Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Fender pulling

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-11, 07:16 PM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes... Cutting the extra piece of metal that would rub otherwise inside the fender.
Old 09-25-11, 07:56 PM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ttiangco
so when you guys say cut, you mean like you cut in U shape part on the inside and the rolled it to make it flat??
I have read a member regreted about having the fender lip cut too much that make his front fender very flimsy. He said it was very weak that he could bend it by hand and his fender become wavy when the tire hit.
Old 09-25-11, 09:40 PM
nmpeter
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCWB
I have read a member regreted about having the fender lip cut too much that make his front fender very flimsy. He said it was very weak that he could bend it by hand and his fender become wavy when the tire hit.
THIS - Maybe the other people posting just cut a little but if you cut a lot and proceed to rolling the fenders, they will crumble or get wavy.

DO NOT Shave your fenders before you pull them. Your fenders will crumble. I've seen it happen in person.

Other than that GL. If you don't want to tackle the job yourself I'm pretty sure Cali has a bunch of people who do it for a good price.
Old 09-25-11, 09:52 PM
CCJ22
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nmpeter
THIS - Maybe the other people posting just cut a little but if you cut a lot and proceed to rolling the fenders, they will crumble or get wavy.

DO NOT Shave your fenders before you pull them. Your fenders will crumble. I've seen it happen in person.

Other than that GL. If you don't want to tackle the job yourself I'm pretty sure Cali has a bunch of people who do it for a good price.
Who do we have here in FL that does pulls? (not just rolls the fenders) but actually pulls them.