Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sewell Part alternative to TM Eng

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-11, 03:30 PM
bigL
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know what all is included in the tm kit? Reason I ask is Im going to upgrade my my upper control arms and want to rebuild my lower bushings when I do. Im going to buy the carson caster bushings and was wondering what other bushngs the tm kit had that I couldnt get elsewhere. Also Im wanting the bigger caster arms and it sounds like that off an 01+????Thanks
Old 11-19-11, 07:24 PM
aristo123
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigL
Does anyone know what all is included in the tm kit? Reason I ask is Im going to upgrade my my upper control arms and want to rebuild my lower bushings when I do. Im going to buy the carson caster bushings and was wondering what other bushngs the tm kit had that I couldnt get elsewhere. Also Im wanting the bigger caster arms and it sounds like that off an 01+????Thanks
The daizen kit that tm supposedly sells comes with the upper control arm bushings, the lower control arm bushings and the caster/trailing arm bushings. I have an extra set of 01-05 carson bushings for sale. pm me and ill give you info.
Old 11-19-11, 08:54 PM
aristo123
Intermediate

Just so everyone dealing with this issue knows there are two different bushings for the 2 GS. I know its been asked several times in this thread but i went ahead and made the mistake and ordered both. If you look at the photo below you will notice the size difference and the part number difference. Take a look........
Notice the one on the left is smaller, that is the one for the 98-00 caster arms. The one to the right is for the 01-05

I believe that if you own a 01 Gs300/400/430 you may need to double check when it was produced. Because you may end up with the wrong bushings. SO, before you order make sure your caster arms look like mine if you want the 98-00.

Notice the packaging says to not remove the outer ring and to re-use the inner sleeve. Also, you should be able to see that the one on the left says 536 and the one on the right says 537. 536=98-00 537=01-05

Look at the left one, its smaller yet taller on one end. The one on the right is the same on both ends.

Once pressed in, this is how it looks. The taller/skinner end goes upward, it touches the bottom of the car.

Old 11-20-11, 07:53 AM
TRBOSQRL
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so did you burn out the oil 1 and pressed in the psb.it would have been nice if u made a diy.since the bushings
do not come with lube.what should i use
Old 11-20-11, 10:29 AM
aristo123
Intermediate

I started to burn one of them but it was taking way to long since I don't have a torch. So, I then put the arm into a vice, and cut away at the rubber with an small saw that I have. Once the center was cut out I then used the same saw to scrape out the remaining rubber. Once I was content with that, I lubbed the bushing and the inside of the caster arm, and put the caster arm to the side while I press the inner sleeve into the bushing itself. Once the inner sleeve is pressed in you may grab the caster arm and set the bushing into place and begin to press the busing and sleeve into the caster arm. I was running out of time so once I started I didn't continue to take pics.
Old 11-20-11, 10:45 AM
bigL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aristo123
The daizen kit that tm supposedly sells comes with the upper control arm bushings, the lower control arm bushings and the caster/trailing arm bushings. I have an extra set of 01-05 carson bushings for sale. pm me and ill give you info.
So are the lower control arm bushings available someplace other than tm? I dont need the uppers.
Old 11-20-11, 11:09 AM
xboostx
Lead Lap

When mine were being torched out it was crazy how it looked. I gotta check i think i took video.
Old 11-20-11, 11:14 AM
aristo123
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bigL
So are the lower control arm bushings available someplace other than tm? I dont need the uppers.
By lower control arm you mean the lower control arm #2 right? carson which is l-tuned sells them. They stock these on a regular basis. Call them and ask for the parts department and ask for luis. The guy know his parts, he was the one who helped me get the right bushings. I believe they also sell the lower control arm #1 bushings, but im not sure. I have not gotten to that point. Exactmotorsports sell the lower control arm #2 bushings also. They are a little bit more on price.
Old 11-20-11, 11:32 AM
bigL
Pole Position

By lower control arm you mean the lower control arm #2 right? carson which is l-tuned sells them. They stock these on a regular basis. Call them and ask for the parts department and ask for luis. The guy know his parts, he was the one who helped me get the right bushings. I believe they also sell the lower control arm #1 bushings, but im not sure. I have not gotten to that point. Exactmotorsports sell the lower control arm #2 bushings also. They are a little bit more on price.
By lower control arm I am referring to lower arm #1. Im looking to buy your #2 bushings but would like to find lower arm#1 bushings as well. reason I ask is my car is already torn down and Id like to just do them all. If I can find lower arm#1 ill buy your arm #2 bushings but if I cant I may just have to roll the dice on tm coming through with a complete kit.Thx
Old 11-20-11, 11:53 AM
850Lexus
Pole Position

Hit up Sewell. They have a 1500 kit that replaces all of the components up front but you can buy them individually.
Old 11-20-11, 12:10 PM
bigL
Pole Position

Thanks alot guys. FYI my gs4 of over ten years now was carelessly hit and totaled a little over a year ago Shes coming back together now and will be badder than ever. I'll post some before and after pics when done. She wont be another RIP gs.
Old 11-21-11, 07:49 AM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Just so everyone dealing with this issue knows there are two different bushings for the 2 GS. I know its been asked several times in this thread but i went ahead and made the mistake and ordered both. If you look at the photo below you will notice the size difference and the part number difference. Take a look........
Notice the one on the left is smaller, that is the one for the 98-00 caster arms. The one to the right is for the 01-05

I believe that if you own a 01 Gs300/400/430 you may need to double check when it was produced. Because you may end up with the wrong bushings. SO, before you order make sure your caster arms look like mine if you want the 98-00.

Notice the packaging says to not remove the outer ring and to re-use the inner sleeve. Also, you should be able to see that the one on the left says 536 and the one on the right says 537. 536=98-00 537=01-05

Look at the left one, its smaller yet taller on one end. The one on the right is the same on both ends.

Once pressed in, this is how it looks. The taller/skinner end goes upward, it touches the bottom of the car.

I own a 2000 and I have the larger arm.
Old 11-21-11, 09:31 AM
850Lexus
Pole Position

Aristo123 or anyone for that matter!!!

Is it possible to get you to measure the thickness of the indention of the bushing. I ordered from Sewell last weekend before I take the arms off I would like to be able to just measure the thickness of the arm where the bushing goes into. That way I can confirm if I have the correct bushings.
Old 11-21-11, 01:09 PM
aristo123
Intermediate

Originally Posted by repugnante
I own a 2000 and I have the larger arm.
Then you would be one of the few that have that. You would need the bushing on the right.
Old 11-21-11, 01:14 PM
aristo123
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 850Lexus
Aristo123 or anyone for that matter!!!

Is it possible to get you to measure the thickness of the indention of the bushing. I ordered from Sewell last weekend before I take the arms off I would like to be able to just measure the thickness of the arm where the bushing goes into. That way I can confirm if I have the correct bushings.
So sorry bro, I just shipped them out this morning. But there is a thread with pics that shows the two different arms side by side. Its one of the sticky threads. Anyhow, look that up and then compare your arm to the ones you have. Just peek under the car, you should be able to see from the side. If not, call carson and ask for luis zalazar in parts. he knows which ones you need, unless you have a 2000 GS.

Quick Reply: Sewell Part alternative to TM Eng