Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Megan lowering springs review!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-11, 01:25 PM
eagleeye
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent0024
"Eagleeye", the front RCAs were basically "free" since I've made them. The rear I got used for $2xx. These springs will not settle. How the car looks on the first day of lowering will be pretty much the same six months later.
You made your own RXA's? You must have skills! How are they holding up? Do you have before and after pics? How much do you charge if I'm interested in getting some?
Old 12-08-11, 01:41 PM
MorphiuGS
Driver School Candidate

Looks good, not a bad drop for just springs.
Old 12-08-11, 02:20 PM
Agent0024
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had access to a machine shop at the time so I cut out a few sets of various height on the lathe and CNC machine. Unfortunately they are not for sale and I will not be making anymore.

Here's the specification of the front RCAs if you want to make them yourself.
Name:  Agent0024.jpg
Views: 2668
Size:  33.6 KB
Below is the link for the Solid Works file. Before picture is just like what the OP posted.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RCIZOWHL

Originally Posted by eagleeye
You made your own RXA's? You must have skills! How are they holding up? Do you have before and after pics? How much do you charge if I'm interested in getting some?
Old 12-08-11, 06:24 PM
eagleeye
Rookie

Originally Posted by MorphiuGS
Looks good, not a bad drop for just springs.
Thanks bro...
Old 12-09-11, 06:11 AM
eagleeye
Rookie

[QUOTE=eagleeye;6869683] 1Stop Garage(321) 422-0938 They cost me $150 shipped to my door step. Not a bad price for some lowering springs.
Old 01-22-12, 07:21 PM
Acer
Lead Lap

Very nice....
Old 01-23-12, 10:25 AM
Acer
Lead Lap

Any updated pics?Did the lower a bit more?Where did you buy them?
Old 01-23-12, 07:24 PM
eagleeye
Rookie

Originally Posted by acer9103
Any updated pics?Did the lower a bit more?Where did you buy them?
Not yet.. I'll take some probably this week. The drop changed slightly in the rear, not enough to write home about. I'm waiting on FIGS toe links so that I can get rid of my camber issues.
Old 03-09-12, 06:51 AM
SC300-T
Rookie

If you don't mind, could you take some closer pics of the fender area so we can see how close it is in the front and rear?
Old 03-09-12, 07:03 AM
eagleeye
Rookie

Originally Posted by SC300-T
If you don't mind, could you take some closer pics of the fender area so we can see how close it is in the front and rear?
I should have some up by next Wednesday.
Old 03-09-12, 10:55 AM
Bigliquid
Driver School Candidate

Looks good I've been trying to decide on some lowering springs myself but I've decided to just go coilovers just so I know I'll be happy with whatever drop I want, but great review thanks
Old 03-15-12, 03:42 PM
eagleeye
Rookie

So after riding on these springs for about 5 months i decided to update you all with some pics.
as far as the ride quality these springs and my stock shock ride really nice. the only downside is that the drop is even. The left side sits a tad lower than my right side. when i went in for an alignment, it shows how uneven my car is through the spec print out. This isnt that big of a deal to me considering how old the car is. so without further a due...... heres my lexi!
Attached Thumbnails Megan lowering springs review!!!-dsc00899-1-.jpg   Megan lowering springs review!!!-photo-2-.jpg   Megan lowering springs review!!!-photo-3-.jpg  
Old 03-18-12, 07:03 AM
SC300-T
Rookie

Thanks for the updates pics. Cars looks very nice. Whats the part number for these springs? I was talking to a guy with a shop and he swore up and down that Megan does not have any for the 300 and only has them for the 400. He also stated that they will fit the 300, but because the 400 has a heavier motor, the car might sit a lil higher in the front when installed on a 300.
Old 03-18-12, 07:31 PM
eagleeye
Rookie

Originally Posted by SC300-T
Thanks for the updates pics. Cars looks very nice. Whats the part number for these springs? I was talking to a guy with a shop and he swore up and down that Megan does not have any for the 300 and only has them for the 400. He also stated that they will fit the 300, but because the 400 has a heavier motor, the car might sit a lil higher in the front when installed on a 300.
Well i'm not totally sure about that, when i received my box it stated that these springs where for the 300/400/ & 430. I do agree that after installing these springs the rear dropped the car closer to the wheels than the front. Over time the spring settled more so i am some what content.
I would like to add a front RCA that's approximately 18mm. Then that will close the wheel gap enough to even the gs out. I am still running stock struts and i plan to replace the front with bilsteins. I hope that modification will drop the front a little more. Over all if your looking for a nice drop with a quality ride these springs are the way to go.
Old 03-19-12, 11:18 PM
SC300-T
Rookie

Originally Posted by eagleeye
Well i'm not totally sure about that, when i received my box it stated that these springs where for the 300/400/ & 430. I do agree that after installing these springs the rear dropped the car closer to the wheels than the front. Over time the spring settled more so i am some what content.
I would like to add a front RCA that's approximately 18mm. Then that will close the wheel gap enough to even the gs out. I am still running stock struts and i plan to replace the front with bilsteins. I hope that modification will drop the front a little more. Over all if your looking for a nice drop with a quality ride these springs are the way to go.
ok cool! Whats the part number for the ones that you have?

Quick Reply: Megan lowering springs review!!!