Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

New Lower Ball Joints = AWESOME

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-11, 06:54 AM
oslouie
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackgloss
134k miles and yes milellie i agree ... i'm ordering inner and outer tie rods tomorrow. my issue is waiting for everything to arrive and putting it all on at the same time vs. going to the shop as the show up. I think i've stumbled on my new drug... my name is mike and i'm addicted to modding
Stop letting shops take your money on something so simple to do. That's more money towards mods.
Old 10-08-11, 08:33 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by oslouie
Stop letting shops take your money on something so simple to do. That's more money towards mods.
What makes u think i'm letting a shop take my money lol ??? I actually got these slap on for free... and when I do spend money for something its because i support local businesses. I send him clients and he sends clients to me... when its good like that you get love in the shop vs. letting someone take your money. i've been going to my boys shop since day one so its family for me.

I get what you're saying though cause these are easy DIY projects - but in my world there just isnt enough time in the day... when i can just drop off, pick up, and move on with my weekend However, I will have to pay up when my rims, suspension, and exhaust go on... but i'll save a lil by doing it all at once.

Last edited by MikeFoxx; 10-08-11 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-08-11, 11:43 AM
perry05g35
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

134k miles and yes milellie i agree ... i'm ordering inner and outer tie rods tomorrow. my issue is waiting for everything to arrive and putting it all on at the same time vs. going to the shop as the show up. I think i've stumbled on my new drug... my name is mike and i'm addicted to modding
I wouldn't consider this modding this is preventative maintenance.
Old 10-08-11, 12:08 PM
Lexustrung
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

changed mines today can feel a slight difference in a smoother ride, i do advise people to get the ball joints changed especially if you are in the higher mileage area.. ball joints is a fairly easy process, takes about 45 mins if you have the correct tools and know what your doing
Old 10-08-11, 02:14 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by perry05g35
I wouldn't consider this modding this is preventative maintenance.
agreed... but my modding addiction is from getting things together for a twin turbo build... not from swapping ball joints. i figure its gonna take awhile so its all the research, advice, products reviews, and the right tool hands thats creating the addiction i joked about. which is why i'm doing all the no brainer stuff now
Old 10-08-11, 06:27 PM
perry05g35
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

^ Good luck!
Old 10-29-11, 09:55 PM
CREAMMM
Rookie

i'm almost at 180k and i've owned my car since 150k with no information on what type of maintenance the previous owner has done, i'll definitely have to get this done asapulus. >.<
Old 10-30-11, 06:38 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I need to do mine bec my car has 156k and I got it at 60k I doubt the ore owners did it
Old 10-30-11, 08:12 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Yeah... I got mine at 130k and i called the last owner to see if he had it done before i bought um... he had no clue what they were so that was a clear sign to just order them. Cream and The RyanGS... I'd just get them on asap. I saw a guy at the mall yesterday turning into a parking space and his GS just slammed on the fender then the ground... i went over and he said he's just been putting it off... he had 145k
Old 10-30-11, 08:20 PM
CREAMMM
Rookie

Yeah... I got mine at 130k and i called the last owner to see if he had it done before i bought um... he had no clue what they were so that was a clear sign to just order them. Cream and The RyanGS... I'd just get them on asap. I saw a guy at the mall yesterday turning into a parking space and his GS just slammed on the fender then the ground... i went over and he said he's just been putting it off... he had 145k
thanks for the heads up, my next paycheck will be going towards maintenance.
Old 10-30-11, 08:51 PM
GS400Star
Driver School Candidate

hmmmm.......198,000 miles on the original equipment.............should I be worried?
Old 10-30-11, 09:00 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS400Star
hmmmm.......198,000 miles on the original equipment.............should I be worried?
u sound lucky actually... get 5 quick picks for the mega millions
Old 10-30-11, 10:26 PM
bonson
Driver School Candidate

Arrow Hey Perry

Originally Posted by perry05g35
Shops have been telling me that mines are prefectly fine and don't need to be replaced. When I had my car lowered I got new shocks along with the springs then recently had the motor mounts & tranny mounts replaced and noticed my steering is dead on and almost as sharp as my bimmer. I wish there were other 2gs fanatics in San Antonio would love to test out a car that has new LBJ to compare my ride. Glad to see our 2GSs can feel brand new again!
Perry05... I would love to stay in touch with you on this and other matters!
I am in Schertz and am a car enthusiast with a newer acquisition of a 99 GS300. Hoping to also add an 01 to 05 GS430 or IS300 in the future when more funds come along. An alternative to that could be a G35/37 or some other possibles I suppose, but I am very partial to GM and Toyota.

Side Note: due to time it took me in my garage to learn and do the job on Thursday, I only replaced the RH side lower ball joint and tie rod due to necessity , parts I got from Sewell. I've got more to do!!
Funny thing is now the car dont wander to the right.

BUT its (still) out of caster and cant be fixed without replaing the upper control arm with an adjustable UCA according to the Hunter alignment computer. I contacted Sewell for that part so waiting to hear back, and about their Armstrong polyurethane bushinsg they told me are equivalent to Daizen.

Now looking to replace bushings (one is going south) and finish my LH side LBJ and tie rod. I already bought the steering rack bushings from Sewell as well.
Old 10-30-11, 10:29 PM
bonson
Driver School Candidate

BTW - this work and failed BJ is at just over 140K miles on the car
Old 10-31-11, 05:57 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

On that note they will be done this weekend

Quick Reply: New Lower Ball Joints = AWESOME