Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Alignment specs after F Sport spring installation

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-11, 10:30 AM
my95tsi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment specs after F Sport spring installation

Ok so I just got my car aligned a few days ago after getting my F Sport springs installed. Everything was able to go back into factory spec except for the camber on the front drivers side wheel. The max camber determined by Lexus for the front are 1.1 degrees. My passenger side is right at 1.1 and my drivers side is 1.3 degree. Now toe and everything else is perfect and i'm not worried because it's only camber and it's still not that agressive. However is this normal? I've never heard of anyone else having this issue with F Sport springs so I find it to be odd. To be honest i'm not suprised as the drivers side sits about 1/4 inch lower than the passenger side.
Old 07-26-11, 10:52 AM
my95tsi
Pole Position

Anyone? Buehler?
Old 07-26-11, 12:48 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

f-sport springs (and just about any other lowering springs offerings on the market for the 2is) are conservative enough such that they shouldn't throw your alignment too far out of factory specs - if at all.

if everything else looks fine, i wouldn't worry too much about it but would still keep an eye on the tire wear. but if it bothers you, ask your alignment shop to put the car back on the alignment rack and double-check the specs again.
Old 07-26-11, 02:33 PM
my95tsi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by projectdna
f-sport springs (and just about any other lowering springs offerings on the market for the 2is) are conservative enough such that they shouldn't throw your alignment too far out of factory specs - if at all.

if everything else looks fine, i wouldn't worry too much about it but would still keep an eye on the tire wear. but if it bothers you, ask your alignment shop to put the car back on the alignment rack and double-check the specs again.
Actually after further review it appears that the technician didn't make note that my car originally had the sport suspension. The camber for the sport suspension is up to -1.4 where the none sport is -1.1. So being at -1.3 should be fine.
Old 07-26-11, 09:42 PM
ohface
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by my95tsi
Ok so I just got my car aligned a few days ago after getting my F Sport springs installed. Everything was able to go back into factory spec except for the camber on the front drivers side wheel. The max camber determined by Lexus for the front are 1.1 degrees. My passenger side is right at 1.1 and my drivers side is 1.3 degree. Now toe and everything else is perfect and i'm not worried because it's only camber and it's still not that agressive. However is this normal? I've never heard of anyone else having this issue with F Sport springs so I find it to be odd. To be honest i'm not suprised as the drivers side sits about 1/4 inch lower than the passenger side.
You have any pics of your height on the F Sport springs?
Old 07-26-11, 11:03 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by my95tsi
Actually after further review it appears that the technician didn't make note that my car originally had the sport suspension. The camber for the sport suspension is up to -1.4 where the none sport is -1.1. So being at -1.3 should be fine.
See, perfect
Old 07-27-11, 08:47 AM
my95tsi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ohface
You have any pics of your height on the F Sport springs?
I will post some this weekend once I wash my car. It's been raining off an on for the last 2 weeks here.