Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Slammed AWD ISx50s and CV Boot

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-13, 09:14 AM
Stainless9
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you will be able to tell as soon as you drop the car, put it in drive while your foot is on the brake...it will just vibrate. you will also notice some wobbling during acceleration. drives me nuts. Anyone know how much a cv boot kit runs for? Figure thats much cheaper than replacing the whole axle if you catch the axle leaking early enough.
Old 05-15-13, 10:49 AM
minato
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stainless9
you will be able to tell as soon as you drop the car, put it in drive while your foot is on the brake...it will just vibrate. you will also notice some wobbling during acceleration. drives me nuts. Anyone know how much a cv boot kit runs for? Figure thats much cheaper than replacing the whole axle if you catch the axle leaking early enough.
^^^wobbling, I noticed this yest from work and this morning on my way to work? what does this mean 2low? Im on BC's BR type coilovers and its on default height i.e (default height from box), I have only had coilovers installed for about 5days now.
Old 05-15-13, 11:01 AM
Stainless9
Driver

yes, that means you went too low. try raising it up a bit. Ive been adjusting mine to find a happy medium. Currently dropped 25 all around but still notice a litlle vibration. I can live with the vibration, im just worried about tearing my cv boots. Im going to try lifting the fronts a little bit more.
Old 05-15-13, 12:16 PM
minato
Pole Position

yes, that means you went too low. try raising it up a bit. Ive been adjusting mine to find a happy medium. Currently dropped 25 all around but still notice a litlle vibration. I can live with the vibration, im just worried about tearing my cv boots. Im going to try lifting the fronts a little bit more.
I dont know if I could increase the height, Its still on the default height, the way it came from BC or wherever they make them, I will look into making it higher when I get home today... can you tell from a pic if its lower than 24inches?
Old 05-15-13, 12:39 PM
Stainless9
Driver

Of course you can increase the height, thats the beauty of getting coilovers. post a pic of your current height. do you have measuring tape? you will be able to measure your height from fener to ground to see exactly where you are at. . Anyone else running 24.5 or even 25 even? do you guys still notice slight vibration? hopefully some others can chime in.
Old 05-15-13, 01:00 PM
minato
Pole Position

Of course you can increase the height, thats the beauty of getting coilovers. post a pic of your current height. do you have measuring tape? you will be able to measure your height from fener to ground to see exactly where you are at. . Anyone else running 24.5 or even 25 even? do you guys still notice slight vibration? hopefully some others can chime in.

took this pic on sat a day after install
when I get home will measure the exact height
Old 05-15-13, 01:19 PM
Stainless9
Driver

Looks about how my car sits now. Probably sits a tad bit lower than mine. Keep in mind it takes a few days for the coilovers to settle after install so the vibration for u may be worse now as opposed to when u first dropped it. Try raising it half and inch then just work your way down from there
Old 05-15-13, 01:31 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

well in case anyone is wondering (i know its a 3GS but ive been on this for a while lol). This was the height i was at when i was getting my wobbles and vibrations (dont have an exact height)

after i had my spacers milled it drastically decrease the wobbles and vibrations by about 90%. here is a pic from right after i had the spacers done and my car lowered more and aligned.

Last edited by IXI187IXI; 05-15-13 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-15-13, 01:48 PM
minato
Pole Position

stainless I will try raising it and send some feedback hopefully it goes away
IXI187IXI you mean after adding spacers your vibrations and wobbling decreased ? can you explain why?
also can you elaborate on how you "milled" the spacers to your rotors?
Old 05-15-13, 01:55 PM
Stainless9
Driver

Anymore info on the axle spacers. I was trying to follow the thread you had going but have no clue where i can get these spacers milled from. And pics of the spacers themselves? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated. I just want a low ride. Thanks in advance
Old 05-15-13, 03:25 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by minato
IXI187IXI you mean after adding spacers your vibrations and wobbling decreased ? can you explain why?
also can you elaborate on how you "milled" the spacers to your rotors?
correct. the spacer pushes the axle back into place instead of stretching it out creating the wobble. its an aluminum spacer that goes on the end of the axle and fits within the control arm. i had a machine shop mill them. theres a ton of info in the 3GS suspension forum such as a pic of the spacers giving the dimensions.

im more active in the 3GS forum but you can read this thread. post #11 has the info for the spacers. if you do decide to do this, please read up on it before jumping into it.

Last edited by IXI187IXI; 05-15-13 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-15-13, 05:47 PM
Stainless9
Driver

awesome, so those specs for the spacer, will that be fine for the IS as well? is there a diy available for this?
Old 05-15-13, 06:03 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Yes they are the same since the 3GS and 2IS share the same suspension and axle.

No DIY but I've written instructions on how to install. It's somewhere in the 3GS suspension forum
Old 05-15-13, 06:06 PM
Stainless9
Driver

might be a long stretch, but did you sell the ones you had when you sold your car? lol im very interested in getting these made, gotta look for some machine shops around my area.
Old 05-15-13, 06:32 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Nah they were on the car when I sold them. I tried becoming a vendor so I could sell them but no luck that's why I just posted the specs.

Quick Reply: Slammed AWD ISx50s and CV Boot