Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sewell Part alternative to TM Eng

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-11, 08:58 PM
aristo123
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any other correspondence, inquiries, questions, product suggestions or comments can be forwarded to Daizen Sport Tuning at info@daizensporttuning.com.

I copied and pasted the above information so someone who is really smart and good with words can let Daizen know that tm engineering is slacking on helping customers. Its says on their website, " for technical support contact TM engineering." i think we have all tried that. It also says that any lexus dealers interested in carrying daizen products to contact info@daizensporttuning.com
Old 11-13-11, 09:32 AM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aristo123
Any other correspondence, inquiries, questions, product suggestions or comments can be forwarded to Daizen Sport Tuning at info@daizensporttuning.com.

I copied and pasted the above information so someone who is really smart and good with words can let Daizen know that tm engineering is slacking on helping customers. Its says on their website, " for technical support contact TM engineering." i think we have all tried that. It also says that any lexus dealers interested in carrying daizen products to contact info@daizensporttuning.com
I contacted Daizen about TM and to become a distributor. No reply. That was sent on 11/1. Seems like they are just as bad.
Old 11-13-11, 11:52 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
I contacted Daizen about TM and to become a distributor. No reply. That was sent on 11/1. Seems like they are just as bad.
i tried a year or so ago mike, i wanted to become a dealer and help reestablish their name..... no replies, never heard anything from tm or daizen or any of the other sources i used to make contact
Old 11-14-11, 04:05 AM
TRBOSQRL
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hope u receive your product from tm engineering,i was going to order everything from his company,but with all the problems i glad i did not. HEY ARISTO123 IF U RECEIVE THEM B4 CHRISTMAS PM ME I WILL BUY THE KIT FROM U
Old 11-14-11, 12:59 PM
aristo123
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TRBOSQRL
hope u receive your product from tm engineering,i was going to order everything from his company,but with all the problems i glad i did not. HEY ARISTO123 IF U RECEIVE THEM B4 CHRISTMAS PM ME I WILL BUY THE KIT FROM U
Sure will man.

So I got some news.....sewell only carries the 2001 to 2005 caster bushings. The 98-00 is a bit smaller so therefore there is a different bushing made. I called carson/l-tuned and they sell and stock both bushings but they are not daizen, they are PSB(problem solving bushings). Another place to find these infamous bushings is Exact motorsports, and they also have them for the 98-00 model gs, as well as for the is300. But, you have to specify your year when ordering. Ordering from Exact will cost you a bit more, $116 shipped! Quite a bit more then carson and sewell but its an alternative. Plus they pick up when you call. Exact also stocks them, keep in mind they are not daizen products. According to Exact motorsports, they have not been able to carry daizen products for over 3 years now. Hope this helps a bit. I have now ordered the bushing from three different companies now. Sucks cuz I should have just bought 03 and up arms.
Old 11-14-11, 10:53 PM
bonson
Driver School Candidate

I still havent done anymore on the 99 GS300. just have the steering rack bushings from Sewell sitting here. As I understood Darrel told me do not have any other bushings (upgrade or polyurethane etc) to offer (just stock OEM parts).
I am thinking of buying those aftermarket adjustable complete upper control arms
Old 11-15-11, 05:15 AM
TRBOSQRL
Rookie

i thought 01 and up are the same as 03 control arms
Old 11-15-11, 06:11 AM
xboostx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aristo123
Sure will man.

So I got some news.....sewell only carries the 2001 to 2005 caster bushings. The 98-00 is a bit smaller so therefore there is a different bushing made. I called carson/l-tuned and they sell and stock both bushings but they are not daizen, they are PSB(problem solving bushings). Another place to find these infamous bushings is Exact motorsports, and they also have them for the 98-00 model gs, as well as for the is300. But, you have to specify your year when ordering. Ordering from Exact will cost you a bit more, $116 shipped! Quite a bit more then carson and sewell but its an alternative. Plus they pick up when you call. Exact also stocks them, keep in mind they are not daizen products. According to Exact motorsports, they have not been able to carry daizen products for over 3 years now. Hope this helps a bit. I have now ordered the bushing from three different companies now. Sucks cuz I should have just bought 03 and up arms.
I have a 2000 GS4 and installed the poly bushings from sewell.
Old 11-15-11, 10:54 AM
aristo123
Intermediate

Xboostx you have a pm.

Soon I will have the next set of bushings I just ordered from carson/l-tuned and I will compare them to the first set I got from sewell. The first set claims to be for 00-05 but I think they meant 01(who knows). The second set from carson is said to be for 98-00 so I will see if there is a size differance. Then I will send back the first set or sell them to someone in need of bushings this way I don't have to wait for sewell to credit me. Ill keep you guys posted. I'm expecting the new bushings Thursday.
Old 11-15-11, 12:12 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

i thought 01 and up are the same as 03 control arms
they are,the change to the arms was done in 2001...
Old 11-16-11, 04:09 AM
TRBOSQRL
Rookie

okay i seen how to install the daizen bushings,is there a difference of installation of the caster arm bushings from sewell.after u press out the factory ones the daizen goes right in.sewell had a disclaimer talking about reusing theinner sleeves .
Old 11-16-11, 05:53 AM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This sucks, i ordered my control arm bushing kit from tm 3 weeks ago and i hope to get it around Christmas when i have a few days off to install everything. I have no idea why this guy still has a website and still takes peoples money but has no number, doesnt respond to emails but idiots such as myself still put up their credit card info for a robbery. Anybody wants to go knock on his door cor me and ask him where d-boi's bushings are lol.
Old 11-16-11, 09:12 AM
aristo123
Intermediate

okay i seen how to install the daizen bushings,is there a difference of installation of the caster arm bushings from sewell.after u press out the factory ones the daizen goes right in.sewell had a disclaimer talking about reusing theinner sleeves .
I believe with the sewell/carson bushings you re-use the middle sleeve that the large bolt goes through. You will also re-use the metal sleeve that the old rubber is held in by. It is not very noticeable when looking at it. So don't use a press to remove the old one, you may want to try the other methods used. Some guys burn the rubber until it melts out, some use a wire wheel that you attact to a drill and pretty much scrape all the rubber out. Once you have the opening all cleaned out and all the rubber removed from the middle sleeve aswell, you then press the new bushing in place and the middle sleeve. You may just have to try different ways.
Old 11-17-11, 11:30 AM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The 2000 GS model had the beefier arm. It was the first year of the revision. From 6/2000-2005, all models had the beefier caster arm. Models from 98-99 had the skinnier arm.

It is said, although not proven that the 2003-2005 caster arms had the TRD bushings in them
Old 11-19-11, 11:16 AM
850Lexus
Pole Position

Well I just ordered some castor bushing for my 2000 GS3 from Sewell. The only thing mentioned was to use the metal sleeve( that is suppose to be such a PITA to remove) and leave it in.

I hope they will fit with no problems.

Quick Reply: Sewell Part alternative to TM Eng