Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

what will happen if I do a stock / eibach spring set up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-02, 02:28 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what will happen if I do a stock / eibach spring set up?

Hello... I currently have eibach pro kits. Basically, I cut it so the back is so low that my rear tires are tucked and rub the fenders. I have already rolled them as much as I can and it still rubs. So now Im thinking about using the stock rear springs and leaving the front eibachs on? Has anyone done this? Any idea what I can expect? Also... if I go with the supra setup, does the front fit the sc400 shocks or do I need to replace all 4 shocks? I know the rear ones would need to be the supra ones as well. I need a confirmation on this. Also what would I expect from this set up?
Old 09-18-02, 03:19 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, for some reason, i wouldn't do the eibach in front and stockies in the back. just because of the diff. spring rates and such.

if you get supra springs, you need supra shocks for sure. i had an idea for my car too... leave my eibach's in the back, and get supra springs and just use the front with kyb's. don't know how it's going to ride though. i'm just thinking about getting some tein's so that i can do whatever i want...
Old 09-18-02, 03:44 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, this topic was talked about before a couple of weeks ago. If you get Supra TT springs, you need the shocks to go with it.

HKS or Tein's would definately be something on my list, but I have better things to do with $1200 for now. I think an entire Supra TT shock/spring setup would be nice. The Eibach website says it lowers 1.2" front & 1" in the rear.
Old 09-18-02, 04:15 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

hmm thats what i thought, I actually spent a good hour trying to roll my fenders even more... It rolled a little bit more.. hopefully this "little bit" will do the job. I love my drop, just don't want the rubbing. I will see tomorrow when I go for a quick spin.
Old 09-18-02, 04:36 PM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

hmmm after taking it for a quick spin to mcdonalds ... I notice it still rubbed a little. about 2mm. It will only rub if I hit a bump.. Would this be ok or what should I do?
Old 09-18-02, 04:42 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

my friend put 19x10's on his C-class and it rubbed only on bumps too. it bother him to a point that he got new springs.

my suggestion is to get new springs... i would have to think that every dip or bump i hit, my wheels are rubbing with my fender.
Old 09-19-02, 01:05 AM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Actually you only need Supra rear shocks when using Supra springs because Supra front springs will fit on SC front shocks.
Old 09-19-02, 01:08 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

argh! i'm confused. sorry. so what you're saying is.... i can use my tokico's for the lexus sc400, and just put in some supra springs from eibach right? i always thought you had to buy the kyb shocks too?
Old 09-19-02, 01:10 AM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Here's a pics of my car with lowered front the only reason the rear isn't lowered is because I only have 1 Supra kyb agx rear shock and am waiting for my second one.
Attached Thumbnails what will happen if I do a stock / eibach spring set up?-sc41.jpg  
Old 09-19-02, 04:11 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

Wait so we could use the sc front shocks and just get like a pair of supra rear shocks and supra springs right? It's pretty confusing, some people say you need to change the entire setup while some say its fine.....

If its fine, I might be going that route....
Also hows the ride on your sc as of now with the stock on the rear??? Do you have a system in teh back also???? Just curious to see if I put mines would it sink any lower.
Old 09-19-02, 09:43 AM
projectsc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you use Supra Teins on the SC or is that overkill? Or are the SC300 Teins enough?
Old 09-19-02, 05:50 PM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

sc400 I only have a 12 inch sub with an amp mounted on it in the trunk. Since you have 20's I don't think it would look that bad with the rears at stock height but yeah I'm still on my 15's. The fronts of supras fit front sc shocks and thats a fact. I searched many threads and got the same responses from people who have put them on their cars. The main difference between the supra and sc front shocks is the height because the supra shocks are a little shorter than the sc's.
Old 09-19-02, 05:54 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

ah, now i'm so confused!

as far as the teins, the supra teins should work perfectly on our SC's. i may just go that route.
Old 09-19-02, 06:10 PM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

=) thanks... I have 18's though.. might look kind of off.. Hmmm I think I migt end yup getting two rear supra shocks and the supra springs.

Thanks Again
Old 09-19-02, 06:11 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

sc4oo,
if you're getting the two rears, are you gonna keep the two fronts??? let me know if you aren't. tony can get you a great price on them. we can maybe split the cost or so.

Quick Reply: what will happen if I do a stock / eibach spring set up?