Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Rear Strut Tower bar for SC's I made another one...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-11, 03:48 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by v8soarer91
good work keep it up

i think ive seen your post on "another" forum

our chassis is pretty stiff but always could have a little help
Thanks brotha. Every little bit helps.
Old 10-22-11, 09:14 PM
NITROxSC4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those pictures are from the bar thats in MY car. I have had that rear strut tower bar in my car for a week now and I am able to feel a difference. there is a well paved country road near my house that i has an "S" curve in it and i typically take it pretty fast, the rear of the car feels like it always wants to start sliding out, but it now feels solid and feels as if it holds the road better. this new bar design scooter has come up with is well worth the money. there is plenty of room for the stock sub to fit, as well as it clears the vent lines on the tank by more than a couple inches. Also, with one of these bars, it will just add to your ride being more unique than another. i am very pleased with this strut bar!
Old 10-22-11, 09:14 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bar looks good man, the first one looked just as good. Definitely a better job than mine. I still have to weld the braces I put on it. You know what I think should you make (and I know you probably can make it)?--An aluminum splash shield underneath the motor!
Old 10-22-11, 09:18 PM
NITROxSC4
Rookie

there is already a member that makes them. the BFI guy has them
Old 10-22-11, 09:22 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

That looks awesome man. Amazing work.

Are any of you guys honest believers in strut tower bars though? When I ordered my Cusco coilovers, they gifted me a Cusco front strut bar. I honestly, don't think it makes any difference at all besides the looks. Does anyone agree or disagree?
Old 10-22-11, 10:23 PM
NITROxSC4
Rookie

Every bit helps. For handling purposes you want to stiffen the chassis as much as possible. A strut bar alone won't do much for handling, but when combined with a tighter sway bar it will yield great improvement. sway bars prevent body roll. they do what stiffer springs would do, but without lossing as much ride comfort. add that with tighter springs and lower center of gravity and you will deffinitly feel the difference. plus.... professional race cars have them! so you know they play a part in more than just looks!
Old 10-23-11, 12:18 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
That looks awesome man. Amazing work.

Are any of you guys honest believers in strut tower bars though? When I ordered my Cusco coilovers, they gifted me a Cusco front strut bar. I honestly, don't think it makes any difference at all besides the looks. Does anyone agree or disagree?
Wow they gave you a front strut tower bar for FREE. Thats sweet! These bars work, front or rear & ppl that say they dont, well... Im just not sure, what kind of driver they are. Bolt it up, drive it around & tell me, YOU dont feel a differance. Its funny, there are some cars out there that come with, STB's from the factory, BUT there BS right... If they are, why are there so many ppl making them? How can there be SO many delutional drivers out there. People that cant smell the coffee, need to quit telling ppl that CAN, how it smells...

Last edited by spdrcr771; 10-24-11 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-23-11, 12:20 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NITROxSC4
those pictures are from the bar thats in MY car. I have had that rear strut tower bar in my car for a week now and I am able to feel a difference. there is a well paved country road near my house that i has an "S" curve in it and i typically take it pretty fast, the rear of the car feels like it always wants to start sliding out, but it now feels solid and feels as if it holds the road better. this new bar design scooter has come up with is well worth the money. there is plenty of room for the stock sub to fit, as well as it clears the vent lines on the tank by more than a couple inches. Also, with one of these bars, it will just add to your ride being more unique than another. i am very pleased with this strut bar!
Glad you like it Marcus. I wanna go driving on those back roads again when, I get my Stoptech brake's on.
Old 10-23-11, 08:57 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
Wow they gave you a front strut tower bar for FREE. Thats sweet, & if you didnt already put it in. I have no idea where your head is. These bars work, front or rear & ppl that say they dont, well... Im just not sure, what kind of driver they are. Bolt it up, drive it around & tell me, YOU dont feel a differance. Its funny, there are some cars out there that come with, STB's from the factory, BUT there BS right... If they are, why are there so many ppl making them? How can there be SO many delutional drivers out there. People that cant smell the coffee, need to quit telling ppl that CAN, how it smells...
I know man... but I did shell out something like $2250 for the Coilovers (with E-Con) so I guess that was their way of saying thanks. Great coilovers btw, just sucks that the wait time from Japan is so long (they are for a MKIV Supra chassis in case anyone cares).

I think what happened in my case is pretty simple. I guess I installed all my suspension stuff at once so I couldn't really tell what was making the most difference. I installed the coilovers, strut bar, and the Daizen sways at the same time, so I guess it was hard to tell which part made a change in the driving dynamics. I guess the only real way to tell is to install one part at a time to see if a difference was really made or not.

Either way, awesome work man. I bet that SC of yours pulls like a train with that 3UZ. I got a 03 GS430 with a catback exhaust, SRT intake and ECU, and a Blitz throttle cotroller and always wondered what my SC would feel like with that drivetrain... definitely a TON more powerful and smoother than the crappy stock GE motor.
Old 10-23-11, 03:16 PM
NITROxSC4
Rookie

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
Glad you like it Marcus. I wanna go driving on those back roads again when, I get my Stoptech brake's on.
for sure man! those back roads are a blast! it's a fun scenic route on the way to mineral wells airport to go to an autocross event or whatever
Old 10-23-11, 06:03 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Regardless of whether it truly works or not or has already been done, I applaud your hard (and very good) work!
Old 10-24-11, 03:22 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
I know man... but I did shell out something like $2250 for the Coilovers (with E-Con) so I guess that was their way of saying thanks. Great coilovers btw, just sucks that the wait time from Japan is so long (they are for a MKIV Supra chassis in case anyone cares).

I think what happened in my case is pretty simple. I guess I installed all my suspension stuff at once so I couldn't really tell what was making the most difference. I installed the coilovers, strut bar, and the Daizen sways at the same time, so I guess it was hard to tell which part made a change in the driving dynamics. I guess the only real way to tell is to install one part at a time to see if a difference was really made or not.

Either way, awesome work man. I bet that SC of yours pulls like a train with that 3UZ. I got a 03 GS430 with a catback exhaust, SRT intake and ECU, and a Blitz throttle cotroller and always wondered what my SC would feel like with that drivetrain... definitely a TON more powerful and smoother than the crappy stock GE motor.
How do you like those Cusco coilovers. I didnt realize they made them for the Supra. Ive never seen them advertized anywhere. I just went & looked them up & read about them. I wonder how they compair to the Tein Flex that I have. Only 5 way adjustable vs 16 way?

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Regardless of whether it truly works or not or has already been done, I applaud your hard (and very good) work!
Thanks
Old 10-25-11, 08:32 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

You know, I still have yet to get back to you about feedback from the Tanabe made rear strut tower bar, I need to get on it and order myself one.
Old 10-25-11, 09:20 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Ever thought of making your rear stb in a similar fashion like this? (This is the Tanabe rear stb I plan on ordering btw)

Notice how the oem sub woofer was still retained? ^^^

Last edited by CrazySC300; 10-25-11 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-25-11, 09:31 PM
junkyard03
Driver

i cant speak for others but i would def like to have one to make a compare with and with out . someties the little things make a big difference . pm me if you wanna take some of my moola bro . nice job with it

Quick Reply: Rear Strut Tower bar for SC's I made another one...