Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Dealer installing Rear sway bar.. questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-11, 08:36 AM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer installing Rear sway bar.. questions

I tried searching, maybe I am just brainfarting. Sorry.

Dealer is installing a Fsport rear sway on my 09' 350 Today... or trying.. They were able to match the Sewell Lexus price for CL members. Ordered the sway in, and I get a voicemail today saying they are having issues putting the bar in... They didn't get brackets, bushings, or different bolts with it. So they will have to get them... My concern is he said the bar was for an AWD? I'll search AGAIN after I type this.. just need some answers soon to tell them what to do. I remember reading somewhere about the awd rear sway. But if the rwd takes its own, if someone could let me know I would appreciate it...

Going to search again also..

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-11, 08:53 AM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

That should be right mine said awd too. Bushing come already on the sway bar and you have to re-use the old hardware and brackets. The dealer should already know that tho.
Old 06-04-11, 09:06 AM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Well, I spoke to the parts guy, and he said something about the new bushing are not round shaped or something. He went to the Sewell site to be sure he had the right bar, and he does. They list the part # at Sewell as a kit# so they have the bar, and include the brackets, bushings, and bolts with the bar.

They are going to order the bolts, brackets, and bushings. Will just have to wait another day to pick up the car. I would normally install the bar myself, but my car is up there getting a new headliner put in that was damaged by the Hail damage dent wizard people.(Dent ppl paying for it all), and figured I would have it done at the same time.

Thanks for the info
Old 06-04-11, 09:51 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

^^^^^ They will have to make it sit either if they are not round. They new IS models have a different style bracket than the older models. When they take the stock sway bar off with the brackets the bushing will be melted to the bracket so they will have to melt/pry them off.

Sick knows what im talking about i helped him with this. Eventually when we took the stock bushing off we realized that the bracket was round. BUt the made it sit even thou.
Old 06-04-11, 11:53 AM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With the 09's and up.. you will need new bolts, bushings, and brackets. When I order my rear sway bar from Sewell. They gave me the bushings and the brackets but no bolts for the brackets. Your OE bolts won't fit on the rear f-sport sway bar. I had to ordered mine from the dealership. It was like $9.

Last edited by mong; 06-04-11 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-05-11, 08:26 AM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Hopefully I will be able to get the car back on Wednesday. They have me in an HS250h loaner.... I feel like Fred Flintstone wanting to put my feet through the floorboard to get that thing going. It seriously cannot get out of its own way. Definitely do not like it.