Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brake Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-02, 12:51 PM
IrishIS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Brake Ideas?

Ok, guys...you all have been really helpful, so I appreciate that, and I have another Q! My friend, the one who is decking out his IS300 (it will be almost as nice as mine!! haha) is looking for brakes. While he loves my APs, and is probably going to buy those, we're both curious about differant makers of brakes for the IS300. Brembo? StopTech? Baer? Anyone know of any? Also, do you know prices...Stillen is selling my AP kit (I'm sick, I so overpaid) for just over $1,800, and now they're $1,300!!! Ugh! but anyway, if you guys could lend a hand again, I'd appreciate it!!
Old 09-25-02, 12:31 PM
Stillen Guy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Irish, if you're friend is looking for big brakes, AP is the way to go. I say that not only because I work for STILLEN, but also because Ive used both AP and Brembo, the next competitor. WHile there are other alternatives, Baer, StopTech, Supra...AP is really an excellent system for the money. However, for just a nice set up, STILLEN can also slap a set of Sport Rotors on your friend's car for a fraction of the cost of Big Brakes. These are direct replacement items, and require very little to have installed. They are very nice, and come with Metal Matrix Pads, and Motul 600 Fluid. This is an excellent way to up the ante on your stopping abilities without breaking the bank.