Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Need Rear Suspension Help PLZ!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-12, 07:08 PM
Acer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol! sorry didn't see the date
Old 01-23-12, 07:31 PM
eagleeye
Rookie

I talked with mike from FIGS and my shipment is on it's way. Should be here by Tuesday no later than Wednesday.
Old 01-24-12, 01:44 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You may have toe-in...which causes inner tire wear....the stock toe arms are adjustable, using a bolt similar to the oem camber bolt. It may not have enough range due to lowering, so adjustable toe arms with even more range will be needed to adjusts your toe back to spec range.

Inner wear may be caused by negative camber as well. Again, the OEM camber bolt is limited in range, esp if the car is lowered. To gain more range, you need either an RCA kit, or adjustable lower arms.

Good luck.
Old 01-27-12, 05:33 AM
eagleeye
Rookie

Originally Posted by PHML
You may have toe-in...which causes inner tire wear....the stock toe arms are adjustable, using a bolt similar to the oem camber bolt. It may not have enough range due to lowering, so adjustable toe arms with even more range will be needed to adjusts your toe back to spec range.

Inner wear may be caused by negative camber as well. Again, the OEM camber bolt is limited in range, esp if the car is lowered. To gain more range, you need either an RCA kit, or adjustable lower arms.

Good luck.
thanks... btw do you still have your 18MM available?
Old 01-27-12, 05:35 AM
eagleeye
Rookie

So a quick update .... My package from FIGS has arrived however i will not install this until i get back from vacation. So to be continued...............
Old 02-11-12, 02:18 PM
eagleeye
Rookie

So i finally installed these links from FIGS. install was very easy however i misunderstood what theses links do. After taking it to an alignment shop again, they stated that they could not get my camber into spec. I spoke with Mike from Figs and he stated that these links correct Bump Steer and toe. I didnt have an issue with either of these. My issue was camber. So i am still stuck with a car that cant be aligned and i am not putting my new tires on it until i get the alignment corrected. This f-ing sucks. All this $$ just to lower 2 inches. Ive spent more than i want to spend on this car, so as far as an update my friends this is as good as it gets.

So i guess the next step is to get RCA's. or just go back to stock and say forget it.
Old 02-11-12, 02:27 PM
Acer
Lead Lap

what are RCA's used for? camber correction?
Old 02-11-12, 04:33 PM
eagleeye
Rookie

Originally Posted by acer9103
what are RCA's used for? camber correction?
Yes sirrrrrrr. I have a front 38mm but it slammed my car with these Megan springs. The rear will lower your car and correct camber issues.
Old 02-27-12, 09:59 PM
KingRocky
Driver School Candidate

Man, reading your post makes me worried. I haven't drive my 3GS since I installed the Megan springs, but I should wait until I get my camber fixed also.

Have you decided which company you'll go with for the camber correction issue? I'm going to have a pull and roll on the rear fenders to accommodate the rubbing from the camber fixture as well.
Old 03-05-12, 08:38 AM
eagleeye
Rookie

Exact RCA's. If you go this route it will lower your car more. I haven't purchased yet no plans to purchase unless I get a good deal. For now I'm just taking it easy with my driving.