Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F-Sport front inner tire wear

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-11, 09:31 AM
Denver
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport front inner tire wear

i was just wondering if anyone else's inner tire is wearing. i just put my car on the alignment rack and the front end is in spec but my inner tires are still wearing.
Old 11-19-11, 11:25 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

What is your toe in?
Old 11-19-11, 12:19 PM
Denver
Lead Lap

^^ yeah, according to the machine, my toe are in spec. i set the toe angle to 0.3-0.4
Old 11-19-11, 12:28 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Yours is the 350 with F-Sport package rite? Didn't change the suspensions or anything?

Seems like something is off..

For me even thou it's a 250 with F-Sport package this is what I have and do not have problems. Just normal scalloping on the outer edge.

-0.61 degrees for both front left and right for camber.
0.8mm toe for both front left and right
Old 11-19-11, 01:37 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

Seeing you have a brand new 2011 model and it is pre-maturely wearing tires I'd take that knowledge back to the dealership. When I got my `06 350 sports pkg in April `11 my 350 needed tires ASAP. Not only bad weathering on the sidewalls...but the OE Dunlops that were on it were also wearing on the inside more as well. Car was completely stock and never been in an accident.
Old 11-19-11, 03:36 PM
Denver
Lead Lap

yes i have a 2011 350 F-Sport and the suspension is not modded besides the rear sway bar. one of the service guy said thats how it is for the IS and GS and that i just have to deal with it (-.-)
Old 11-19-11, 03:52 PM
NastyIS
Driver

I recently discovered it's a common problem with the IS. I'm not sure if the specs are the same on my 06 as they are on a 2011 F Sport. I did a lot of reading on CL and it seemed that 0.0 may be the best for treadwear according to some CL members that seemed to have a good bit of knowledge on the matter. I called a local shop and was told that setting 0.0, even was though was within specs, would cause driveability issues. I had a different shop set the front toe @ 0.0 anyway when I had new tires put on recently and driveability seems fine. I haven't had the new tires on long enough to show any abnormal wear issues though.
Old 11-19-11, 03:55 PM
NastyIS
Driver

Originally Posted by Denver
yes i have a 2011 350 F-Sport and the suspension is not modded besides the rear sway bar. one of the service guy said thats how it is for the IS and GS and that i just have to deal with it (-.-)
BTW, what part of Ga? I'm in the Augusta area.
Old 11-19-11, 04:22 PM
Sango
Pole Position

That's what they seem to say.

Most likely the alignment got out of whack when you got it. Could of been during the transportation of the vehicle on the cargo ship when it was comming from Japan. The cargo could of gotten banged (no the car), therefore could of made the alignment out and the same for the geometry. At the factory, the car was most likely aligned correctly before then.

I would get it done at the alignment shop that knows that they are doing. The alignment person I go to, apparently adjusts the subframe to correct the geometry of the car which balances the cambers since the camber itself isn't adjuatable.
Old 11-19-11, 06:11 PM
Denver
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NastyIS
BTW, what part of Ga? I'm in the Augusta area.
im in gwinnett. im like 2 hours from augusta but i go up there every now and then to visit my sister because she goes to MCG.

Originally Posted by Sango
That's what they seem to say.

Most likely the alignment got out of whack when you got it. Could of been during the transportation of the vehicle on the cargo ship when it was comming from Japan. The cargo could of gotten banged (no the car), therefore could of made the alignment out and the same for the geometry. At the factory, the car was most likely aligned correctly before then.

I would get it done at the alignment shop that knows that they are doing. The alignment person I go to, apparently adjusts the subframe to correct the geometry of the car which balances the cambers since the camber itself isn't adjuatable.
well i have an alignment machine at my shop. everything was in spec except the rear camber. do you know if the ISF have the same problem?
Old 11-19-11, 06:15 PM
Sango
Pole Position

im in gwinnett. im like 2 hours from augusta but i go up there every now and then to visit my sister because she goes to MCG.

well i have an alignment machine at my shop. everything was in spec except the rear camber. do you know if the ISF have the same problem?
Yes, IS-F is also experiences the similar issues. One of the tests there owners are doing there and same with the IS is trying near 0 toe or 0 toe.

What are your current camber's at? If you could adjust the subframe and balance things out, it could make it better.

Last edited by Sango; 11-19-11 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-19-11, 08:17 PM
Denver
Lead Lap

^^ i forgot what my camber spec's were but they are in the green
Old 11-19-11, 08:26 PM
Sango
Pole Position

In the green does not necessarily imply it is dialed in percisely for the car since green means it is within acceptable range in the specs. It can be in spec green, but on the very extreme edge of being out for instance.
Old 11-20-11, 01:10 PM
Denver
Lead Lap

^^ yeah i know but on my machine, it say .4 is centered for toe. i guess ill have to find somone to adjust the subframe.
Old 11-20-11, 03:25 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

It's normal on all the IS. The way it was design suspension. Some member are lucky to get 25k out of there tires.

Quick Reply: F-Sport front inner tire wear