Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

steering ecu ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-02, 01:45 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I get pretty good road feel with my current set up. It is more steering responsiveness. I don't want the car to move everytime I flinch but I would like it to move soon after I turn the wheel. The "buffer zone" is still to big. That steering column adjustment TSB discussed about a month ago sounds like what I need but I have not talked to Lexus about it yet. Plus, since my car is a 98, it is not under warranty anymore so I'd have to pay for it.

Last edited by Neo; 10-24-02 at 02:09 AM.
Old 10-24-02, 02:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
I get pretty good road feel with my current set up. It is more sterring responsiveness. I don't want the car to move everytime I flinch but I would like it to move soon after I turn the wheel. The "buffer sone" is still to big. That sterring column adjustment TSB discussed about a month ago sounds like what I need but I have not talked to Lexus about it yet. Plus, since my car is a 98, it is not under warranty anymore so I'd have to pay for it.
same here, my car is within the first 7000 gs made so i am pretty sure i am in the list of the TSB.. but i will need to pay for it now, sigh... well at least it's around 1 hr job, only gonna be around 80 bucks, not too bad.
Old 10-24-02, 02:27 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

i don't know about the ny area, but here in cali (either north cali or south cali), from the time they start lifting up your car to the point they put down your car with the l-tuned springs and shocks it won't be anything more than 2 hrs. that's with 2 people working on the car. and it's professionally done already, no squeak, nothing. in LA the running price for installation would be around 100, and in north cali it would be around 180 at most

I wish i was in cali, those are great prices.

In ny the instal comes out to be more than $500. The installation costs more than the parts.
Hopefully more dealerships in ny will learn about installing ltuned so the prices will be lower.
Old 10-24-02, 02:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by RNM GS3

I wish i was in cali, those are great prices.

In ny the instal comes out to be more than $500. The installation costs more than the parts.
Hopefully more dealerships in ny will learn about installing ltuned so the prices will be lower.
wow, i would stop modding cars if i were there
Old 10-24-02, 08:27 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
rominl,

As for the steering ECU, don't expect a miracle guys. Unless you are very sensitive to the steering feel, you will notice a slight change but not night and day. When I installed mine, I took it out for a ride onto the freeway. Yes there was a change but not a WOW change. I've had it for awhile now so I don't even remember what stock feels like anymore. Steering is actually still too luxurious (read loose) for my taste.
Oh wow.....thanks for the Steering ECU update. As long as it is some kind of difference, this is good enough for me. I am not expecting BMW tight steering, but at least something better than the stock.

Geez.....I hope this difference in feeling when upgrading to the L-tuned steering ECU is not all in my head either, since I have been anticipating it all this time.
Old 10-26-02, 09:47 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: steering ecu ?

Originally posted by repman
just put on the ltune springs and shocks and really like them ,but i also got the steering ecu and the number appears to be the same as what i took off which is 89650 it is the same color and came in a toyota box is this the upgraded ecu or did they send me another stock one dont want to put it in till i find out. so anyone who has installed the ltune ecu please respond. tks larry
REPMAN are you feeling the difference in steering and handling? I am as I explain in the attached thread. Keep me updated on your thoughts on this set up.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...2&pagenumber=2