Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

DIY - Rear Axle Carrier (Knuckle) Bushing Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-12, 10:42 AM
RoninEng
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome, thank you and sorry for the confusion. I did not mean to cause a fuss with my ignorance. Sorry again
Old 04-26-12, 10:57 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by lyonkster
It's a bit more confusing than that Brian.. If you look at the picture in your link, it looks like the right thing. But if you look at the drawing for item #9 in the diagram (below), that looks like the inside bushing, not the one on the carrier end. I'd check with rhdjapan first (maybe you already did).
Yeah i noticed this the more and more i looked at the picture is it looked like the bushing is for the inside.....thats why i deleted that post.

either way i will be ordering some of the RHD trd bushings i guess i will wait RoninEng to find out if RHD says they are correct if not i will install the ones from the guy on ebay. funny i bought these not needing them and now i have the mattress squeak from the left rear now

Originally Posted by RoninEng
Awesome, thank you and sorry for the confusion. I did not mean to cause a fuss with my ignorance. Sorry again
no your good man....we do need a confirmation that # 9 will fit.

another reason i deleted my old post was i was kind of being a **** so my bad....

Last edited by sakataj; 04-26-12 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-26-12, 11:15 AM
philv4572
Driver School Candidate

So our only option ,besides new lower arms from Lexus, is the mount shop in new Zealand?? Can someone please post an email address for them. Thanks
Old 04-26-12, 03:48 PM
RoninEng
Driver

Figs are making some they believe will work, mike is out of the country and said when he gets back he's gonna make sure they are correct.

Irl_car_parts is the eBay user name, they said they had them but never got back to me. They said "next week"
Old 04-29-12, 12:46 AM
anchor
Driver School Candidate

Wait, so are the "TRD Rear Axle Carrier Bushings" that were linked earlier in the first post:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/trd-rear-axl...0-jzs161-17922

Not the correct replacement bushings? I figured they were based on the thread title, but it looks like they're meant for the trailing arm?

I'm actually pretty confused now.

edit:
Linking some diagrams in hopes someone might find them useful or help figuring this out:

edit II: Looks like the bushing that needs to get replaced is the camber bolt bushing?

DIY - Rear Axle Carrier (Knuckle) Bushing Replacement-ncdec.png
DIY - Rear Axle Carrier (Knuckle) Bushing Replacement-bxfaw.png

Last edited by anchor; 04-29-12 at 02:44 AM.
Old 04-29-12, 03:53 AM
RoninEng
Driver

Anchor, they have associated numbers in the description of the item now so it shows the link you posted above with the trailing arm so it's not it. Hopefully they get back to me and tell that number 9 Is on the outside not inside
Old 04-29-12, 04:13 AM
anchor
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, i was hoping that wasn't the case. I was all set to get them installed later today, and finally get rid of the annoying squeaking noise but oh well.

Might as well install them as I'm not about to RMA these puppies all the way back to Japan.

Btw, that schematic they have on the RHDJapan website is a bit confusing. It seems to show the "Rear Lower Arm Bushing Set" mounts near the camber bolt (outside) and the inside position of the "No.2 Lower Suspension arm". How likely would that be?

edit: Based on these pics, the #9 mounting position (inside position) seems to use bushings similar to the ones I linked previously and not the "Rear Lower Arm Bushing Set" that you're inquiring about which seem to resemble the camber bolt bushing.

DIY - Rear Axle Carrier (Knuckle) Bushing Replacement-q8bwu.png
DIY - Rear Axle Carrier (Knuckle) Bushing Replacement-1nxoi.png

Last edited by anchor; 04-29-12 at 05:02 AM.
Old 04-29-12, 06:40 AM
RoninEng
Driver

Damn they do, well hopefully mike from figs gets them and they are correct.
Old 04-29-12, 07:59 AM
lyonkster
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by anchor
Wait, so are the "TRD Rear Axle Carrier Bushings" that were linked earlier in the first post:...Not the correct replacement bushings? I figured they were based on the thread title, but it looks like they're meant for the trailing arm?

I'm actually pretty confused now.
I am confused too, that's why I took the link out. Sorry for the confusion I may have caused. As I said in post 135, the pictures and diagrams are inconsistent on the rhdjapan website, so I would suggest contacting them before ordering.
Old 04-29-12, 12:31 PM
anchor
Driver School Candidate

No worries it's a pretty confusing topic honestly. I did stumble upon this:

http://my.is/forums/f89/rear-knuckle...ng-lca-436154/

For the "rear knuckle lower control arm" on an IS300. I'm not sure if it's compatible but the bushings that everyones been getting on ebay are marketed for the IS200, so there's a chance it might be.

edit: I have heard of others using shaved down BMW bushings.

Last edited by anchor; 04-29-12 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-29-12, 12:44 PM
lyonkster
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I did stumble upon this:

http://my.is/forums/f89/rear-knuckle...ng-lca-436154/

For the "rear knuckle lower control arm" on an IS300. I'm not sure if it's compatible but the bushings that everyones been getting on ebay are marketed for the IS200, so there's a chance it might be.

edit: I have heard of others using shaved down BMW bushings.
The ones I got were for an IS200 and they fit perfectly into the GS430, so my guess is that the IS300 is the same item. But I am not going to vouch for that .
Old 04-29-12, 01:22 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by lyonkster
The ones I got were for an IS200 and they fit perfectly into the GS430, so my guess is that the IS300 is the same item. But I am not going to vouch for that .
If that is the case then my new part might fit all. The only downside is that I do not have a boot option at the moment, just self lubricating and cleaning bearings which have already been proven to work well without boots.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 04-29-12, 03:14 PM
2jslick
Driver School Candidate

Just ordered mine from mount shop in NZ their part number for the bushing is 37h125 for the is200. I must admit if was all done through emails but after a few emails to their stores in nz they where able to process my transaction and email me an invoice. Estimate delivery time is 3 to 10 business days. My advice to all of u looking for this bushing... go to mount shop website click on their store locations and email one of their stores they got back to me extremely fast and took care of me now i wait for my bushings and finally het rid of that noisy mattress
Old 04-29-12, 03:34 PM
anchor
Driver School Candidate

I'm definitely considering it but I'd love to find these locally or from a place a little closer than NZ.

Figs, is this new part of yours available yet for purchase?
Old 04-29-12, 08:20 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

I'm definitely considering it but I'd love to find these locally or from a place a little closer than NZ.

Figs, is this new part of yours available yet for purchase?
I just got parts on the 18th prior to a 10 day trip I just got back from. Planning on verifying quickly and then shipping a few out out for feedback.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions

Quick Reply: DIY - Rear Axle Carrier (Knuckle) Bushing Replacement