Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F Sport springs are finally installed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-11, 08:52 AM
my95tsi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Sport springs are finally installed!

So I had my F sport springs installed at a local tuner shop this past Saturday. I had the factory sport suspension on my car so I kept the stock Tokico's instead of going with the Bilsteins. I have to say that i'm very impressed with the ride quality as I expected much worse. Compared to the factory sport suspension I would honestly have to say that the ride is no different and handles bumps and road imperfections the same way. My car does seem to be more noisey with the springs and I hear creaks and pops a bit more but nothing too dramatic. As far as handling I would say body roll has stayed the same for the most part. It seems like entering the corner the body roll is the same as stock but exiting the car seems to flatten out much sooner, I would assume that's due to the progressive spring rate. As far as the drop is concerned i'm very satisfied. However I will say that the drop on the drivers side is a full 1/4 inch lower than the passenger side. It appears to be a common issue with many springs on the IS. I would recommend these springs to anyone who is looking for a mild to moderate drop.
Old 07-18-11, 01:18 PM
RangerJoe
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you get the plastic stuff to wrap around the ends of the springs to help quiet them a bit? I've seen those on other springs, but I didn't know if it was recommended on the F-Sport springs or not.
Old 07-19-11, 08:09 AM
my95tsi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RangerJoe
Did you get the plastic stuff to wrap around the ends of the springs to help quiet them a bit? I've seen those on other springs, but I didn't know if it was recommended on the F-Sport springs or not.
I did not get the sillencers. The springs don't make any noise anyways.
Old 07-21-11, 12:16 AM
Salduchi
Driver

Pics or it didn't happen. Haha