Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen control arm bushings, anyone kno?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-11, 10:47 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If a shop trashed your sleeves, let the shop go buy a set of arms to replace them. It's that simple. If they can't find used arms to replace the bushings in, they can buy you a new set of Supra arms. I would settle for nothing less if the shop made the mistake.
Old 08-22-11, 07:46 PM
MySc4fever
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IRRELEVANT
They had part of an old one as a go by. Here is what you do. Take the control arm and your busing without the shell flange there and say I want a shell made to fit it. Any machine shop should be able to do it.
Cool. good advice.
Old 08-22-11, 07:50 PM
MySc4fever
Driver

Originally Posted by 88supramki
Actually it's around half of that for brand new Supra LCAs. Only a fool would pay $800 for SC LCAs
true. I actually found a place thats an original toyota parts dealer.
toyotapartssuperstore.com they have both supra lower control arms for $550.00 shipped. best new price i've found.
Old 08-22-11, 08:30 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I just did my poly bushings today on the driver's side, I wasn't able to do the other side because I really f#ck#d up big time... I tried to remember and tried to stay away from other people's mistakes, yet I was still able to create my own... The upper control arm went through as smooth as it can be... But unfortunately, my lower gave me the hardest time of all... Using a tie rod separator, not the u-fork, I didn't notice that the long bolt that's pushing on the bolt/head of the ball joint warped the bolt/head of the ball joint while I was removing it, therefore I cannot install the castle nut and cannot tighten it, I think only about 3 threads are able to hold on... Until I can figure out what to do with it, I just placed thread lock on it tonight... I'm gonna try and shave off the part of the bolt that have been warped tomorrow... Unless anybody else have any idea how to deal with this... This car is becoming a nuisance to me... Every time I try to do something to fix it, I feel like the car is fighting back... Please help...
Old 08-23-11, 04:50 AM
MySc4fever
Driver

Originally Posted by kingphilip
I just did my poly bushings today on the driver's side, I wasn't able to do the other side because I really f#ck#d up big time... I tried to remember and tried to stay away from other people's mistakes, yet I was still able to create my own... The upper control arm went through as smooth as it can be... But unfortunately, my lower gave me the hardest time of all... Using a tie rod separator, not the u-fork, I didn't notice that the long bolt that's pushing on the bolt/head of the ball joint warped the bolt/head of the ball joint while I was removing it, therefore I cannot install the castle nut and cannot tighten it, I think only about 3 threads are able to hold on... Until I can figure out what to do with it, I just placed thread lock on it tonight... I'm gonna try and shave off the part of the bolt that have been warped tomorrow... Unless anybody else have any idea how to deal with this... This car is becoming a nuisance to me... Every time I try to do something to fix it, I feel like the car is fighting back... Please help...
Trust me I feel ya.

As long as u didn't damage the actual ball joint, u might still be ok.
Trust me, I'm not da best problem solver... But if you get the thread to the bolt re-threaded and then use a smaller castle nut with large washers u might be able to be ok.
Whatever u do from this point, do NOT remove da ball joint screw itself.
And be extremely careful not to tear the rubber boot that surrounds it.

Even tho u are pissed, don't give up on tha car.
This is my second sc, and trust me besides wear and tear,
These are the best crafted cars around... Hand down!
Old 08-23-11, 05:00 AM
MySc4fever
Driver

Originally Posted by stockhatch
If a shop trashed your sleeves, let the shop go buy a set of arms to replace them. It's that simple. If they can't find used arms to replace the bushings in, they can buy you a new set of Supra arms. I would settle for nothing less if the shop made the mistake.
I agree.
Thing is, this is my regular mechanic.
You would have thought he would have just offered it without asking.
Been going to him for 12 years.

I got a set of used arms that Are gettIng shipped to me and should Be here any day now. If you ever need parts, get in contact with aliga...he is tha man.

I'm gonna get them to install them, since that's where the car has been for two weeks now. Then I'm gonna ask him to slice the price of labor.
It he doesn't, then we may have bad blood.
Don't wanna loose a good tech after 12 years, so I hope he goes for it.