Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sewell Part alternative to TM Eng

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-11, 07:11 PM
aristo123
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
this thread just quickly is turning into a bashing TM thread which goes hand in hand with the link i posted....not to mention this thread belongs in the suspension sub section of the board

sewell/carson both make replacement steering rack bushings and castor bushings so avoiding TM is now a moot point. soon FIGS will have a solid steering rack bushing made for those of us wanting them and shortly he is gonna make a castor arm replacement bushing also
Well, I'm going to be contacting carson or sewell next. Unless someone on the site wants to sell me their kit.

Anyways, the alternative is pretty much sewell and carson.....right?
Old 11-07-11, 07:19 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aristo123
Well, I'm going to be contacting carson or sewell next. Unless someone on the site wants to sell me their kit.

Anyways, the alternative is pretty much sewell and carson.....right?
there are other places. I suggest supporting a sponsor. Buy from either of those places!
Old 11-08-11, 10:30 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
there are other places. I suggest supporting a sponsor. Buy from either of those places!
hey now.....FIGS is also a sponsor,mike (just messing cause i know you know this).....he's good to buy from too aristo123

let me tell you this, i bought 2 sets of steering rack bushings from TM for myself and a local member to combine his silly shipping price....i got them within 5 days no issues several months l8r i ordered the control arm bushings and they took me 60 days to get. no lie..... its hit or miss with todd now-a-days.if people wanna avoid him and his issues, sewell and carson have stepped up to the plate and had these kits made (well they just sell the castor arm bushings not the whole front end kit like he has) and FIGS has another aftermarket ones for people who need/want more than the OEM design. i have used all 3 and they all good people to buy from....you wont have any of the issues with them like some people do with todd @ TM
Old 11-08-11, 01:27 PM
850Lexus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now I just called a Sewell Lexus in Dallas yesterday and they told me they no longer carry any bushings for the castor arm and that I had to buy the whole arm.... I need castor bushing badly. Driving on the hwy is becoming dangerous

Ok I just looked on their website and found them for 68 bucks. There is a warning about reusing the metal sleeve that is such PITA to remove. Has anyone used these bushings from Sewell?

Last edited by 850Lexus; 11-08-11 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-10-11, 04:23 AM
TRBOSQRL
Rookie

i am guessing aristo123 received his package already.only thing that sucks is the turn around rate at tm engineering.but it is a 1 stop shop for all of the key suspension components is needed
Old 11-10-11, 05:08 AM
TRBOSQRL
Rookie

on daizens web site their are 2 other authorized dealers ,why just buy from tm engineering
Old 11-10-11, 05:27 AM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSVIP408
Ordered steering rack bushings month ago from TM never came thru, sent emails and never email back. GO TO SEWELL
Did you cancel your order with them then?
Old 11-10-11, 07:13 AM
850Lexus
Pole Position

Because the no longer sell them. From everyone I spoke too, TM was the only distributor for Daizen. So everyone that had sold them had to go thru what we are going thru and gave up on dealing with the hassle.
Old 11-11-11, 08:39 PM
aristo123
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 850Lexus
Now I just called a Sewell Lexus in Dallas yesterday and they told me they no longer carry any bushings for the castor arm and that I had to buy the whole arm.... I need castor bushing badly. Driving on the hwy is becoming dangerous

Ok I just looked on their website and found them for 68 bucks. There is a warning about reusing the metal sleeve that is such PITA to remove. Has anyone used these bushings from Sewell?
Hmm, that's wierd. I just ordered a pair of bushings for the caster arms from sewell on Tuesday. I called to verify that they had them in stock and the guy I talked to said they had 18 of them in stock. I ordered them online because the price was cheaper, they sell for 35 a piece online. Calling and placing the order over the phone will cost you 45 a piece. I have not received them but I'm expecting them soon.
Old 11-11-11, 08:40 PM
aristo123
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sakataj
hey now.....FIGS is also a sponsor,mike (just messing cause i know you know this).....he's good to buy from too aristo123

let me tell you this, i bought 2 sets of steering rack bushings from TM for myself and a local member to combine his silly shipping price....i got them within 5 days no issues several months l8r i ordered the control arm bushings and they took me 60 days to get. no lie..... its hit or miss with todd now-a-days.if people wanna avoid him and his issues, sewell and carson have stepped up to the plate and had these kits made (well they just sell the castor arm bushings not the whole front end kit like he has) and FIGS has another aftermarket ones for people who need/want more than the OEM design. i have used all 3 and they all good people to buy from....you wont have any of the issues with them like some people do with todd @ TM
I've purchased from figs before, he is a good guy to deal with. But I didn't know he was doing bushings. Then again, I didn't have these issues with my is300.
Old 11-11-11, 08:47 PM
aristo123
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TRBOSQRL
i am guessing aristo123 received his package already.only thing that sucks is the turn around rate at tm engineering.but it is a 1 stop shop for all of the key suspension components is needed
I have not. I figured if the kit I ordered from tm comes in at the same time or later then my sewell order then ill post it for sale in the classifieds.
Old 11-12-11, 06:16 AM
TRBOSQRL
Rookie

damn this sucks my caster arm bushings are on there way,the whole kit is its only a couple of hundred now since tm is the wind i have purchase all of these bushings separately.where can i find a kit for a 01 gs300
Old 11-12-11, 07:29 AM
aristo123
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TRBOSQRL
damn this sucks my caster arm bushings are on there way,the whole kit is its only a couple of hundred now since tm is the wind i have purchase all of these bushings separately.where can i find a kit for a 01 gs300
That's the big question.....this thread is an alternative to tm engineering. Some members have said that you can order the kit from jegs, I didn't call them so I don't know what they sell. Carson also sells the bushings but they sell each one separate and that's gonna be expensive. They sell the caster bushing for 48 a piece and I did verify that they had them in stock. As far as the whole kit, so far no one has it for $100. No one sells a kit except tm.
Old 11-12-11, 09:49 AM
aristo123
Intermediate

well i feel like an idiot. The bushings i ordered from sewell are infact for 2000-2005 GS300, i have a 98 Gs. Carsons website shows 1998-2000, 2001-2005 gs300 are the same. The bushings have arrived from sewell, and the package they come in says 1999-2005. Im a bit confused

Last edited by aristo123; 11-12-11 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-12-11, 04:30 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Anyone ???????

Quick Reply: Sewell Part alternative to TM Eng