Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Polyurethane Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-11, 12:07 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Polyurethane Bushings

I'd hate to do this, I know alot of people have covered this subject already, but I want a timeline. I'm trying to find out if Daizen/TM Engineering is still in business; if they are who can vouch for them that have bought something from them within a month timeframe from today? Or besides TM Engineering who else sells and have bought Daizen bushings stuff within a month timeframe from today? I'm trying to get steering rack bushings and control arm bushings.

Now, if there is really no way I can get by Daizens nowadays, who can point me to the right direction where I can buy these stuff that I need and vouch for them as well that it is as good as Daizens? (There's really no way anyone can vouch for this stuff like this unless you have personally tried both..)

I know alot will be ranting and whining about this thread wether I searched or not; so let me answer that right now, yes I did search, I even PM'd a few members regarding this, and haven't received a response since, so please hate all you want but if you ain't contributing anything shut up and keep moving, thanks!
Old 07-12-11, 05:11 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you try contacting TMEngineering?

There's also a thread about a kit you can order from Jeg's that is in stock. I'm going that route in a couple weeks.
Old 07-12-11, 05:35 AM
trancuongv
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just buy the prothane bushings. the daizen are renamed prothane. and the prothane are much cheaper. the control arm bushings that is.
Old 07-12-11, 07:50 AM
NCMatt83
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all I just want to say, I can't blame you for making a new thread. Every time I try searching for something I never have much success because of all the threads just seem thrown all together in one little section under SC 300/400 making it hard to narrow your search and find the info you need. Maybe somebody needs to teach me how to effectively search and use this site. I wish there was a site like E46Fanatics SPECIFFICALLY for SC's.

ANYWAYS....
I recently bought sway bar bushings from TM Engineering and it did take a little longer in shipping than I expected, but it wasn't unreasonable. As far as the product, they are great and I couldn't be happier! I am also undecided about replacing my control arm bushings or just replacing the control arms all together. You can get all new arms with new bushings and ball joints from rock auto for $61 a piece.
Old 07-12-11, 09:06 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 88supramki
Did you try contacting TMEngineering?

There's also a thread about a kit you can order from Jeg's that is in stock. I'm going that route in a couple weeks.
I have contacted TM Engineering 3-4 times in the last 2 months... I've tried calling the phone number they have posted all over the net(seems it's just 1 phone number) and it's a fax number, nobody's picking up the phone, of course... I've tried emailing him, and still no luck... I have no problem buying from this guy if only there is a good communication, but searching through the net I've seen that there have been alot of scary experiences with him since 2009(which back then he even replied and addressed the situation) but now there's completely no communication whatsoever in the last 5-6 people that are furious about the situation...

And about that Jeg, where and who can I buy it from? More info please...

Originally Posted by cuonggs300
just buy the prothane bushings. the daizen are renamed prothane. and the prothane are much cheaper. the control arm bushings that is.
Where and who can I buy it from? More info please...

Originally Posted by NCMatt83
First of all I just want to say, I can't blame you for making a new thread. Every time I try searching for something I never have much success because of all the threads just seem thrown all together in one little section under SC 300/400 making it hard to narrow your search and find the info you need. Maybe somebody needs to teach me how to effectively search and use this site. I wish there was a site like E46Fanatics SPECIFFICALLY for SC's.

ANYWAYS....
I recently bought sway bar bushings from TM Engineering and it did take a little longer in shipping than I expected, but it wasn't unreasonable. As far as the product, they are great and I couldn't be happier! I am also undecided about replacing my control arm bushings or just replacing the control arms all together. You can get all new arms with new bushings and ball joints from rock auto for $61 a piece.
Well brother, you should've been here 2 months ago when there was too much drama here in the forums between newbees like me and the oldies...

But anyhow, so you're saying you recently bought sway bar bushings from TM Engineering? How recent? Is it the Daizen ones? Well, what I like about Daizens is that it's already been tested by the "old timers" here and have not seen any negative thoughts about it. (I'd rather go for the sure route rather than the doubt route.)

