Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Should I Put My New F-Sport Springs On Or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-11, 03:53 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I Put My New F-Sport Springs On Or Not?

Just got my F-Sport springs from Sewell and can't decide whether or not I want to put them on or not. After doing a ton of re-reading...I actually disagree with everyone who says the springs work BETTER with the shocks. I had both on my 09 IS250...Springs first on the stock shocks, then the combination of both and I felt so the ride changed drastically when I put the shocks on...in a bad way. It definitely helped body roll, braking and the feel but it was sooooooo harsh and rough. I didn't mind it but after a while it got to be too much. I don't remember though how it was with just the springs and sways...I don't remember it bothering me as much and now I read that everyone who gets just the springs hates it. I want to eliminate body roll on the 350 as much as I can without getting the shocks and running in to a major ride quality problem like I had last time. And obviously I want to get rid of the wheel gap...it is just awful. I had a guy who's putting them on tomorrow for really cheap but i'd like to hear some thoughts.
Old 04-07-11, 05:50 PM
TX1911fan
Driver School Candidate

Do it. I love mine. Stock shocks, Fsport springs.
Old 04-07-11, 06:00 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

so sounds like you did not like F-Sport spring on stock shock, and F-Sport spring/shock combo on your 09, but you still get just the F-Sport spring for your 11. And sounds like you know the the pros and cons, not sure why you still have the question in mind
Old 04-07-11, 06:03 PM
cloo7
Pole Position

How much are you guys paying to get the spring installed?... dealership quotes?

... cause I'm thinking about getting H&R spring for my awd and call it a day.
Old 04-07-11, 06:40 PM
Lexitegra
Lexus Test Driver

I'm currently on FSport springs and stock shocks and have both sway bars. This set up is only slightly rougher than stock and I don't mind it at all. I don't know what the ride difference is like with both F Sport shocks and springs but hope it isn't as bad as you say because my shocks are going in in the next couple of weeks.
Old 04-07-11, 06:58 PM
wilwilB
Driver

F-Sport is probably one of the most comfy one along with Eibach for springs. I have the H&R and I gotta tell you at first I thought it was close to stock, but now that I've had it for sometime now I can feel every single potholes/bumps on the road, even the tiniest ones. But I like how the car looks so I decided to keep it like that. Gotta give up something for better looks. I say do it I don't think F-Sport are that bad in terms of ride quality and it will look much better for sure.
Old 04-07-11, 07:22 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It should be better than stock shock for sure. post your feedback once you have it installed.

Originally Posted by Lexitegra
I'm currently on FSport springs and stock shocks and have both sway bars. This set up is only slightly rougher than stock and I don't mind it at all. I don't know what the ride difference is like with both F Sport shocks and springs but hope it isn't as bad as you say because my shocks are going in in the next couple of weeks.
Old 04-07-11, 07:54 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nah u should sell em to me
Old 04-07-11, 08:08 PM
Lexitegra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by quang
It should be better than stock shock for sure. post your feedback once you have it installed.
Will do once I get them installed. I've got that blasted fuel sensor and pedal entrapment recall work to get done this weekend .

I expect a firmer ride, but not uncomfortably so. I'll see I guess.
Old 04-07-11, 09:05 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

I'm on F-springs with stock shocks and the ride got slightly stiffer after. But after a year, it's now at where it was before the installation. Very happy with the look and feel. Can take most driveways without worry.
Old 04-07-11, 10:17 PM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You've already experienced it and stated that you didn't like it, why do it again?
Old 04-07-11, 10:32 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just do it all over again! Do you care how much lower you go? Does it have to be F Sport? You can buy another spring brand to go lower.
Old 04-07-11, 11:04 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

As I remember...I don't that well...I didn't really have an issue with the stock shock and f-sport sport setup...but the f-sport shocks drove me nuts. The performance of them was great but the ride wasn't. I appreciate the input advice from the people that offered it. I'm gonna go ahead and put them on tomorrow...the car needs a drop and I really want to try and match the suspension performance to that of the engines performance. I'll post my thought after driving it tomorrow afternoon.
Old 04-08-11, 04:12 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

ive seen a 2011 f-sport dropped on f-sport springs, looked pretty good, the owner told me it drove great too.
Old 04-08-11, 06:05 AM
kraven9
Lead Lap

One thing you have to remember once you modify your cars suspension, you HAVE to expect the difference in overall driving. They both have pro's and con's as you stated. You should probably look into coilovers because at least they have dampening to adjust the ride feel.

Quick Reply: Should I Put My New F-Sport Springs On Or Not?