Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

All new bushing advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-11, 01:02 PM
DetGS430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All new bushing advice

I need to replace the bushings on my car. So far I've changed inner/outer tie rods, ball joints and still have the shaking and clunking. Since Daizen is out of the question and TMengineering doesn't respond to emails. What other options do I have to change the bushings.

So far I've found the LCA#2 bushing and steering rack bushings but, can't find anything for the LCA#1 bushing and the upper control arm.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of other kits that could be purchased to replace these?

Thanks.
Old 12-08-11, 07:34 AM
arkadyzv
Driver School Candidate

I'm also looking for the same thing, the only thing I found is full aftermarket arms but no replacement bushings. It looks like thats the only way to go.
Old 12-17-11, 04:50 PM
garabaldy
Driver School Candidate

X 2 ,,,,,,,,,me too
Old 12-17-11, 06:03 PM
diamondmit
Driver

Default OK, this is out of left field but....

I have the shaking and loose suspension/steering feel and I finally went back to the dealer and discussed it with the shop foreman. He replaced my inner tie rods (didn't know I had these) and the intermediate shaft (which I believe spans between the steering wheel and the steering rack). This is after already replacing the shocks, ball joints, sway bar bushings, steering rack bushings, tie rod ends and some other parts. Bottom line - a miraculous transformation. This is what I have been trying to accomplish for years. Tight feeling suspension and steering control. No more rattling front end. I don't know if you have the same challenges, but I encourage you to explore to see if these fixes with benefit you. good luck!
dd
Old 12-17-11, 07:51 PM
garabaldy
Driver School Candidate

I have those exact symptoms. so how much did it cost for intermediate steering shaft?
Old 12-18-11, 02:47 AM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DetGS430
I need to replace the bushings on my car. So far I've changed inner/outer tie rods, ball joints and still have the shaking and clunking. Since Daizen is out of the question and TMengineering doesn't respond to emails. What other options do I have to change the bushings.

So far I've found the LCA#2 bushing and steering rack bushings but, can't find anything for the LCA#1 bushing and the upper control arm.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of other kits that could be purchased to replace these?

Thanks.
where did you purchase the caster arm bushings from?
Old 12-18-11, 07:23 AM
jolsamuel
Driver School Candidate

On these cars you have to replace the whole front end to make it feel like new again, i replaced bushings, ball joints, control arms and tie rods, it improved a little. So decided to replace what was left of the suspension and that was it, like new again, it was a combination of all these bad parts what was creating rattle and clunks, and I know its expensive but its a Lexus.
Old 12-18-11, 01:50 PM
garabaldy
Driver School Candidate

Jolsamuel, So what was the last thing you replaced that finally fixed it?
Old 12-19-11, 12:43 PM
milellie11
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

After this suspension crap with my GS, i don't think i'm getting a Lexus again. Im ready to dump it. It just doesn't have the build quality of German sedans. I've replaced just about my whole front suspension as well(caster arms,lower control arms,upper control arms, outer tie rods, inner tie rods, ball joints, shocks) and the steering wheel still feels like it's ready to come loose and shake going over bumps changing the direction of the car. Yeah, i'm the stock chrome 17's and some folks say this could be the issue. But Lexus would be stupid to offer these as factory oem wheels and the car drives like this.
Old 12-21-11, 03:17 PM
jolsamuel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by garabaldy
Jolsamuel, So what was the last thing you replaced that finally fixed it?
Well, I replaced inner tie rods, sway bar links and bushings, wheel bearings,upper strut bushings, and decided to re-torque everything to spec. After that and an alignment of course, I could not believe the ride quality, not a single noise, I remember telling myself: "Now this is a Lexus".