Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Caliper Cover

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-11, 03:26 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliper Cover

Anyone know where I can find caliper covers in black? Been searching and even EBAY and all they have are those BREMBO covers. Did a search and it's mixed feelings on whether these are a good buy or not vs painting it vs upgrading to a big brake kit.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by g2bme; 10-14-11 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-22-11, 02:11 PM
birador
Lead Lap

got mine from ebay with brembo name,i put the cover that intended for the front to my rear,just make a little cuts and sanding and it fits,i did not put anything in the front since its flat huge brake cali already,
Old 10-22-11, 02:30 PM
birador
Lead Lap

to give you some idea of what i'm trying to explain,here's some crappy pictures or my rear wheels....
Attached Thumbnails Caliper Cover-h-044.jpg   Caliper Cover-h-048.jpg   Caliper Cover-h-045.jpg  
Old 10-23-11, 09:24 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

dont rep what you dont have.
Old 10-24-11, 07:06 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The feelings aren't mixed - they're decidedly AGAINST caliper covers, as they look cheap and awful.

Painting your calipers looks much better and is less expensive. I also don't know if you'd run into clearance issues putting a caliper cover on. Here is a thread of CL members' results after painting their calipers, including mine: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ml#post6673799. Then compare that to the above pictures of birador's caliper covers. It's clear the painted calipers look far better. It's a very simple DIY and is safer and less expensive.

As far as upgrading to a BBK, now you're talking something totally different. You can't compare caliper covers to a BBK - caliper covers are purely for appearance and might cost a few hundred dollars, while BBK's are $2000+ and have big functional benefits as well. Get a BBK because you want a BBK's functionality - if you just want appearance, paint your calipers.

Finally, like taejin said, please, please NEVER rep what you don't have. Don't put Brembo caliper covers on non-Brembo brakes. First off, it's just poor taste, and it makes you look like a poser. Secondly, you're not going to fool anyone. The people who actually know what Brembo is and who you think you'd impress with Brembo caliper covers are the exact same people who are going to laugh endlessly at your cheap plastic knockoff caliper covers.
Old 10-24-11, 01:39 PM
birador
Lead Lap

here's the pics of my front,
now before any comments from our good member,
the rear cover which was labeled brembo was planning to be painted with a red color plastic paint then gonna install a lexus decals/sticker to match my front caliper-
Attached Thumbnails Caliper Cover-rim-001.jpg   Caliper Cover-rim-002.jpg   Caliper Cover-rim-003.jpg  
Old 10-24-11, 01:42 PM
birador
Lead Lap

just showing and idea-it's up to the thread opener to decide where to go
Old 10-24-11, 04:49 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

Originally Posted by taejin09
dont rep what you dont have.
not trying to. I even put on there, i'm trying to just get a caliper cover (with a lexus logo or not). I was trying to avoid painting and just doing simple steps on removing the wheel, putting on the cover and putting the wheel back on.

But being a little smart here, everyone who has replica spoilers or replica lips are repping something they don't have? Sometimes we have budgets or different reasons...don't ASSume that people are purchasing things to represent they have things.
Old 10-24-11, 07:59 PM
birador
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by g2bme
not trying to. I even put on there, i'm trying to just get a caliper cover (with a lexus logo or not). I was trying to avoid painting and just doing simple steps on removing the wheel, putting on the cover and putting the wheel back on.

But being a little smart here, everyone who has replica spoilers or replica lips are repping something they don't have? Sometimes we have budgets or different reasons...don't ASSume that people are purchasing things to represent they have things.
i second on that-
Old 10-25-11, 09:29 AM
SMigone
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

calipercovers.com, There by MGP, I've seen them on a few IS250's and they look great. They will even customize them for you. Good Luck !!!
The following users liked this post:
Felix (03-15-20)
Old 06-01-17, 02:49 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SMigone
calipercovers.com, There by MGP, I've seen them on a few IS250's and they look great. They will even customize them for you. Good Luck !!!
I hope this is the right decision...to revive this pre-historic thread.

Bro, MGP cover is still a cover, hella pricey and most of all FUGLY! Go Brembos or go these.

Found them abandoned at my doorsteps.

Looks like I will go on a short holiday with the $2K I saved up to buy these. Yeh baby yeh!
Old 06-01-17, 02:01 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

RICE - Racing inspired cosmetic enhancement.
Old 06-01-17, 10:26 PM
knyg
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

pros:
looks good

cons:
Traps your brakes in higher temperature (very bad if tracking or driving hard)

fake bbk/brand

Pretty expensive for what it is

i understand looking good but this is something i wouldn't recommend or want to do myself. I'm not against it, I almost bought the blue brembo covers because it was cool. But really, all show and no performance. Actually, negative performance since it keeps your brakes hotter than it should be.

Either way, you do you man. Build and style your car how you want. Good luck!
Old 06-02-17, 12:22 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 608 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by knyg
pros:
looks good
Questionable.

Jeff
Old 06-02-17, 03:31 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

To be honest and frank. If you have money to spare and/or are into mods than the covers are not for you. You'd get ether the F Sport kit or Brembo kit. The other factor is your car, if it's only a couple of years old or less, You would not put these on (even purely for show). But if your car is 10 year plus and you just want to try something new and not into mods or performance there is no reason not to try it. It's all for fun.

I'm sure there are girls out there who carries around fake Chanel bags and other fake accessories ....know what I mean?

Quick Reply: Caliper Cover