Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Looking for Wheel Spacer Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-11, 11:52 AM
Salduchi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Wheel Spacer Recommendation

I put some F Sport springs on recently and the car looks better. Tommy had recommended me putting on spacers. I beleive he said 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear. I don't want to damage the car, I don't want anything to rub, scrape, etc. What do you guys think? Particular brand/model? Any and all input appreciated.

Old 07-20-11, 03:43 PM
Salduchi
Driver

Put some spacers on....

Before

After

Threw on the F Sport Intake aswell for a respectable growl

Old 07-20-11, 05:36 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

Did you have the fenders rolled?
Old 07-20-11, 08:10 PM
Salduchi
Driver

The fenders are stock.
Old 07-30-11, 10:43 AM
Iceman5210
Pole Position

Default spacers info?

Originally Posted by Salduchi
Put some spacers on....

Before

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f270/salduchi/IMG_5469.

After

Threw on the F Sport Intake aswell for a respectable growl

Pls can you tell us what spacers you used exactly and specs it would be appreciated im planning on doing same thing like you did with stockies this weekend installing f sport sways and springs but would like to pit on some spacers as well . Thanks...
Old 07-31-11, 01:05 AM
Salduchi
Driver

Sure, as you can see I got a lot of help when I asked.

Seriously, I went with the Ichiba spacers in Version 2. I used 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear. No rubbing ( I haven't autocrossed it since the spacers). No fender modification required.
Old 07-31-11, 01:56 AM
Iceman5210
Pole Position

Sure, as you can see I got a lot of help when I asked.

Seriously, I went with the Ichiba spacers in Version 2. I used 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear. No rubbing ( I haven't autocrossed it since the spacers). No fender modification required.
Thanks ,have you go back and check them since install ? Only asking cause i saw a thread where some of the forum sayd they cracked or something like that. What you think about quality of the product? Thanks again.
Old 07-31-11, 02:07 AM
Salduchi
Driver

Ya, I saw that same thread. I have had them for only maybe 200 miles so no real need to check them. There are 5 lugs holding it on, it would have to break into a lot of little pieces for it to fall out. And if it did, you would slowly start to feel a wobble in the wheel as chunks of spacer fell off. Of the thousands of people who have them that was the only thread I found about a broken Ichiba spacer. Did he torque them properly? To tight? Did he race? Did he buy them used? Were they defective? We don't know. I've seen a thousand threads about Lexus vehicles breaking down but that doesn't seem to deter people from buying the car so I wouldn't worry about the spacers.
Old 08-01-11, 10:30 AM
Iceman5210
Pole Position

Ya, I saw that same thread. I have had them for only maybe 200 miles so no real need to check them. There are 5 lugs holding it on, it would have to break into a lot of little pieces for it to fall out. And if it did, you would slowly start to feel a wobble in the wheel as chunks of spacer fell off. Of the thousands of people who have them that was the only thread I found about a broken Ichiba spacer. Did he torque them properly? To tight? Did he race? Did he buy them used? Were they defective? We don't know. I've seen a thousand threads about Lexus vehicles breaking down but that doesn't seem to deter people from buying the car so I wouldn't worry about the spacers.
Thanks salduchi, I just instaled the f sport springs and sways yesterday with a friend and will buy the spacers on my next paycheck. It makes the car look way better. Thanks again!
Old 08-02-11, 10:35 PM
FutureITR
Driver

Any difference in wobble feel while driving?
I have had problems with my other cars
Old 08-04-11, 10:37 PM
Salduchi
Driver

Originally Posted by FutureITR
Any difference in wobble feel while driving?
I have had problems with my other cars
Not as a result of the spacers. But I did with the F Sport springs, at the beginning for about the first week I felt the front end kind of choppy/bouncy at high speeds. That issue faded away fast.

Last edited by Salduchi; 08-10-11 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-14-11, 07:29 PM
NastyIS
Driver

Looks much better.
Old 08-17-11, 05:20 PM
SteezyIS
Driver School Candidate

im thinking of getting the same size spacers for my car. 15 in the front and 20 in the back really seems to give you that flush look im hoping for. do you have a picture from far away like the first picture you posted, but after you installed? thanks in advance.
Old 08-18-11, 02:07 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Received 153 Likes on 74 Posts
Default spacers

I had an experience of ichiba version 2 spacers sizes 15mm in front and 20mm in rear and the way i look at it, the 15mm spacer its not safe cuz it is thinner as well as the lug nuts. I observe also that you will tend to damage the lugnuts easily cuz the tire range or what ever tool you will use doesnt have enough deep or grip to it. The tendency it will easily bald your lugnuts. I suggest get 20mm front and 20 or 25mm rear.
Old 08-20-11, 01:42 AM
Salduchi
Driver

Originally Posted by SteezyIS
im thinking of getting the same size spacers for my car. 15 in the front and 20 in the back really seems to give you that flush look im hoping for. do you have a picture from far away like the first picture you posted, but after you installed? thanks in advance.
No but when I get a chance I'll take one.

Originally Posted by ljdsong
I had an experience of ichiba version 2 spacers sizes 15mm in front and 20mm in rear and the way i look at it, the 15mm spacer its not safe cuz it is thinner as well as the lug nuts. I observe also that you will tend to damage the lugnuts easily cuz the tire range or what ever tool you will use doesnt have enough deep or grip to it. The tendency it will easily bald your lugnuts. I suggest get 20mm front and 20 or 25mm rear.
I kinda sorta understand what you are saying, um...maybe not. But bald lug nuts would be as a result of using the wrong tool to tighten.

Quick Reply: Looking for Wheel Spacer Recommendation