Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Entire Front End Rebuilt

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-11, 01:34 AM
RockRash
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-23-11, 01:36 AM
RockRash
Pole Position

any chance that the diffrence between mine and his new ones could cause the train like noise. just trying to keep narrowing things down till i can get outside and tear into it.
Old 05-23-11, 07:41 AM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

What differences do you speak of? That's actually my car

I know this sounds horrible to do, but you need to take a LIGHT degreasing solution (simple green, mix it 50/50) and spray EVERYTHING down.

Grab a cheap set of Microfiber clothes and start working on cleaning everything up (while being gentle on the boots of sway bar end links, UCA, LCA, etc).
Old 05-23-11, 07:57 AM
RockRash
Pole Position

already one it. i know but your new bushing make my old ones look like their not there . anyways i took off the caliper bolts after it went clank while backing up . apprently my upper caliper bolt took a dump and went flying out of it's hole. the threads aren't stripped. so i checked the wheel hub for play nothing now no play at all. so now i gotta go find a bolt. so now im thinking that maybe the caliper was causing all this problem just doesn't make any sense at all. checked the driver side and there's no play in it.

i swear i wasn't having to take radiation treatments and i had my full strength and everything back i woulda done had this solved.
Old 05-23-11, 08:45 AM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

That would explain the clunking noise!
Old 05-23-11, 02:17 PM
RockRash
Pole Position

yes it did but when i checked everything it was all in tact. some how that bolt was coming out and it finally did. took me 30 mins to go find a bolt at tractor supply then it wouldn't thread all the way though the bracket. so i drove to a tire shop and they threaded it down. i'll order the factory bolts from lexus tomorrow and retread my brackets and caliper. but it hasn't sounded like a train all day and rides and sounds like it did the day bought it.
Old 05-23-11, 02:19 PM
RockRash
Pole Position

but what would cause the bolts to back out after being torqued?
Old 05-23-11, 02:22 PM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

If they are torqued down vibrations can cause them to come loose. I want to say use a TINY amount of blue loctite but you better be ready to break out an impact next time you go to take the bolts back out.
Old 05-23-11, 02:30 PM
RockRash
Pole Position

when i order my new bolts im gonna locktite them. i have impact thanx for the help and advice TechGreek now it's back to being a lexus quality ride
Old 05-23-11, 02:40 PM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

Don't mention it, I get to go replace the inner tie rods on my car this weekend. go figure, the one part I didn't replace would start acting up.
Old 05-23-11, 02:44 PM
RockRash
Pole Position

i want to over haul the whole suspension. but funds wont allow it yet.
Old 05-24-11, 07:06 AM
RockRash
Pole Position

alright this is getting annoying. like i said i replaced the bolt with one from tractor supply well last night i was coming home and it started again. so i called lexus at 9am those bolts are 15$ each + 10 shipping cause they dont keep them in stock. went to the junk yard and found another 95 and got almost brand new no nicks or scratches or rust bolts for 4 bucks for both.. tech is it possible for the inner part of the rotors to wear out and cause the vibration issues? it wont sit upright w/o falling off the hub. had to use a lug nut to realign it just to get the caliper back on it and line up the holes
Old 05-24-11, 07:08 AM
RockRash
Pole Position

can't cut corners with this car lol. i gotta find or buy the fsm but that thing is huge and expensive sux can you can download full fsm's for other cars for free
Old 05-24-11, 11:36 PM
RockRash
Pole Position

im changing the rotor cause it's sending the top bolt out now. . and for a quick fix after i add loctite to the new bolts. im gonna add a small tac weld. to the bracket and caliper to keep it from falling off while going down the road.

Last edited by RockRash; 05-24-11 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-25-11, 09:10 AM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

You can download the entire FSM for free as well on this car (SC400). I need to find a file host so I can upload my copy as all the other locations are crappy.

Do not use a lot of loctite or else you'll never be able to get it back out.

The inner rotor on the fronts shouldn't wear out at all, thats normal for the lug nuts to hold it down as our cars don't have screws in the front (which are used for only keeping them in spot on putting a caliper).

Quick Reply: Entire Front End Rebuilt