Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sc400 w/ Tein CS Coilovers! How can i go lower????

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-12, 10:21 AM
lexiSC4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just added a pic of how my ride looks with them
Old 02-07-12, 11:38 AM
scoobySC3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexiSC4
Wow this helps out alot!!!! Thanks! so now to to pick the SM060-01250 w/ 9.8 long? or the SV060-01225 w/ 8.9 long? Which one of these would i not have to get the 65mm ID helper spring? or will i have to get it no mattter what? whats the website for swift? so i can look into them...

I like them alot actually! This is the only problem im having is that im not low how i wanna be! But if i change the spring ill be even more happpy with them!!!

To determine the proper spring, you would need to measure the distance from the lower spring perch to the upper spring perch with the coilover fully extended. If the distance of the measurement perch-to-perch is longer than the spring you want to put on, you will need the helper spring. Now take this with a grain of salt as I have never done this personally, and actually contacting Tein may be the best bet, as they should be able to tell you exactly what you will need and the approx. drop with the new springs as well. Tein also offers helper springs, but I was not able to find it on their site. Also, from what I understand, you could take your original spring length, subtract the new spring length, and that should be your approximate drop height.

The swift helper spring website is: http://www.swiftsprings.net/products...t_springs.html

And if you do purchase them, you will want to go through one of their authorized dealers: http://www.swiftsprings.net/dealer.html

By the way, I think your car looks great

Thanks,
Rick
Old 02-08-12, 11:27 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by uras300
Tein CS's are designed to provide luxurious and comfortable ride while achieving sporty look by moderately lowering ride height. The maximum/lowest ride height is where suspension can function properly to achieve that goal. In other words, you've chosen wrong coilovers for your desired application. Still, do not do anything radical to ruin a nice set of suspension, please!

Sell the Tein CS and buy another set of coilovers. And remember to do some homework next time you buy them.
This pretty much sums it up.

Those Tein CS are single height adjustable and not meant for slamming the car.

Originally Posted by scoobySC3
Only option I can think of would be to get a shorter spring and then maybe a helper spring to keep the spring pre-load in check if the replacement spring's length is not long enough to seat on the upper and lower perches when the damper is fully extended.

The CS coilovers will use 65mm I.D. "Standard" springs front and rear. Part numbers for the supplied springs are, Front: SM100-01250 Rear: SK060-01300

So now go to Teins site. http://www.tein.com/products/standar...rice_list.html Find those part numbers on that list, and then choose a spring to the left of those part numbers. So for example if you want to lower the rear more, find the original rear spring (SK060-01300) which is 11.8 inches long, look to the left and you will see SM060-01250 which will have the exact same rate, but is only 9.8 inches long, or the SV060-01225 which is 8.9inches long, but same spring rate. Depending on the length of the new spring, you may need to get a 65mm I.D. helper spring to keep the main spring from flopping around when the damper is at full extension. Swift makes a great 65mmx60mm helper spring in a bunch of different rates.

Also, how do you like the Comfort Sports? Those were one of the coilovers I was really interested in.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Rick
The problem with this is that they are single height adjustable, meaning as he sits now he has very little shock travel. You put a shorter spring on there and you will be riding on the bumpstops all the time. Not ideal.

You need a new set of coilovers. Megans or BCR's will work as they are both dual height adjustable.

I personally suggest the BCR.

If you need help shoot us a PM