Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Need your air ride expertise on a leak!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-11, 02:28 PM
ZGagnon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your air ride expertise on a leak!

ok guys i just recently put the ksport air ride setup in my vehicle and bought it from somebody on here and i dont think he gave me all the info about the condition of this kit because he was more then willing to help me via txting with the install until i ran into this issue and havent heard from him since.

the setup i have i am able to control every corner.

but heres the issue... it is mostly an issue with my rear valves, after filling the tank and lifting the rear up, i hear a noise in the tank and it really sounds like air leaking bank into the tank from the valves and if the car is left for a bit the rear bags will empty and lower the car back down but also empty the tank... ive sprayed everything with soapy water and only found air escaping the rear left dump valve... so i plugged it and tried to see what would happen and the car still lowers by itself. im afraid to drive incase it decides to lower while driving. ive taken the rear valves apart to reseal but that didnt fix the issue... i do not know how to take the valves apart to clean incase the fill or dump valves are sticking open.

it is only with the rear valves.. fronts i have no issues with

any help would be great.
thanks
Old 08-04-11, 03:26 PM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

damn... that sucks. Hopefully someone can chime in on this and help you through it.
Old 08-05-11, 09:06 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

check the fittings on the rear bags for leaks
Old 08-05-11, 09:39 AM
JustChill
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup check ur fittings on the bags
Old 08-05-11, 06:49 PM
ZGagnon
Lead Lap

would that explain this weird noise in the tank... like when you fill up your tank and turn the compressor off is there ever any noise coming from the inside of the tank?

the noise sounds like air returning into the tank or something
Old 08-05-11, 10:45 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Any noise in the tank, IS air leaking from a valve, back into the tank. Then, ..that air is leaking out somewhere. Probably out of the opposite bag.

I just got done tonight, switching from a airlift digital controller, back to the manual valves that came with the ksport kit. I didnt care for it's performance. The manual gets me up/down faster, ..when I need it. Im about to switch to an electric valve set up, ..and integrate a remote, ..using a car alarm.
Old 08-06-11, 01:20 PM
skirts
Lead Lap

Is the compressor on a pressure switch to automatically come on when the tank is low?
Old 08-06-11, 09:36 PM
ZGagnon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by na4now
Any noise in the tank, IS air leaking from a valve, back into the tank. Then, ..that air is leaking out somewhere. Probably out of the opposite bag.

I just got done tonight, switching from a airlift digital controller, back to the manual valves that came with the ksport kit. I didnt care for it's performance. The manual gets me up/down faster, ..when I need it. Im about to switch to an electric valve set up, ..and integrate a remote, ..using a car alarm.

hmmm ya ill be tearing it all apart again to see..

is there anyway air could leak back out the compressor? its definitly something with the valves just gotta find it..

i actually put the kit up for sale locally and may go back to coils and super slam :P

Originally Posted by skirts
Is the compressor on a pressure switch to automatically come on when the tank is low?
i have it hooked up to a killswitch in the car so i turn the compressor on when id like it on
Old 08-07-11, 08:30 PM
skirts
Lead Lap

If the fill valve is stuck/leaking then when airing the tank up the rear bags would have air leak into them. Does the rear raise when the tank is filling up?
Old 08-10-11, 03:02 PM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

dam.. selling the kit already? How much are you looking to get for it?
Old 08-11-11, 06:42 PM
ZGagnon
Lead Lap

think i may have figured out the issue. took everything apart and am ready to sell.. putting up a ad in the SC classifies now
Old 08-22-11, 09:20 PM
jhustle
Driver School Candidate

this sounds like a relatively cheap repair. check every place where there is a fitting check for a leak with soapy water put tape on all clean threads,you can take your valves off and clean them sometimes road grime will get in it and could clog it up and open..dont give up on air ride its easy to maintain just dont be afraid to work on it..also make sure the peacock valve is closed if you have one one the tank.
Old 08-22-11, 11:39 PM
TheBosSC4
Driver

Sucks your giving up on the bags. I love my system I bought used on here. Tein CS on UAS w/ electronic valves. Who is the guy you bought it from? Sounds like he has some explaining to do. . . .