Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: What FIG's part would you like to see released next?
Spherical Tension Arm Bushing
20.63%
Front Upper Arms, with Angled Ball Joint Mount
31.75%
Hi-Steer/RCA/Ball Joint combo
17.46%
Adjustable Tension Arms with Spherical/Heim Joints
7.94%
Front Lower Control Arms
15.87%
Rear Upper Control Arms
6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Upcoming FIGS GS Parts, By order of Importance.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-12, 11:17 AM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ nice!
Old 02-14-12, 08:13 PM
GS714
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just curious folks

So with FIGS caster arm bushing #2. Is it going to be a press fit? Or a sliding fit? What is the suppose for Loctite? Have any anyone test driving his or her car with the FIGS caster arm yet?
Old 02-14-12, 08:29 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by GS714
So with FIGS caster arm bushing #2. Is it going to be a press fit? Or a sliding fit? What is the suppose for Loctite? Have any anyone test driving his or her car with the FIGS caster arm yet?
As Figs already mentioned it is not a press fit. It will be set with the mentioned Loctite. It is a bearing retainer compound, and not a threadlocker like most people think when they hear the Loctite brand name..

As far as I know Brian and I are the only people that have them so far, AMSMike needs the 01+ I believe so he is still waiting. So if you go back through the thread you can see the history leading up. But hopefully one of us will be able to get them install in the next few days and give some feedback.
Old 02-14-12, 09:46 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
As far as I know Brian and I are the only people that have them so far, AMSMike needs the 01+ I believe so he is still waiting. So if you go back through the thread you can see the history leading up. But hopefully one of us will be able to get them install in the next few days and give some feedback.
correct. Mike (Figs) is working on a set for the 01+ for me. I measured mine and sent that info to him. I know Mike is very busy with other stuff and the new shop.
Old 02-15-12, 08:39 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

I have material to machine the 66mm diameter coming. Hold tight guys, making it happen.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 02-15-12, 08:57 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

As Figs already mentioned it is not a press fit. It will be set with the mentioned Loctite. It is a bearing retainer compound, and not a threadlocker like most people think when they hear the Loctite brand name..

We have had a 99 testing the bearing for about 8 months now with no issues as well. Its the model year changeover that is the issue.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 02-15-12, 09:09 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

no someone has had the 98 models on for awhile....i dunno for sure but if i was a gambling man i would say it might be Kharizma's car who has been testing them as david lives very close to figs. (it doesnt really matter im just guessing....)

i ALSO need a set of 2001+ models for my GS430. i am "downgrading" to the 98-00 model arms to make my DIY/install/test these..... i will either send these back to FIGS or sell them when he makes my 2001+ model arms

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
correct. Mike (Figs) is working on a set for the 01+ for me.
and for me

Originally Posted by FIGS
I have material to machine the 66mm diameter coming. Hold tight guys, making it happen.

Originally Posted by FIGS
We have had a 99 testing the bearing for about 8 months now with no issues as well. Its the model year changeover that is the issue.
good to hear mike. u get that drivers side arm? i wanna know if that little burr is gonna be a problem for you....also mike (amsmike) and myself finally heard back from chin so we should have a complete set to send to you soon. i also will be at the shop tonight working on a few things and hopefully will get these started.....stupid press hasnt been working right so im scrambling to get these bushings out now, i dont wanna chisel them out after last time
Old 02-15-12, 09:49 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Brian if you are selling those 98 arms with the bushings when he makes yours I call first dibs. I am in a 98, so these would be perfect for me if I could just install them in the whip and call it a day.

Keep me posted via text/PM/FB though Brian if you do decide to do that so I can start to save money to pay you for them.
Old 02-15-12, 10:36 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Brian if you are selling those 98 arms with the bushings when he makes yours I call first dibs. I am in a 98, so these would be perfect for me if I could just install them in the whip and call it a day.

Keep me posted via text/PM/FB though Brian if you do decide to do that so I can start to save money to pay you for them.
it will depend on what FIGS wants me to do with them daniel....if he wants them back they going back to him if not and says its ok for me to sell them i will BUT only after i find out what he's selling them for so i dont shaft someone over on the price

we talk alot daniel through phone/text/FB/CL you'll know when i know
Old 02-15-12, 05:45 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sakataj
it will depend on what FIGS wants me to do with them daniel....if he wants them back they going back to him if not and says its ok for me to sell them i will BUT only after i find out what he's selling them for so i dont shaft someone over on the price

we talk alot daniel through phone/text/FB/CL you'll know when i know
Cool cool thanks bro.
Old 02-15-12, 06:48 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Update from Brian (Sakataj).. Both arms have the bushings in!

Here's the pics:

Last edited by LuxuryGS3; 02-16-12 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Re-uploaded pics
Old 02-17-12, 08:48 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

^ haha seems noone is interested daniel?
Old 02-17-12, 08:51 AM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

I have a pair of 01+ caster arms coming to me. Thanks to Chin!
Old 02-17-12, 08:58 AM
gs400rpg
Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
yes just 3.....but your the only one who was asking me my prices and for me to sell you my parts. i have made it very clear im not willing to discuss any prices mike gives me. i know im one of the most love to be hated people around here but i do alot more behind the scenes then you think.
I didn't ask you to sell me your parts? sorry you confused me with someone else .

I don't think anyone hates you for having test parts. With out people like you willing to test the parts and take the chances we wouldn't have trustworthy parts to buy soon.
Old 02-20-12, 08:12 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
I have a pair of 01+ caster arms coming to me. Thanks to Chin!
nice mike you sending them to mike or holding onto them

Originally Posted by gs400rpg
I didn't ask you to sell me your parts? sorry you confused me with someone else .

I don't think anyone hates you for having test parts. With out people like you willing to test the parts and take the chances we wouldn't have trustworthy parts to buy soon.
no i didnt mistake anyone nor did i ever say anyone hated me for testing....i said i am one of the most loved to be hated members

Last edited by sakataj; 02-20-12 at 05:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Upcoming FIGS GS Parts, By order of Importance.....