Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen control arm bushings, anyone kno?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-11, 01:57 PM
MySc4fever
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Daizen control arm bushings, anyone kno?

Ok family, i have a 95sc4 and had a spot attempt to install a set of polyurethane bushings that I purchased. Only problem was, they trashed all four of the outer sleeves that hold the bushings in place.(idiots didn't read the instructions).

Anyhow, I looked on tm engineering, and they have the set for $189.00 that cOmes with all the bushings and sleeves(inner and outer).
Only problem is, on the picture I only see two of the larger outer sleeves for the four lower arms.

I've tried to contact them directly, but couldn't reach anyone via phone or email. Anyone has this set that can let me know if it came with all 4 lower outer sleeves?

And if so, anybody know if their on backorder?

Need them ASAP, car is on jacks.
Old 08-20-11, 02:53 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Haven't you posted this about a week ago? Daizen, I believe is no longer in business for no one have made contact with them in a long time. If that's what happened to you bro, I think your only chance on getting those parts is used buying control arms from a pick-ur-parts shop/junk shop...
Old 08-20-11, 03:23 PM
MySc4fever
Driver

^^^^
Previous post was about the lca sleeves only.
Not the daizen bushings. Preci8 the advise tho.

Didnt know that tm engineering was completely out of business,
I guess it's a wrap with daizen then......thanks.
Old 08-20-11, 03:29 PM
chef05b
Rookie

Originally Posted by MySc4fever
Ok family, i have a 95sc4 and had a spot attempt to install a set of polyurethane bushings that I purchased. Only problem was, they trashed all four of the outer sleeves that hold the bushings in place.(idiots didn't read the instructions).

Anyhow, I looked on tm engineering, and they have the set for $189.00 that cOmes with all the bushings and sleeves(inner and outer).
Only problem is, on the picture I only see two of the larger outer sleeves for the four lower arms.

I've tried to contact them directly, but couldn't reach anyone via phone or email. Anyone has this set that can let me know if it came with all 4 lower outer sleeves?

And if so, anybody know if their on backorder?

Need them ASAP, car is on jacks.
My mechanics did the same thing, trashed all the sleeves. The Daizen bushings only come with 2 sleeves. I had to go to the shop personally and ordered the other sleeves. Was pissed at TM engineering and my mechanics for not reading the directions.
Old 08-20-11, 04:30 PM
MySc4fever
Driver

^^^^^great info bro.
I figured as much. Wtf is wrong with these guys.
A mistake of taking a piece of $20.00 metal out, results in needing two new control arms which exceed the entire installation price x2.

Since i can"t get the daizen set, with the four new outer sleeves, I'm gonna buy some used arms and transfer the sleeves myself. I Refuse to buy new arms when my ball joints are still good. That"s $800 minimum for aftermarket arms........is daizen or tm engineering really out for business??!!
Old 08-20-11, 04:38 PM
5spd97
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid TM $230 bucks about a year ago for bushings & they have yet to respond to my phone calls, e-mails, or letters, etc. They got my money and I got nothing. I don't care how many people have had good experience with them, they stole my money. I'll keep telling the story until they refund my money or send my parts.
Old 08-20-11, 07:04 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Yup, I heard alot of traumatic stories like these about Daizen, so when I emailed them twice and didn't get any response I made a thread about it, and actually, just got my poly's from Jeggs a week ago, and I'm in the process of installing them as soon as I have time. I bought a 12ton press that I'm gonna return after this, LOL! I was gonna do it today but my arms hurt like hell I don't know why...
Old 08-20-11, 08:33 PM
MySc4fever
Driver

Woooowww!!
I really wanted the daizen set too, especially after reading about all of the members who have them already installed.
Glad I didn't send any mOney yet.....sheeesh.
I would have been really pissed.
Old 08-20-11, 08:59 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Woooowww!!
I really wanted the daizen set too, especially after reading about all of the members who have them already installed.
Glad I didn't send any mOney yet.....sheeesh.
I would have been really pissed.
I bought mine from Jeggs, Prothane replaced the Daizen ones for the control arm bushings, but for the steering rack bushings, only MVP motorsports selling poly's, and it's on constant backorder for like 3-4 weeks, I'm still waiting on mine so far, I ordered it last week...
Old 08-21-11, 01:33 AM
ISFFUN
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

You're gunna have to heither have a shop fabricate the outer sleeves but good luck on that..it can be done but ..a lot of work.

Best bet is to find 2 low mileage LCAs and swap in your new bushings like you said.
Old 08-21-11, 06:31 AM
IRRELEVANT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISFFUN
You're gunna have to heither have a shop fabricate the outer sleeves but good luck on that..it can be done but ..a lot of work.

Best bet is to find 2 low mileage LCAs and swap in your new bushings like you said.
I was the guy that wrote that question a week ago. Take a $100 bucks go, to your local machinist and have him make you some. It will take about a half a day to do. I'm running the prothane bushings and had the sleeves made since they screwed the others up when taking them out. They came out great. It was $25 per sleeve being made.
Old 08-21-11, 01:12 PM
MySc4fever
Driver

Cool

Originally Posted by IRRELEVANT
I was the guy that wrote that question a week ago. Take a $100 bucks go, to your local machinist and have him make you some. It will take about a half a day to do. I'm running the prothane bushings and had the sleeves made since they screwed the others up when taking them out. They came out great. It was $25 per sleeve being made.
Cool. Already searching my local yellow pages.
My be my cheapest route.
Did they construct them from scratch, or did they have your old ones fir a reference?
Old 08-22-11, 05:18 AM
IRRELEVANT
Driver School Candidate

They had part of an old one as a go by. Here is what you do. Take the control arm and your busing without the shell flange there and say I want a shell made to fit it. Any machine shop should be able to do it.
Old 08-22-11, 06:41 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey 5spd97, I have a brand new in the box set of bushings with grease, collars, and the instructions to do the front. Send me some shipping money, and I will mail these out to you. I am sorry you had a bad experience with them. Let me help you. Paypal is marklinley36@gmail.com. Just enough to cover shipping. Thats all I ask. I will send them in the original box.
Old 08-22-11, 07:29 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^great info bro.
I figured as much. Wtf is wrong with these guys.
A mistake of taking a piece of $20.00 metal out, results in needing two new control arms which exceed the entire installation price x2.

Since i can"t get the daizen set, with the four new outer sleeves, I'm gonna buy some used arms and transfer the sleeves myself. I Refuse to buy new arms when my ball joints are still good. That"s $800 minimum for aftermarket arms........is daizen or tm engineering really out for business??!!
Actually it's around half of that for brand new Supra LCAs. Only a fool would pay $800 for SC LCAs

Quick Reply: Daizen control arm bushings, anyone kno?