Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: What FIG's part would you like to see released next?
Spherical Tension Arm Bushing
20.63%
Front Upper Arms, with Angled Ball Joint Mount
31.75%
Hi-Steer/RCA/Ball Joint combo
17.46%
Adjustable Tension Arms with Spherical/Heim Joints
7.94%
Front Lower Control Arms
15.87%
Rear Upper Control Arms
6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Upcoming FIGS GS Parts, By order of Importance.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-12, 02:19 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
been in contact with Mike the past few days about the caster spherical bearing!

I know he is working on one for me for the 01-05. and I will be doing a write up with tons of pictures.

This is one of the first things i wanted when I saw how the stock bushing is. I have all spherical bearing bushings in my race car and the GS really needs it.

cannot wait!
Originally Posted by sakataj
i paid for mine this morning but i know it will be about a week for them to get done and then a few days to ship to me...i have no clue when the UCA's will finally be done or the other parts
Originally Posted by FIGS
HI guys, just chiming in. We have had the spherical bearing testing for the past 6 months or so and no negative results. I am sending one to Brian and Mike to get more data and hopefully release after I get their feedback on the install. Also we will be carrying a Poly bushing that will blow you away when compared to the crap that has been offered to you guys in the past. Its a true rocking poly bearing that is multipiece. Check the IS300 version that is on the site right now for details.

Anyway, update when I can , still moving shops and getting power to my machines so I can continue making more stuff.
Mike
Nice, so it's sounds like we know the next thing to see readily available on the site will be the spherical bushings.
Old 02-04-12, 05:47 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Bringing this back up just because

I really need some new caster bushings. Did my alignment today and the driver side caster was off while the passenger side was perfect. Camber is worse on that side as a result. What does this get me? Crappy left vs right turns....
Old 02-04-12, 08:37 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSteg
Bringing this back up just because

I really need some new caster bushings. Did my alignment today and the driver side caster was off while the passenger side was perfect. Camber is worse on that side as a result. What does this get me? Crappy left vs right turns....
Yup, my car won't hold a good alignment either because of the worn bushings.. I'm already paid up and in line with Brian and Mike for the first batch of spherical inserts to go out..

The complete arm would be awesome when it's ready, but just eliminating the extreme binding when on coilovers and quick destruction that results will be a big help..
Old 02-06-12, 10:07 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
Yup, my car won't hold a good alignment either because of the worn bushings.. I'm already paid up and in line with Brian and Mike for the first batch of spherical inserts to go out..

The complete arm would be awesome when it's ready, but just eliminating the extreme binding when on coilovers and quick destruction that results will be a big help..
per the tracking # mine will be here on the 7th, i intend to do a step by step DIY on these for everyone as i have a spare set of arms (well cant find the passenger one but chin is supposed to come through for me on that) so i should have ZERO downtime. i intend on starting on this DIY this week, stay tuned
Old 02-06-12, 10:34 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
per the tracking # mine will be here on the 7th, i intend to do a step by step DIY on these for everyone as i have a spare set of arms (well cant find the passenger one but chin is supposed to come through for me on that) so i should have ZERO downtime. i intend on starting on this DIY this week, stay tuned
Can't wait to see it done Brian.
Old 02-09-12, 12:43 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Can't wait to see it done Brian.

thanks daniel...

i got my bushings in yesterday

had previously already pressed out the old OEM castor bushing (btw does anyone want the inner sleeve, its still encased in the rubber? well since the inner sleeve was already broken out removing the outer shell wasn't fun. ended up using a 20000 ton press and a air chisel. i knicked the edge

i then took a wire wheel brush to and was smoothing it when this happened

this is what i finally got it smoothed down to and will be sending it to FIGS hopefully it will be ok for him

well now im in a conundrum.... i had a spare passenger castor arm and i bought a spare drivers arm the other week from the classified's to have a complete set to do a DIY for everyone on these when i got them in. slight hiccup though, the ones i got yesterday were for a 98-2000 model as mike forgot i had a gs430 which has the bigger castor arm. no big deal actually as temporarily im gonna try and find some 1998-2000 model arms to install these ones in and im gonna send mike my spare 2001+ castor arm to help him to prototype the right ones for the 2001+ arms using my arm and AMSMIKE's measurements. ok here's the issue im having though....i need to locate/buy a passenger side castor arm to send to mike and i need to locate/buy some 1998-2000 model castor arms (i may have some 1998-2000 arms but nothing is for sure yet so im still looking atm)

So PM me if anyone can help me get a set of 98-2000 arms and a passenger 2001+ arm.... i was in communication with vendor Chin to get one but he was out of town till yesterday and i havent heard back from him since so im gonna start the hunt again till i do hear from him

If anyone can help me get them, this will help me help FIGS rolling with making the 2001+ spherical bushings

Passenger Side 2001+ Castor Arm (would be sent to FIGS)

Pair Of 1998-2000 Castor Arms (would be sent to me)
Old 02-09-12, 04:56 PM
gs400rpg
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99 GS3

Guess your lucky, I tried to pm figs saying I had cash ready and he said simply to wait. I can't risk waiting any longer so I'll order some bushings elsewhere beginning of next week.
Old 02-09-12, 06:11 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Damn I was so looking forward to this! Sorry you ran into trouble Brian..

