Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

LS brakes polished?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-11, 08:04 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

thanks for the pics/info
im gonna call my wheel place and see if they can do polishing for my calipers
Old 03-24-11, 11:08 PM
miaristo
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny my brother and I were just talking about this today. If it's not raining to bad this weekend were thiningk of polishing them. Thanks for the pictures guys
Old 03-25-11, 07:17 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by boosted86
I don't think its faking the funk, when its not like you're replacing OEM calipers with Made in China BBKs, I consider that faking the funk.
someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee....China has its hands in everything these days...EVERYTHING. Just cause its made in China doesn't mean its junk. Lots of the "JDM" bbks are made in China...some at the same factory!
Old 03-25-11, 07:29 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

made in China BBK's in action...

Old 03-25-11, 05:01 PM
boostedGS
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee....China has its hands in everything these days...EVERYTHING. Just cause its made in China doesn't mean its junk. Lots of the "JDM" bbks are made in China...some at the same factory!
What Japanese companies are making BBK, and other parts in China? Please let me know. "Lots" isn't "everything". Example, Trust/GREX Alcons were ALL made in Japan. Big companies thats been in the industry for awhile spend lots $$$$ on R&D, testing on track condition, etc,. unlike Made in China companies. These Japanese companies innovate & renovate parts, NOT imitate & duplicate in the most cost effective way.

I agree with Rock-A-Lex, Supra TT brakes are just as good some smaller BBKs they have out.

I got TT Brakes because they are the most bang for the buck. Its not faking the funk, like you say.
Old 03-25-11, 05:13 PM
gsjason300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think 85% of japanese parts are made in china... if not parts of the items are made in china for example most coilovers...
Old 03-25-11, 06:45 PM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Made in china or not, if it looks good and performs good, I'm all good.

Btw polish ls400 calipers looks awesome.
Old 03-25-11, 07:53 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gsjason300
i think 85% of japanese parts are made in china... if not parts of the items are made in china for example most coilovers...
This....and Greddy, Alcon, and Endless are all made in japan...you do know there's a lot more bbk companies in Japan don't you? Session, 326 power, jobdesign, kbreak, tdemand, crystal, kamikaze, wald, toms, ricercato, kranze, junction produce, and many many more...do you think they all manufacture their parts in Japan? Just because they are not here in the states, and you've never heard of them doesn't mean they haven't been tracked and tested...yes, some of their parts may be manufactured in Japan, but not all. A close friend from one of the first three companies in green told me that a manufacture in China is actually quite impressive and their billet manufacturing is very clean and they make calipers and other parts for some of the above named companies. I'm not going to call out the companies, but I promise you, not all are made in Japan.

and what I meant by EVERYTHING is that China has their hands in a lot of stuff...bolts, rubber bushings, washer, pistons, brake pads, etc...

Last edited by speedaddic; 03-25-11 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-25-11, 08:07 PM
AshburnM3
Pole Position

i didnt know this is a "made in China" thread?...
Old 03-25-11, 08:11 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

nothing wrong with china, a well made product is a well made product no matter where its made, china, russia, canada,taiwan,korea...serously some people need to get a break with their "made in japan, i spend $150 on an airfreshner thats shaped like a bear...but hey its has junction produce written on so its worth it"
Old 03-25-11, 08:23 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AshburnM3
i didnt know this is a "made in China" thread?...
no but it did turn out to be one...sorry for off topic. I believe Mr. Executiv polished out his LS brakes too but then switched to Futuras.
Old 03-26-11, 10:37 AM
gsjason300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by speedaddic
This....and Greddy, Alcon, and Endless are all made in japan...you do know there's a lot more bbk companies in Japan don't you? Session, 326 power, jobdesign, kbreak, tdemand, crystal, kamikaze, wald, toms, ricercato, kranze, junction produce, and many many more...do you think they all manufacture their parts in Japan? Just because they are not here in the states, and you've never heard of them doesn't mean they haven't been tracked and tested...yes, some of their parts may be manufactured in Japan, but not all. A close friend from one of the first three companies in green told me that a manufacture in China is actually quite impressive and their billet manufacturing is very clean and they make calipers and other parts for some of the above named companies. I'm not going to call out the companies, but I promise you, not all are made in Japan.

and what I meant by EVERYTHING is that China has their hands in a lot of stuff...bolts, rubber bushings, washer, pistons, brake pads, etc...
thats what i meant, incase u misunderstood... dunno if u thought i was bashing ur post or just implying... i really dont care bout no jdm cdm bs LOL aslong as it dont fail on me im game... i rock junk *** megan coils i aint no brand *****.
Old 03-26-11, 01:55 PM
entryspeed
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back to the OP original subject, try polishing them yourself if you have the will save some dough before padding someone else's wallet with your dough. GL
Old 03-26-11, 04:58 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

if you have time, its easy to do yourself and you'll take more pride in it cause its yours.
Old 03-27-11, 12:30 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Looks great!!! Go for it!!

Quick Reply: LS brakes polished?