car stops.

And that's the only kind of hard braking one normally does on the street too (the traditional 'panic stop' from speed).

Originally Posted by kyoso23
But under aggresive driving conditions, and multiple high speed braking situations the IS350 brakes will be an improvement.

Yes, under race track use there will be several ways in which brake upgrades can improve the car.

None of them are "shorter stopping distance" even then of course, but they can include greater fade resistance, better thermal management, better wear under stress, etc... All things that have no relevance in normal street use but can certainly matter on a race track.
Old 04-08-11 | 04:25 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

KURTZ for 60-0 type braking your C.O.F., Mu, rolling resistance thoughts works but it is not all that matters when braking.
What about less pedal effort to get the same clapping force, what if you want to brush off speed (not come to a stop)from 120mph if you see a cop or an animal in the road? How about increasing rotor size and surface are to change braking torque??? And yes brake fade is also a factor.
I feel like your taking a certain angle to look at braking and not thinking about some of the other factors.

Quick Reply: IS350 Brake Calipers