Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sewell Part alternative to TM Eng

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-11, 09:47 PM
bonson
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok Sewell Lexus says they only sell the steering rack bushings that I already just bought and nothing further for bushings other than OEM (not polyurethane)
Old 10-31-11, 09:54 PM
bonson
Driver School Candidate

Question

Originally Posted by xboostx
I just ordered my Steering rack and caster arm (trailing arm) poly bushings. I paid $112 shipped for everything! I am very happy with the price and the fact that im getting it from a well known lexus dealer. I know people have had trouble with TM so for the people that dont know there is an alternative, now ya do! Just giving the peeps on here a heads up.

Go to sewell parts and search bushings and the select your model. It will show you the 2 sets.

Cheers to people not having to wait months to get bushings!
So that means you went all OEM material instead of polyurethane? ok well except sewel has the steering rack ones in polyurethane
Old 11-01-11, 08:15 PM
aristo123
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

has anyone ever contacted the people who work for TM? i emailed and no one responds.
Old 11-01-11, 09:14 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TM Engineering has got to be the worst company i have tried dealing with. Zero returned emails. How about that for customer service. I have dealt with hundreds of vendors.

I plan on contacting Daizen and letting them how how horrible TM is and if they want to sell more Daizen product, Better find a better distributor.

I wanted steering rack bushings. Ended up buying from Autowearhous.
Old 11-01-11, 11:25 PM
GSVIP408
Driver School Candidate

man i ordered and never came thru, hella pissed off. what a waste of money probally go sewell now
Old 11-01-11, 11:32 PM
xboostx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bonson
So that means you went all OEM material instead of polyurethane? ok well except sewel has the steering rack ones in polyurethane
No i bought the poly units.
Old 11-02-11, 07:30 AM
aristo123
Intermediate

Gah dammit! I hope I didn't just get effed out of $115. I got two emails from them, ofcoarse they are computer generated emails, but they did say my order was being filled. I got my steering bushings from them within a week, so I thought they were good to deal with.
Old 11-05-11, 11:45 AM
xboostx
Lead Lap

Just put the bushings on. The car feels great. And the caster arms bushings made a big difference.

Here is a pic of the bushings and how the caster arms bushings were removed. You have to leave the outer sleeve of the oem bushing in the arm and reuse the inner sleeve on the new poly bushing. And the steering rack bushing were super easy to put on. The caster arm was more difficult cause to get the 2 bolts on the LCA's was a *****.

So for $111, and no headaches from the tm eng. i am happy!

Old 11-05-11, 11:49 AM
xboostx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bonson
txs for info this is exactly what I am in the middle of figuring out/. I bought Sewell's steergin rack bushings and got them and now I requested more info on other bushings. so far I got they sell Armstrong instead of DAizen but they say are same quality however based on what you are saying I better do some good homewrok , nothing like being under the car and then crap - wrong bushings! 99 GS300 BTW
Originally Posted by lexusben
Yes. Originally Sewell listed the Caster Arm Bushing for the 98-2005 Models so I ordered it. However, while it was being shipped I noticed that Sewell had changed the listing so that the bushing only showed up for the 2000-2005 models (I think they meant 2001-2005, but the 2000 GS could also have the beefed up Caster Arm). I emailed Sewell and they told me the bushing would actually not fit my car being a 98 GS and I had to ship the bushing back.

I think that Daizen made 2 separate bushings, 1 for the 98-2000 GS's and the other for the 2001-2005 GS's and there were slightly different install procedures for each bushing (you had to remove the inner sleeve from the arm on 1, and the other was put in with the inner sleeve still intact).

Again I could be wrong, it just depends when the GS received the beefier Caster Arm and whether it was in 2000 or 2001.
I have a 2000 GS400 and the Caster/trailing arm bushings fit. On the package it also said it fits the 99. I would call them though.
Old 11-05-11, 03:07 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

good to hear youre happy!

Still debating on these steering rack bushings or FIGS solid rack bushings...
Old 11-05-11, 07:34 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vwynn
good to hear youre happy!

i thought FIGS hadn't released them yet and he just got a GS rack from sakataj in order to make them.
Old 11-05-11, 09:59 PM
aristo123
Intermediate

I still have not received my order. I placed the order 10/19/11. This is some bull ****.
Old 11-06-11, 10:49 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by vwynn
Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
i thought FIGS hadn't released them yet and he just got a GS rack from sakataj in order to make them.
he HASNT released them yet. he just got the steering rack i sent him and he has been at SEMA so i doubt he has even touched it but i think they will be out in about a month or so

Originally Posted by aristo123
I still have not received my order. I placed the order 10/19/11. This is some bull ****.
dude, do your research next time

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...cl-vendor.html
Old 11-07-11, 08:55 AM
aristo123
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sakataj
he HASNT released them yet. he just got the steering rack i sent him and he has been at SEMA so i doubt he has even touched it but i think they will be out in about a month or so

dude, do your research next time

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...cl-vendor.html
Damn! Yo sakataj, I know how much you don't like when people don't search. So for that I apologize. On the other hand, when I ordered my steering bushings I got them quick. Therefore, I thought I would have another quick turn around time. I sure learned my lesson.
Old 11-07-11, 01:26 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by aristo123
Damn! Yo sakataj, I know how much you don't like when people don't search. So for that I apologize. On the other hand, when I ordered my steering bushings I got them quick. Therefore, I thought I would have another quick turn around time. I sure learned my lesson.
this thread just quickly is turning into a bashing TM thread which goes hand in hand with the link i posted....not to mention this thread belongs in the suspension sub section of the board

sewell/carson both make replacement steering rack bushings and castor bushings so avoiding TM is now a moot point. soon FIGS will have a solid steering rack bushing made for those of us wanting them and shortly he is gonna make a castor arm replacement bushing also

Last edited by sakataj; 11-07-11 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Sewell Part alternative to TM Eng