I've never ordered anything from Rock Auto before but is there anybody on here that can vouch for them that they are at least as good as OEM?
Old 07-12-11, 09:12 AM
hovsc400
Pole Position

you can always get aluminum bushings from drift motion they work great i can vouch for that
Old 07-12-11, 09:12 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^
Different bushings, but still good option

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...hing-53-a.html
Old 07-12-11, 09:16 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templa...209&SearchYN=N

Not sure if the Supra TT control arm bushings are compatible. Maybe someone can chime in. I got the R2 steering rack bushings from here and they're a perfect fit.
Old 07-12-11, 09:38 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by hovsc400
you can always get aluminum bushings from drift motion they work great i can vouch for that
Originally Posted by 88supramki
^^
Different bushings, but still good option

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...hing-53-a.html
No offense, but this would be my last option. DOn't really wanna go to aluminum rack bushings. See, the point of the bushing is for the rack to have a little give when the road conditions are harsh. I'm still sceptic with getting these even though alot of people are vouching for it. But like I said it's still an option but the last one.

Originally Posted by OneJay
http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templa...209&SearchYN=N

Not sure if the Supra TT control arm bushings are compatible. Maybe someone can chime in. I got the R2 steering rack bushings from here and they're a perfect fit.
The R2 is actually my second choice if there is really no way I can buy those Daizens nowadays... I'm still gonna try and visit TM Engineering if I have time to go up North... (I'm from SD)
Old 07-12-11, 10:05 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 423 Likes on 347 Posts

I've been wondering about this myself. All of the threads I searched basically that T.M. Engineering is terrible and they never shipped stuff out. I might go with the Drift Motion bushings if all else fails.
Old 07-12-11, 10:25 AM
pnoypips
Rookie

i got my Daizen steering bushing from T.M. took me 1 week to get them(LUCKY).. but i went with JEGS for my lower and upper control arm
Old 07-12-11, 10:51 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

r2, daizen, prothane, energy etc...they are all the same. Made by the same distributor, armstrong distributions. Search a lil better and you will find the thread. Rock auto only sells the upper control arms not the lower. If they sold new lowers for 61$ we would all have like 4 sets each on hand.

Anyway i bought daizens from TM and i got them in like 2 months (they were backordered) R2 fit the same and you can buy them from MVP and they have great contact and support. Choice is yours...
Old 07-12-11, 11:17 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xxtoobsxx
r2, daizen, prothane, energy etc...they are all the same. Made by the same distributor, armstrong distributions. Search a lil better and you will find the thread. Rock auto only sells the upper control arms not the lower. If they sold new lowers for 61$ we would all have like 4 sets each on hand.

Anyway i bought daizens from TM and i got them in like 2 months (they were backordered) R2 fit the same and you can buy them from MVP and they have great contact and support. Choice is yours...
Now that's the kind of info I'm looking for. You're the only one I've seen to verify this info y'know. Anybody can search if they know what they're looking for. But I never knew this info that you've just said 'til now. Anybody else can shed light on this?
Old 07-12-11, 11:22 AM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

I've had both Daizen and Prothane Control Arm Bushings in my hands at the same time, they looked the exact same.

http://www.prothanesuspensionparts.com/

I bought mine from here, both times and it came in under a week.
Old 07-12-11, 11:29 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TechGreek
I've had both Daizen and Prothane Control Arm Bushings in my hands at the same time, they looked the exact same.

http://www.prothanesuspensionparts.com/

I bought mine from here, both times and it came in under a week.
I've just looked at that website as well, they don't have the steering rack bushings for my 95 SC.

I've just contacted that armstrongdistributors.com, they don't know if the steering rack bushings they have would fit my '95 SC400 because on their catalog it's just saying 91-94. Anybody knows anything about this? And it doesn't come with the grommet(I think).

Quick Reply: Polyurethane Bushings