I do have one question though, do these come with sleeves already? So we don't have to reuse the OEM sleeve and all?

Wish I had the money for these bushings.. I'd pay you for them and put them in mine since i'm 98-00.
Old 02-09-12, 06:16 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gs400rpg
Guess your lucky, I tried to pm figs saying I had cash ready and he said simply to wait. I can't risk waiting any longer so I'll order some bushings elsewhere beginning of next week.
Yeah, I had contacted him when I started this thread about getting them. He allowed me to purchase a pair. I got the feeling that he was just trying to help me out, and that they are not ready for mass sale yet, it seems he was still waiting for more material/parts to have them readily available. Once they are in stock you will see them added to his website.

Good luck on elsewhere, cause it's either Ikeya Formula arms or trying to find the super rare jdm spherical inserts for something similar to this.

If you not super low on coilovers or air then the other replacement bushings out there should still get you a good amount of mileage from them.
Old 02-09-12, 06:19 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

I do have one question though, do these come with sleeves already? So we don't have to reuse the OEM sleeve and all?
There is no sleeve, it a complete bearing assembly that does away with the entire oem insert.
Old 02-09-12, 07:21 PM
bluwagun
Lead Lap

With figs uca, will this delete the purpose of drilling the whole in the shock tower in order to clear the oem ball joint on my 2gs? If so I need a set please.
Old 02-09-12, 07:38 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

dang Brian! Hope your finger isn't too bad! In the future, put the part in the vice then use the wire wheel brush.

Figs has the 98-00 GS made. The issue on hand is the 01+ is larger diameter. So Mike @ Figs has to machine a new bearing cup. These bearings are installed without using any of the oem internals holding the factory bushing. The outer rings, all of it needs to be removed!

I will try and call LKQ tmw, I am not sure they will be able to get me some arms, I will see.

and to everyone else waiting, this is seriously worth waiting for. The alternate solutions are not that great compared to a spherical bearing for the caster arm. bushings will need to be replaced down the line. These wont!
Old 02-09-12, 07:43 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bluwagun
With figs uca, will this delete the purpose of drilling the whole in the shock tower in order to clear the oem ball joint on my 2gs? If so I need a set please.
Nobody knows yet. The design angles the ball joint down a little bit which will help, it is mainly to relieve the joint angle some, take off a bit of stress and eliminate maxing out the range of motion.

But it all depends on how slammed you are. It is very likely that it is not going completely solve the shock tower problem, but may help people that are right on the borderline height-wise when moderately lowered on coilovers. If your on air and the joint sticks up through the hole you've cut, then there is no way it will be angled down nearly enough to eliminate that.
Old 02-09-12, 08:29 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

So that means I can hit up Mike for my 98-00 spherical bushings then?!
Old 02-10-12, 01:33 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
dang Brian! Hope your finger isn't too bad! In the future, put the part in the vice then use the wire wheel brush.

Figs has the 98-00 GS made. The issue on hand is the 01+ is larger diameter. So Mike @ Figs has to machine a new bearing cup. These bearings are installed without using any of the oem internals holding the factory bushing. The outer rings, all of it needs to be removed!

I will try and call LKQ tmw, I am not sure they will be able to get me some arms, I will see.

and to everyone else waiting, this is seriously worth waiting for. The alternate solutions are not that great compared to a spherical bearing for the caster arm. bushings will need to be replaced down the line. These wont!
finger is fine...i knew i should have used a vice i just didnt have access to it atm. i put some gloves on and i was cool lol.

thats true the 2001+ are 6mm bigger than the 98-2000 models

i tried my local LKQ yard but they said they dont keep a inventory of their cars so im trying a few other avenues i have but keep me informed on this mike. i will buy a passenger one if you can find me one

So that means I can hit up Mike for my 98-00 spherical bushings then?!
you can try daniel i dunno what he will tell u...

BTW people please stop PM'ing me (the 3 people who pm'ed me about these) and asking me if you can buy these from me and how much they were. no im not selling you these, if i cant get the arms im sending them back to figs and as i have said many times im not willing to discuss the pricing mike gives me

Quick Reply: Upcoming FIGS GS Parts, By order of Importance.....